Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

readying myself for a John Stewart 2020 bid

Ah yes, Jon "gently caress OWS" "my brother runs the NYSE" Stewart will be our savior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

Al Franken 2020

How about we try someone other than a washed up unfunny has-been firmly planted in the establishment?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Princess Di posted:

I don't think they were particularly interested in staying in Washington. After all, look at everything they have been through.

Boo Hoo, I can't wait for that milquetoast motherfucker to get the gently caress out.

I'm sure he'll get a job at one of corporations he spent the past 8 years jerking off.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zikan posted:

post-presidency before the world got turned upside down, obama was making plans with eric holder to fight against gerrymandering and for voter access which will be important, especially in the age of voter suppression that the trump presidency will entail. that would be a good project to do where he can act as a leader without getting involved with the upcoming civil war

I'm so glad he was planning on waiting until after he stopped being the most powerful man in the world to try and do something

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

especially since al qaeda's on our payroll there

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Quick who has images of that inspirational hillary children's book

Edit: Nevermind, here it is

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I made the mistake of reading the comments and it made me hate liberals, what do I do

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol didn't matty yglesias study classics too

why do all these "wonks" have no actual training in appropriate disciplines

because they get jobs for saying what people want them to say and not because they have any idea what the gently caress they're talking about

also god forbid you actually do have training in an appropriate discipline and are forced to work with those fuckers

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Get voters to the MOSQUE, is that what you were going to say, Congressmen, or should I say, Congressmullah?

When I lived in Edinburgh there was a nearby mosque that served the most delicious food in the afternoon. I'd get to that mosque any day of the week. Maybe Americans would be less afraid of mosques if they all opened up an adjoining restaurant?

On the other hand, one of my colleagues was virulently right-wing and literally would cross the street to avoid walking on the same side as the mosque, and refused to join us for lunch there because he was afraid they would poison his food.

Now he works for the US government.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Unironically yes that would help.

Also, if the Muslims have some kind of special cartoon or video games, that would help relations too

I feel like they need to hire the right PR firm to make Islam hip and cool. I'm pretty sure theres a lot of unemployed creative types right now that could probably get to work on that.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Powercrazy posted:

Can someone give me an actual example of "social justice" that only Hillary supported and that is opposed by "Bernie bros"?

Every minority group should have an opportunity to oppress the poor

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Obama thought about shutting down Gitmo but then he realized it wouldn't end racism.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Question: can our colored shirts be flannel?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know it sounds like FAKE NEWS

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was under the impression that Nazi Germany's economic model was a lot like FDR. Big government spending and some social programs.

Nazi Germany's policies are whatever your opponent at the moment supports

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

don't you mean DONALD'S ego?

Hey guys I got a great idea lets call him Drumpf

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Really I think what's needed is a strong democratic voice to tell Republicans to CUT IT OUT (please, oh gosh it'd be really nice if you did but we'd understand if thats not possible, thanks for having the time to speak to us, I'll see you at the club this weekend?)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Those who do not support the abuela are unclean and contact should be kept to a minimum lest you are corrupted.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think the serious question we need to be asking of politicians is whether or not their policies will end the reptilian invasion?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If a man wants to hire prostitutes to piss in the president's bed who are we to judge him?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

So how do you explain that to the hotel staff on checkout? Or do you just say nothing and wait for the bill?

rich means never having to say you're sorry

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

Isn't Trump in more or less open war with the deep state right now?

I almost want Trump to win this fight

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hillary is still waiting on the latest polls before she leaves the woods

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

bernie aurait gagné

c'est vrai mon frere

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

This will never happen because the left doesn't vote lockstep like the right does, given the left's ability to think independently and achieve personal belief sets that haven't been delivered by Fox News/Breitbart.

I'm so glad that we can remain morally smug and superior while still getting our asses handed to us. It really shows how much better we are. We should all give ourselves another pat on the back.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

docbeard posted:

I'm looking forward to the many important things that will happen as a result of the DNC election such as

Trump's reelection in 2020

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Are we betting yet on how bad the democrats manage to lose in 2018 and 2020?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tonetta posted:

America... Bad?

Signs point to yes.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Tulsi good.

Democrats bad.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

also, i'm sure vietnamese children appreciate the work. i mean, they don't see any of the benefits since their parents practically sell them into slavery but work's work right? :shrug:

when I was a young economics student we'd literally be told poo poo like "see, normally they'd just be sex slaves, so really this is a godsend that we're saints for providing"

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary is just convincing everyone that they've failed her so that she can begin selling indulgences.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

anime was right posted:

oh yeah you can also now call chelsea out to condemn her parents on this in case you want her to lose an election i guess

Well theres our silver lining

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Turdfuzz posted:

has anybody considered incrementalism

Hillary felt like 4/5 of a person was much more reasonable, but full personhood would never come to pass

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

Trump being impeached would be a disaster for the GOP because Trump is a spite golem who would burn the house down around him

yeah you were saying that all through the primaries too and look how that turned out

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

All the Young Turks are pretty insufferable, especially how they always do the classic liberal screaming fit when they get upset.

Pretty much but I have a soft spot for Jimmy Dore. He's an idiot but his heart is in the right place and when he owns someone you get the extra satisfaction of knowing they are so poo poo even Jimmy Dore can dunk on them.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I still lol that England decided to elect Cameron and brexit because miliband couldn't eat a sandwich properly

also Milliband was about as authentic as Milli Vanilli

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bernie is like that one friend you have who stays over and tells you that you shouldn't have indentured servants

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You guys just don't get it, once they have all the political capital they'll

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
#resist unless its too hard, but hey have you heard about russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How many times are republicans going to yank the football away from the democrats before they learn.

Will they ever learn?

The democrats will compromise for absolutely nothing in return and then wonder why people are upset with them.

• Locked thread