Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you could do a version of The Crucible but w/the modern russian 'witch hunt' to be kind of edgy and dumb, itd be funny though someone should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
We're hours away from finding out that Hillary openly professed allegiance to Satan in It Takes A Village.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:capitalism:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

That's just a Trump campaign rally

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He just needs to move to a good state like California, I heard there's tons of welfare there

Bing bang bong so simple, take that rural America

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Subjunctivitis posted:

Has there been any good amount of high quality research/hypothesizing on this? I'd be genuinely interested in reading serious material what caused leftist apathy/political abandonment.

I expect it's complex and multi-faceted, involving a bunch of historical points like MLK's assassination, Vietnam, McGovern's defeat, Reagan/Second Cold War/Baby Boomer economy, Clinton/Tech Bubble/GenX economy, but is there a well-developed thesis about the interweaving of these (and/or probably other) things to drive leftist out leftist participation? Or do I just need to read Chomsky?

Why is this confusing? The motherfuckers can WATCH us now! :tinfoil:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Why are you disregarding the systematic dismantling of the left? A large amount of state power was used to disrupt and destroy them and the overwhelming strength of the capitalist class finished the job. Do you think that is a one time event or something?
Also the state power of the USSR which was used to support them disappeared in the 90s.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

navyjack posted:

Why is this confusing? The motherfuckers can WATCH us now! :tinfoil:

Also students becoming indentured servants, basically, by virtue of unsustainable student loans becoming part and parcel of the educational system makes anything that could lead to professional repercussions risky to engage in.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i gotta say at this point i fuckin hate that the reaction to this is HILLARY CLINTON and not SMASH CAPITALISM

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

i gotta say at this point i fuckin hate that the reaction to this is HILLARY CLINTON and not SMASH CAPITALISM

can't be anticapitalist without being anti-hillary at this point. she tied herself super closely to capitalism and spent a good deal of her campaign trying to tell everyone that everything was perfect, so it's only natural she's seeing blowback for that, even to this day

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Gross taxable is $94k? Bourgeois!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

can't be anticapitalist without being anti-hillary at this point. she tied herself super closely to capitalism and spent a good deal of her campaign trying to tell everyone that everything was perfect, so it's only natural she's seeing blowback for that, even to this day

sure, score settling feels good and twitter is the score settling platform but wouldnt a better tactic be to swap out hillarys name with pelosi because a. pelosi is an elected extremely powerful democrat b. a very big fan of costal liberal capitalism (ie if you dont want to live in the bay area and work for tech startups you dont deserve to make ends meet) and c. people who could be receptive to an anticapitalist message still have an emotional attachment to hillary's loss

Serf
May 5, 2011

i got to problem with clinton but tying her name and her stunning loss to every failing of the democratic party is good. be sure to stick a finger in that wound from election night and remind people that lovely stuff like this is part of the reason we lost. but al is right and we should deffo include the names of other bad dems who are still gettin paid to sell us out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the weirdest refrain of this thread is "we will never get these callow opportunists to agree with us!!!" lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

sure, score settling feels good and twitter is the score settling platform but wouldnt a better tactic be to swap out hillarys name with pelosi because a. pelosi is an elected extremely powerful democrat b. a very big fan of costal liberal capitalism (ie if you dont want to live in the bay area and work for tech startups you dont deserve to make ends meet) and c. people who could be receptive to an anticapitalist message still have an emotional attachment to hillary's loss

I don't disagree, but hillary sowed a lot of bad blood so people are going to be targeting her and those with ties to her for a while yet. plus, hillary is much more representative of third wayism than pelosi despite no longer holding office, so that makes her a bigger target too

it's not like people aren't aiming at pelosi though, she's got a primary challenger

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

the weirdest refrain of this thread is "we will never get these callow opportunists to agree with us!!!" lol

i mean most of us don't have the cash to buy them off with

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Back in the primaries I said 'Death to neoliberalism or we burn the country' but I didn't realize that, at the same time, the people in power were saying 'Long Live neoliberalism and we burn the people'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

i mean most of us don't have the cash to buy them off with

i just think theyre far more afraid of being labelled baddems than being called into question for their ties to the pernicious traitor kkkillary, and again there are lots of people who could be pushed but are emotionally attached the way someone gets attached to a terrible sports team that always loses like the mets

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

i just think theyre far more afraid of being labelled baddems than being called into question for their ties to the pernicious traitor kkkillary, and again there are lots of people who could be pushed but are emotionally attached the way someone gets attached to a terrible sports team that always loses like the mets

are we talkin about the politicians or the supporters of the party? bc the politicans aren't afraid of being called a word that i have never seen used outside of this thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

are we talkin about the politicians or the supporters of the party? bc the politicans aren't afraid of being called a word that i have never seen used outside of this thread

the politicians are, im sure, sleeping comfortably on 10 thousand dollar mattresses, bellies full of lobster thermador

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
http://mynews4.com/news/local/sandoval-vetoes-bill-expanding-medicaid-health-care-in-nevada

quote:

Sandoval called the bill a "novel idea" in his veto message, saying its concepts will likely play a role in the future of health care policy.

He said he would veto AB 374, however, as it "raises more questions than it answers" and adds more uncertainty to the health insurance industry.

bad dem spotted (hes a republican but it fits)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

quote:

bad dem spotted (hes a republican but it fits)

new thread title please

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
that gif of rick & the girl from rick & morty beating up a skinhead but instead of a swastika shirt its an "i'm with her" shirt and rick & the girl are wearing "bernie woulda won" shirts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He just needs to move to a good state like California, I heard there's tons of welfare there

Bing bang bong so simple, take that rural America

I think the real way he needs to fix his life is to attend a coding boot camp and then move to denver

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
*ominous black and white ad rolls*

Kamala Harris is a bad dem

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna be Harris/Booker 2020 and we're all gonna be spoiled white male racists all over again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

It's gonna be Harris/Booker 2020 and we're all gonna be spoiled white male racists all over again.

It's hard to imagine what sort of the 2020 ticket bad dems will devise

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Zuck/Cuban 2020!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

etalian posted:

It's hard to imagine what sort of the 2020 ticket bad dems will devise

Or any ticket really

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm going to a phone bank for Ossof, how much does he/phonebanking suck

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Lemming posted:

I'm going to a phone bank for Ossof, how much does he/phonebanking suck

phone banking is good and easy, just expect to have only a small number of good conversations per shift and do your best to stick with it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

the politicians are, im sure, sleeping comfortably on 10 thousand dollar mattresses, bellies full of lobster thermador

this but unironically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

this but unironically

who said i was being ironic

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:thermidor:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

MaxxBot posted:

Zuck/Cuban 2020!

Not that i like either, but Zuck has advocated for UBI and Cuban has advocated for single payer, so still a step up from your typical bad dem.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

do it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

why would you expend any effort beyond a lazy vote for a little piece of poo poo like ossoff

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zuck fuckerberg

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly, imma take a breather today, because let's be honest: lovely people are still gonna be poo poo when i get back, and the world never fell apart in the span of eight or twelve hours.

for those of you that wanna tag along, have some chill music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQoJJU2Vhv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mister Fister posted:

Not that i like either, but Zuck has advocated for UBI and Cuban has advocated for single payer, so still a step up from your typical bad dem.

capitalists correctly recognize they actually need a customer/servant base that isn't dying in poverty for them to continue to be rich

• Locked thread