Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
my dad is tepidly pleased about trump. he's not rural or working class or anything, he just worked with lobbyists during his career and hates DC with a passion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

my family don't like trump and were a bit upset about the election but then i sent them some videos of hillary speaking out of her lie hole and now they don't care who won which I think is for the best really

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

On the other hand, this sort of post, as a representative of the sentiment commonly held among progressives and broadcast nationally in both media commentary and the plots to TV shows and movies, is a large part of why many people voted Trump.

When a party decides to ignore, mock, or outright vilify a large chunk of the population for ~30 years, it shouldn't surprise you that they'll eventually turn to someone else who shows them respect. It's actually quite rational; you vote for someone who you think will represent your interests. When someone says "we despise you and your entire way of life, just go and die," that person is not likely to represent your interests. If you tell coal miners you're going to put them out of work, they will vote against you.

It turns out that the Dems got high off their own supply of "changing demographics ensure we will win everything forever" and nominated a notoriously corrupt party insider whose biggest fanbase was people who have seen "Hamilton" live more than once, only to find that even if the "permanent majority" theory might be true in the long run they badly miscalculated the timeline.

It cannot be overstated just how much the national Democratic party has been kicking the ball into their own goal this election cycle.

I'm from those areas, its not anecdotal. They are desperate and raised in abusive environments. Not all are incapable of critical thinking, but most are beyond it and have given up.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I am the liberal relative :getin:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I voted for Trump and so did my whole family so it's going to be an intolerably smug holiday season.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CalvinCoolidge posted:

Sorry family, we're going to be funding local civil engineering projects rather than just hand our money to armed Jihadi's the next few years. I'm sure we'll pull through.

hahahahaha this is not going to happen

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my canadian family is all about bernie

and my american family too
my dad was convinced trump was gonna win leading up to election day and i was like LOL dad no way trump wins wanna bet

and we did bet, i bet on clinton winning
and i doubled down on election day
so yeah that was dumb

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baloogan posted:

my dad was convinced trump was gonna win leading up to election day and i was like LOL dad no way trump wins wanna bet

so yeah that was dumb

half my family is from vermont.

bernie, to them, is maple jesus.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

My liberal relatives and I eat Thanksgiving in a treehouse in the nude

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

panascope posted:

I voted for Trump and so did my whole family so it's going to be an intolerably smug holiday season.

Can I leave my mother at an ihop and please come to your house for Thanksgiving?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

panascope posted:

u and ur family are loving scum hth

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baloogan posted:

so yeah that was dumb

loving owned

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

My uncle and cousin both think their phones are tapped because they are liberal

can't fuckin wait to walk in on thanksgiving with a red maga hat on

(I'm super liberal also but I am yet to get the mental disorder many seem to have)

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dear your sorry rear end,

http://thebaffler.com/blog/show-up-stuff-face-trumpland

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Sound posted:

(I'm super liberal also but I am yet to get the mental disorder many seem to have)
Have you considered the fact that liberalism is a mental disorder in itself?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Having Thanksgiving dinner with my girlfriend's super religious Trump loving family. I can't wait to detail the benefits of international bolshevism to them :ussr:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Its cool that conservatives have adopted this talking point in the "no u" method of political discourse.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Libelous Slander posted:

Its cool that conservatives have adopted this talking point in the "no u" method of political discourse.

Both sides are the problem, so "no u" is half right.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Libelous Slander posted:

"liberalism is a mental disorder! now, let me tell you about (((SOROS))) and how the illuminati and secret jew banks run the fema death camps"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Liberalism is a mental disorder that causes the afflicted to believe anyone that disagrees with them is a conservative.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My extended family is incapable of not being jackasses of the highest magnitude, and in fact Facebook fights have already erupted over a cousin posting literal white nationalist rhetoric about immigration being a tool to dilute the white man's power in America. The hilarious thing is the dumb fucker is half Ecuadorian who would not pass the paper bag test.

So another thing to thankful for on Thanksgiving I guess: I'm not going anywhere near that shitfest this year.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
My family are Russian immigrants and they love love love Donald Trump, all Russian's do and I have no idea why. For the past 6 months my mom has only referred to Hillary Clinton as Crooked Hillary. We're not having Thanksgiving with them this year, but my very liberal "coastal elites" sister and her husband are and they are going to get an earful.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

BUSH 2112 posted:

"liberalism is a mental disorder! now, let me tell you about (((SOROS))) and how the illuminati and secret jew banks run the fema death camps"

i dont understand, why would you not want to learn the truth?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You say that with snark, but liberals have actually need trying that one for a long time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=con....0.0l2.6463j0j7

fake edit - but then again, so have conservatives.

https://www.google.com/search?q=conservatism+is+a+mental+illness&rlz=1C1GIWA_enUS656US656&oq=conservatism+is+a+mental+illness

This kind of thing should bother all regular people.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
all my conservative family members are getting a card that says "1000$ has been donated to the ACLU in your name, fuckin lol"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
when you open the card, there's a popup cutout of stone cold steve austin goin all double deuces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

My family are Russian immigrants and they love love love Donald Trump, all Russian's do and I have no idea why. For the past 6 months my mom has only referred to Hillary Clinton as Crooked Hillary. We're not having Thanksgiving with them this year, but my very liberal "coastal elites" sister and her husband are and they are going to get an earful.

Russians for Trump are temporarily embarrassed oligarchs

• Locked thread