Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Thanks for your insight and honesty VS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
whoops double post

FistEnergy has issued a correction as of 15:29 on Nov 11, 2016

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I made my share of Berniebro jokes this year, and I assumed that Clinton's flaws weren't fatal when compared to Trump's, but I just finished emailing Sherrod Brown and I told him that neoliberalism is dead and the progressive wing needs to take over from here and focus on economic equality and unionization. And after that, I emailed my county Democratic party office to find out how I can help out with this Trump-sign-infested county.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Equeen posted:

If you're comfortable doing so, can you post the basic form of your emails? I definitely need to do the same.

Obviously you don't need to share personal information.

Sure. I grabbed most of it from Thundercracker on page 50. Thanks buddy, for getting me to email too.

"To Whom it May Concern:

My name is XXX. I live in XXX. I've been a Democratic voter and supporter for my entire adult life. I donated for both Obama and Clinton, and voted for XXX after voting for XXX in the primary. Until Tuesday night, I considered myself a supporter of Third Way Centralism.

I mention these things to highlight the seriousness of what must be done. The party must make the right choice and back Bernie Sander's pick, Keith Ellison, for the DNC chairman, and let the Sanders wing lead the party. The credibility of establishment Democrats has been utterly destroyed. I call my own judgement into question for not heeding the populist movement that is sweeping the country and reshaping the electorate. Lower income Americans have been forgotten by a Democratic party that used to be their natural ally. We must turn our focus to raising wages for the middle and lower class and strengthening our unions. We must force Wall Street and the top 5% to pay their fair share instead of looting the last remaining wealth of our breadbasket.

If the Democratic Party unites under a common banner and fully embraces the millions of Americans who are struggling and who are fearful for their futures, we can retake our country in 2020 and return dignity, respect, and tolerance to the White House. If we instead fall into an ugly civil war between the centralist and progressive wings of the party, it will spell the end of American liberalism in its entirety.

Please do your part to convince the DNC to make the right choice. The only way out is the way forward, and to embrace the brand of populism that Mr. Sanders harnessed in 2016."

I've already heard back from my county organization and I'll see where it takes me.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I got sucked into a debate on my cousin's Facebook wall regarding Breitbart's (lack of) news credibility and after linking some clear-cut examples of bias and/or racism/sexism, a friend of his replied by stating "I think of a white nationalist as a Patriot".

:psyduck:

• Locked thread