Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Hillary Clinton needed some hypno-therapy from Revolver Ocelot to make her believe that she was, in fact, Bernie Sanders.

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone could hope to reform the Democratic Party or pivot it within the next four years, whether you supported Clinton or not. I haven't been in CSPAM since the primaries were over and expected this place to be rubble today. But given the deep structural rot of both parties, it seems like agitating for election reform is more worth your while than putting a fresh suit on the Walbochia-infested corpse that is the Democratic Party.

Pretty sure agitating for electoral reform isn't going to help much because the the republicans are about to embark on disenfranchising as many democrats as they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Kithkar posted:

Am I insane or is this actually not a bad choice at all, given everything that's happened? Give Bernie the DNC and let him push the party to the left, but Franken could actually be a good choice for 2020. He's pretty liberal, and isn't seen as a Hillaryman so adopting the Bernie platform wouldn't look disingenuous, he can counter Trump being Trump by being genuinely engaging and funny, and he's from the rust belt and knows their issues intimately.

The best part about Bernie for chair is it's frankly something we can actually work towards. Contact the committee members for your state and yell at them about it until the new pick. It's probably a longshot but it'll feel good to be trying to accomplish SOMETHING.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

cargo cult posted:

pls stop talking about how obama is the "coolest motherfucker alive," while roasting hillary for being a neoliberal corporate warhawk in the same loving sentence, like do you even hear yourself? wtf man. he's certainly slick, and retained his humanity cause he was barely in washington before he got the top job, but please, stop calling him "cool," im sure there are plenty of legless pakistani kids who'd really appreciate it.

I think you'll find that would only be silly of them if they were calling him Cool and Good (tm). He is not good, but absolutely is ridiculously loving cool.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

The best part about Bernie for chair is it's frankly something we can actually work towards. Contact the committee members for your state and yell at them about it until the new pick. It's probably a longshot but it'll feel good to be trying to accomplish SOMETHING.

Well looking into it, it looks like it's much harder than i thought to find out who the DNC members for your state are. The 100 "Chair and vice-chair for each state party" chunk is much easier, but there's also 200 "apportioned by population, generally either elected or chosen by the state party" and smattering of other people.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

There is nobody at the helm my man

There are 300some people who are going to get to vote on the new chair.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i found the list for california on cadems but reading the DNC charter it seems there is no such thing as a interim chair. I guess brazile just uses it to indicate she doesn't want to do it forever but theres probably going to need to be a popular call for bernie before the DNC members actually have a vote

Yeah I basically searched for washington because that's where I am and couldn't really find it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hillary would've been better off with dumb poo poo like Cheeto Benito than anything she actually used.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I made an (in hindsight) poorly made decision I would actually do stuff with democrats if Trump won. Damnit. Well I'm going to be the most vulgar annoying democrat ever, but I e-mailed my county's party asking what the gently caress I had to do to get rid of all the olds in the party

also anyone know who I need to e-mail in the WA state so I can yell at all those motherfuckers too? Their website is low info as possible it seems.

http://www.wa-democrats.org/about/board has the chair's email at least.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
poo poo a balanced budget amendment would be good for Republicans long term cause it'd make it harder for democrats to fund Fixing Things if/when they take back over.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah in fairness it's really more of a Palace Coup than a civil war. We were just... really EXPECTING there to be any resistance whatsoever you know?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

dookifex_maximus posted:

im sorry about quoting the whole OP but I wanted to read it without that idiotic tablebreaking line

You could've just clicked preview instead of actually replying with it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Zythrst posted:

I knew a guy who would bitch about unions and then take his crops down to the coop.

In fairness they mostly imagined "unions just exist to enrich the union boss" line really CAN'T apply to a coop.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Pretty amused about the article acting as if DWS also being a representative was what caused criticism of her tenure as chair.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think you'd be lucky to get a third of Gary Johnson's voters to vote Democratic.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"starve the beast" and "drain the swamp" have had good returns, in the "x the y" pattern i think it might be time for "eat the rich" to go mainstream.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
So since we're basically stuck with gerrymandering and voter suppression I was considering what blue states can do to make themselves more blue (which should help in the house a little bit.) People talk about making election day a national holiday but why not just have blue states make it a paid holiday for a cheesy boost to blue-voting demographics.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why are we changing from 'just shush about guns' to now being pro guns?

If we just shush about guns they'll think we're just biding our time until their guard is down so we can Finally Ban Guns Forever and frankly they'd probably be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hey can someone post horseshoe theory: C-Spam addition again? I need it elsewhere but it turns out I didn't save it like I thought I did.

• Locked thread