Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHkPadFK34o

yup, make keith the dnc chairman

do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

slower than anticipated

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

goddamn that got buried

i wonder why...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zikan posted:

you gotta remember that for the white working class vote, obama portrayed himself in 2012 as saving the auto industry (i.e. thousands of jobs in the rust belt) vs. a chariticure of gordan geeko / i.e. economic populism vs a technocrat

imagine if hillary had invested in ads like this one from the steelworkers instead of "Trump's crazy lol" *ukalele & glockenspiel music*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oxlTfqYk0

remember when hillary attacked bernie for trying to shut down auto factories (when he wanted to bail them out, but not bail out wall st in the same bill)

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
3rd wave seems p divided between people who just wanna do what they want at the expense of others, and people who think hey maybe having sex with more than one person is ok. the first seems like a vocal minority.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Vox Nihili posted:

Reminder that an overbroad campaign strategy was like reason #2 Clinton lost.

50 state is more about supporting local elections so you have grassroots support and take state legislatures than trying to grab every state in a pres run.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i cant emptyquote that one vid where keith says trump will win and ppl laughed at him enough when choosing between him and dean as chair.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

no loving way.

they're so out of touch holy poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GlyphGryph posted:

Is rural New Jersey actually a real place even?

west/northwest and south/central jersey is rustbest style rural, yeah.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is the savagery we need rn.

"zach was right" - random twitter guy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/796850936333340672

shes 100% donezo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

comedyblissoption posted:

the CTR checks stopped coming in

Username: Mitt Romney

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&&userid=87145

Last Post
Jul 25, 2016 3:58 PM

The 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses were a series of electoral contests organized by the Democratic Party to select the 4,051 delegates to the Democratic National Convention held July 25–28

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rand alPaul posted:

I wish we had seen Margaret Thatcher-style Hillary and seen her get up and have a frank discussion about how much she loathes the GOP and is going to personally destroy their party once and for all.

yeah i dont think she is capable of running and winning, but i'd be cool if she tried to destroy them in spite with the rest of her life

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

etalian posted:

Fishmech is the the quintessence of Hill Folkness such as having the smug all the answers attitude and not being able to see simple basic reasons why workers would put their faith in Trump.

can we permaban fishmech for the sake of it. just for being peak dnd. and also for being extra insufferable.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Donna Brazile leaked the topics of the Town Hall debate, and they made her interim chair.

pay for plaaaaaaaaaaaay.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why was Hillary even pro fracking, she got like, zero dollars from it. pa jobs? fat lot that did.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

zen death robot posted:

Basically people in rural areas where lead mining died or agriculture is the main thing don't give a gently caress about much it seems.

wonder what happened there

btw when the republicans gently caress over the epa we're going to have a stupider and more violent populace because there's prob gonna be a shitload more lead in our drinking water.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ill win

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lee fang was pretty good during the primary tbh

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/796948774526423040

also lol as gently caress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
man there is some legit fire in lee's tweets.

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/796883925545066496

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pathos posted:

Venom Snake -- I posted this ages ago but I really really want as close to a definitive answer as possible: Why did Hillary pick Tim Kaine? Of all people? I get that he's a nice guy but... why? Just why? It was so safe and establishment and loving why?

he stepped down for dws and appeases the wall street overlords and is from a swing state (but vps never actually do anything there)

none of which was super important

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what countries have the best rural and semi-rural quality of life

look at them. steal their ideas.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
called my reps and the dnc and told them to pick up keith and drop the clintons asap and if they don't i will do everything in my power to primary them.

probably wont do anything but it felt good

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Corny posted:

This is from a post-concession email that Jason Kander sent out:

and here is his actual concession speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJWwN-B0Wzg

I figured it might do everyone some good to see this.

yo this made me like kander even more.

edit lol i looked at his policies. kind of a weirdo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
welcome, comrade

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mrmcd posted:

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toiled along with Obama's entire legacy.

this guy is acting like keith ellison is running for pres. like 85-95% of the country has no loving clue who runs the parties most of the time.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mrmcd posted:

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toilet along with Obama's entire legacy.

i also want to revisit this because they voted for a black man with a muslim name

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reicere posted:

Hmm, maybe giving the progressives a stage to fight against the establishment isn't the worst thing that could happen.

i wish obama was actually playing 7th dimensional chess instead of like

just being a boring corporatist

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when people call cory booker batman, it comes with the caveat that he's also bruce wayne.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/305663-sanders-eyeing-senate-leadership-bid

bernie staffer saying he's gunning for senate leadership position (not minority leader, fyi)

get in

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also lol @ the dems blaming voter suppression. what was in your power to stop that? win local elections and prevent lovely laws from stopping your constituents from voting. but nah, had to put all the money on the big H train.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cams posted:

https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/797245073197060096

start allocating electoral college votes by % contributed to gdp. let the free markets decide.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernoman wrote thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/opinion/bernie-sanders-where-the-democrats-go-from-here.html

key point:

"In the coming days, I will also provide a series of reforms to reinvigorate the Democratic Party."

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i saw ads in the loving NYC market for hillary.

which is notoriously expensive and did nothing for her because, well, its nyc.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

docbeard posted:

I think he would, but I think he's also trying his damnedest to set things up so he won't be. Trying to pull the party* back together and back on point, championing Ellison (rather than himself) as DNC chair, even if he's doing it all out of ambition it feels more like ambition for influence in the Senate (which I would feel really good about him getting) than for taking another stab at the big chair in 4-8 years.

___
*I notice that no one's shouting BUT HE'S NOT A DEMOCRAT these days. Good.

even if he's doing it for ambition, he could literally just reform the party and set the foundation for 30 years of elections and he'll be in the history books for a long drat time lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

The gun control poo poo needs to be minimized though. It's the definition an albatross.

lets minimize violence through getting rid of lead in our water, better education, and ending poverty.

then we can tackle guns.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
google autocomplete

"bernie sanders crying" no longer shows up, was at the bottom of the list

"bernie sanders 2020" is now #2 on the list, did not show up before

:getin:

elizabeth warren 2020 is also showing up now lol

(i know google autocomplete is not really indicative of anything)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lol ppl still tweet "daddy" beneath bernie tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bump_fn posted:

im a lil drunk and v angry so im just gonna post this: if ur armchair theorizing poo poo about politics please consider getting involved in any way possible to make this poo poo as least terrible

please

no seriously please it really matters get involved dont just tweet to your Facebook friends or however that poo poo works im old

i called all my dem reps and the dnc v:shobon:v

• Locked thread