Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She was confronted by a woman at a donor's dinner in South Carolina (?) and just kept going "let me talk, let me talk" until she was led away by security. Then Clinton immediately went "Now back to the issues."
I know that person irl. A does a lot of work outside of trolling candidates and has a large network. And that person, like a lot of their peers, wrote in bozo the clown this election.

Its really weird being an actual black person in america and being lectured to by liberal elites about the real issues. Blacks are still in the tank of dems but the new generation, not so much. Minorities aren't going to be a solid block anymore because Dems haven't done anything for us since 1965 or whatever.

temple has issued a correction as of 13:11 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Liberals are still obsessed with decorum.
I disagree because most people doesn't care who's right or wrong, they just want something done. So the minute that liberals try to retaliate, it only prolongs the argument and nothing happens. Which leads to people feeling like government is broken. Any perceived slight by liberals confirms all the vitriol produced by conservatives and they will say they were right all along. Don't engage with hate. Don't engage with tit for tat. Always address the issue with a solution. Force the oppo to address the issue. Obama knew this. Obstruction is one thing but petty insults and finger pointing always make you look bad even if you're right.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Killer Mike is dumb but right.
Bernie was right.
Marx was right.
Lucifer was right.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol go watch the interview with Bernie and Mike before you say he's dumb. The man is not dumb. He may hold a few dumb positions (like everybody) but overall that was one of the most apt and fruitful conversations of this whole shitshow election. The DNC should be taking notes from that interview if they want to even try to appeal to the large portion of America that voted for Obama and stayed home for clinton.

https://youtu.be/LCnrQZbqIQU

Mike has said other things. Yes he's right but I don't agree with everything he thinks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

How I do resist owning hillaries in public? What should I talk about?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

bump_fn posted:

empathize with them. talk to them about how sad/scared they feel. and then remind them that roosevelt's democratic party supported the working class and they should too
How you do empathize with "Hillary was robbed"? I've said "full communism" to 15 different people in one weekend.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

bump_fn posted:

"the election happened and it's over, you can hide in the past or you can work for the future and only one of those things will make a difference"

Nice

temple
Jul 29, 2006

MJ12 posted:

One of the interesting things about group psychology is that when you get someone into a group, they tend to move their viewpoints towards what the group finds desirable and acceptable. That's why, for example, Muslim-Americans tend to be more pro gay-marriage than Protestants, because the right-wing has tons of Islamophobes who have pushed Muslim-Americans to the left and they take on leftist views. So what you need to do is first get them into your group.

Which shouldn't be hard. These guys probably think their supported candidate was betrayed, and they were right. They probably think of themselves as pragmatic. So talk to them about how Hillary Clinton was betrayed by reaching out to the right. They strung her along with promises about how they didn't like Donald Trump as long as she was willing to moderate herself and she got hosed for it. In the secrecy of the ballot box they went and voted to poo poo on all the outreach she did to the center. Talk about how the Bushes told people they were voting for her but in the end ha ha ha lol get hosed. How about all those white women who said they were gonna vote for her in droves and in the end ha ha ha get hosed Hillary.

And then when they agree with this ask them if they want to keep trying to reach out to the right wing when they've demonstrated how dishonest they are, or if they want to reach out to the left wing. Remind them that Sanders did endorse Hillary and campaigned for her, and that you agree with a lot of Hillary's platform (because you do! There's a lot of stuff in there that was put in to appease Sanders supporters. It doesn't matter whether you think they were just lip service or not). I think that's why a lot of Clinton supporters faded into the bushes for a few days and turned out to suddenly want radical progressive change. They realize that their candidate tried to extend an olive branch to the right and got hosed for it.
This is good. However, when I say ber... people immediate shut down. I kinda just feel like giving up talking about politics with people that supported hillary because they just won't see racial justice needs economic justice to be successful.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status/797817209187864576

this is a good thread to read, about the differences between the democratic and republican parties as organizations, and why democrats keep getting owned (sorry i dont know how to embed tweets)

e: or here is the whole thing without numbering
That is deeply cynical and ignores the liberal progress of the 20th century. Liberals won the culture war and would be far more progressive if left unchecked. Republicans fight so hard because they have something to win. Liberals are simply maintaining the social inertia already in place. Due to capitalism, I can't think of an area of life that isn't affected by grifters or charlatans. Being a democrat is trying to convince 40% of Americans to work with the other 60%. Republicans are simply destroying progress, which is massively easier to plan and implement.

temple has issued a correction as of 11:10 on Nov 14, 2016

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

But this ignores all the points where Liberals (or leftists I guess) have plenty to fight for? And that they lost the economic war. They lost it happily it seems, when you read comments like Chuck Schumer's.

And being a politician means trying to convince half of a population with the other half. If that's too much for a politician, they picked the wrong career.
My point was that boo-hoo'ing about dem politicians is missing the bigger picture and griping about the fact that people aren't perfect.

edit: The country is largely leftist and time after time, people move to be more progressive and get over it (gay marriage, suffrage, civil rights). Dems are inept but professionals of all classes have inept people, dems flaws are more public.

temple has issued a correction as of 15:04 on Nov 14, 2016

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Trump's scandals didn't hurt him (or at least, doom him) because he wasn't running a campaign built on the illusion of decency. Hillary was; being absolutely obsessed with making this election a referendum on decency when a large swathe of America is legitimately angry and scared was, in a word, ridiculous.
That was my point to a degree in response to the tweets about dems being a failed group or consultancy. Dems actually have to lead and legislate, so its harder than what reps have to do. Republicans just have to destroy, obstruct, or stall. They don't have to come up with solutions. They don't represent anything which is why an orange con-man could take over their party in one election. Dems often fail or get bought out but that's due for the course of living in a capitalistic world. The country actually supports most of the progressive stuff, has historically supported those policies, created a working democracy for most people, and dems have to figure out how to make it better. Its dumb to bash the dems as an whole (Clintons excluded because they are hack frauds) or praise republicans because the two parties serve fundamentally different roles in our politics.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The 2nd leg of the race to reclaim america will be destroying and rebuilding the media to report information like this instead of idpol.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah I think it's more accurate to say "the oppressors have traditionally been white" than to say "whites traditionally are the oppressors". Whites in general have a lot of privileges that were granted to them on the basis of their skin color, but most of them are incidental, or specifically designed to control them into acting against their own best interest. I think "oppressor" is a term that should really be reserved for those with a modicum of actual political power, and that has not generally applied to the majority of white people.
Please be nice to white people.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I guess this thread is done with reforming the dnc and is slinging zingers against centrist enemies full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

How will single payer stop microagressions?! HUH BERNIEBROS?! As an oppressed minority, I loving hate racial pandering democrats that trot out social justice to support their lovely politics. IDGAF about social justice because white people constantly show they are incapable of creating a better society. Just make sure I have a job/benefits/some crude imitation of rights and I will call it even.

temple has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Nov 28, 2016

• Locked thread