Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

Username: Mitt Romney

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&&userid=87145

Last Post
Jul 25, 2016 3:58 PM

The 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses were a series of electoral contests organized by the Democratic Party to select the 4,051 delegates to the Democratic National Convention held July 25–28

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

... Yes? She mentioned those issues constantly on the stump, and those were easily the issues she was the most passionate and consistent about.

There are many good reasons why Hillary lost, but "not being passionate enough about womens' and childrens' issues" isn't one of them.

Yeah, honestly this was probably the thing Hillary believed in the most.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Princess Di posted:

At what point do middle class white people take responsibility for the personal antipathy that led them to just sit this one out.

Turns out, anybody can talk up privilege this and privilege that but in the end it is their privledge to choose who to vote for lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Kissinger not endorsing was what really did Hillary in, imo.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

This is like the Nate Silver journey if you think about it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hailthefish posted:

fixed it for you, so you can be less offended, god bless

:trumppop:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
God hath no fury like a millennial scorned.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Chelsea will be Jeb in 2020

Thank you 2020 for giving me another Jeb'esqe dunking to watch.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I just want to add about those mean Hilman posters; the Bernie poo poo posting was bad enough that it contributed to me switching candidates in the primary. Reliving the bile of the primary is the last thing we need for building up the new party.

You just sound a bit retarded tbh. I mean lmao I poo poo on annoying Bernie posters like nobodies business but switching candidates? Pffft.

Clinton posters were just less self-righteous about being assholes. That's all.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Alright, let me clarify. Most of it was sorta milquetoast asshollery. Zoux/fishmech/etc where like in a whole different league unto themselves.

Mister Fister posted:

This is the opposite of reality.

Could be, I tended to ignore the worst Clinton posters just because it was obvious they were totally worthless. So I might have ended up reading more annoying bernie posters my comparison.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

NumberLast posted:

Were Bernie posters just way worse outside the Bernie thread than they were in it?

In addition, I don't mean to rehash the primary - especially on this forum - but I've been dying to understand why the Bernie thread moving super fast and having low to no content posts as a majority bothered people that wouldn't have even posted in it.

Eh, its hard to describe really. There was something about the posting that really rubbed me the wrong way and I fuckin voted for Bernie and never considered voting Clinton in the primaries. Maybe it was an expectations game sorta.

l m a o

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Fishmech was one guy who nobody liked. Tatum Girlpants, A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Deteriorata, and pals ran the democratic primary thread and jerked each other off by ganging up on people who liked Bernie, continuously straw manning the worst of Bernie supporters so that they never had to address reasonable criticisms of Hillary. They were by far the worse posters.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about em since they all hung out in the Hillary GE thread. Not surprising it was a sad shadow of the Trump thread. I guess I always kept a low profile and generally never butted head with retards too much.

I do miss defending Hillary and her fuckin weird love of Kissinger in the Hill Primary thread tho. fuckin lol at her insane love of him.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know if he was obsessed with other places they posted but Zoux spent a whole lot of time screenshotting r/S4P posts and posting them here. I get that we are all idiots wasting a lot of time on an internet forum but jeez.

I screenshotted meltdowns :smugdon: One of them even got to be the hill primary thread title lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

A lot of them just simply disappeared. Sites like Something Awful and the like were known for being hard left in discourse for some time. Then out of no where centrist and establishment Dems began invading during the primaries shouting down everyone who disagreed with them. Then after their ideology and strategy went up in flames they disappeared back to the jungles in the internet where they came.

Mitt Romney possibly being a CTR shill is the most lol thing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

the way he engaged with people was really strange. he'd only come in to link something negative about sanders, or quote someone and state a talking point, and then never respond again.

also the date thing i pointed out lol

he was the only person i actually suspected of astroturfing tho.

Yeah, I always wondered about it during the primary too. Dude always had a link ready it was uncanny.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bump_fn posted:

its hilarisou for straight white people who arent literally terrified rn

basically, thank god almighty lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Well What Now posted:

meanwhile, Trump has already started pissing off the people he needs to hold on to the most...

https://twitter.com/jonfranks/status/797975490526998528

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snakeandbake posted:

While we're reminiscing about terrible shillary posters I'd just like to make sure nobody forgets about Despera, lol.

Oh and Fulchrum. Angry, stupid Fulchrum.

Despera is a legit libertarian tho, or close to it, if I remember right so that's not too surprising. Fulchrum is pretty lol tho.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol I just remembered that the RNC was doing GOTV for Hillary after they cut ties with Trump and she still got clobbered in EVs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVSlCvHA7zE&t=60s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

So, what's the chance the long-term takeaway for Democrats will be "We won the popular vote, stay the course!" instead of "We lost, time to fix poo poo." Seems like plenty of people have been flocking towards this talking point of "Actually, Hillary did win", and it would be heartbreaking if they managed to capture the discourse.

In the end, now that the centrist-wing basically got mega-owned the progressive-wing can just threaten to sit it out. I mean what can you try and whip them with now? A trump presidency? whoops

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Then again, dems don't need too many more votes to basically be a limping puerile creature, incapable of doing anything.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tower time posted:

One thing I still struggle with is why exactly the Clinton campaign poured so much money into advertising in the Los Angeles area, and California in general. While sheer incompetence or kickbacks to friends seem more likely, I can't help but entertain the small possibility that someone in the campaign actually predicted a Trump victory and made a choice to pour ad money into California to run up popular vote totals for a counter-narrative. It seems incredibly unlikely, and why attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity, but attempts to run up the popular vote total are the only logical reason I can think of to spend big money in California.

It was probably bleedover from Nevada, I live in San Diego and we got ads for a couple months at least. Also got some Trump ads near the end there lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

"Bernie bros!! Bernie Bros!!" I say as I shrink into a guy with no power

Bernie bros have one weird trick to beat Donald Trump!!! Pepe hates it!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

lets just hold the 2016 dem primary again and select bernie sanders just to shut everyone up

Correct.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

it's kind of amazing how meticulously petty that is, no meme uncorrected from the clinton camp!!!!

lmao yeah, I knew about rappaport due to primary drama but that it was a paid-for meme war :wtf::wtf:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

cams posted:

i am so glad that no one in this thread will ever have any impact on anything relevant to reality

Lol poor venom snake

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Condiv posted:

the only real question left to us is: subs or dubs?

Is the dub good or like 80's-90's terrible tier ?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

h0ly poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

Keith Ellison is good at Winning Elections.

Uhhh excuse me Mr. Ellison is a sitting congressman there the same as DWS bwuhhh???

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm thinking of hosting a political based podcast show where multiple people have discussions on political topics. Would anyone in this thread like to join in?

Eagerly awaiting the special segment where you invite fulchrum and throw anybody in there for a cage match.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I don't know jack poo poo about Pelosi's positions but she seemed like a real chill & cool lady in interviews I've run across of her.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Also, avoid nominating people under FBI investigation, that's an important one.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

Oh so we are believing polls now?

How did that work out

Polls assumed Clinton was running a campaign and not a grift operation, an understandable mistake.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Robby Mook desperately attempting to reboot their mad out of control Shindan election AI as it diverts all funds into hiring pants suit flash mobs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

A good way to know if you're doing things exactly wrong is if you do this.

https://twitter.com/jeffjarvis/status/804080925336342528

You can take my liberty but you'll never take my Pop-TartsŪ Trumptards!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I can't get over how scatological DumpKelloggs sounds

• Locked thread