Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly think the source of the polls coming up worthless was ~10,000,000 people classified as Likely Voters that have voted in every presidential election of their life-- except this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for posterity, a la the DnD political cartoon thread:

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Every incestuous, mongrel dipshit hayseed buttfuck crawled out of their rotting logs out in the holler and stumbled to the polls and we had to count their loving votes and they won. And they didn't vote because trump is going to make their lives better, but because trump is going to make brown peoples' lives worse than their own, and pettiness forms a great chunk of the seething obsidian morass that one could generously describe as their spirit.

nice

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He is the toilet

"out in the holler."

Jesus Christ.

I haven't heard that phrase since my family got a bunch of Jeff Foxworthy recordings off of Napster. He is so goddamn pissed that someone who lives out in the holler had the sheer indecency to vote.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Five_of_the_United_States_Constitution

They only need 2/3rds of the states to propose new amendments, but they need 3/4 of the state legislatures to actually ratify them. That means 38. They'll have majorities in both houses in 32 states next year.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a copy of Mein Kempf so that I can go "You know who else said X?" in as many ways as possible. I also bought a tub of vaseline at the same time because I hope that the poor Amazon warehouse worker showed the order to his coworkers before boxing it and they all had a good, sad laugh.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

Duke Nukem promoted rape culture and toxic masculinity

the 90's were a happier time

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

personally, it's when rich people try to use minority rights as a way to push focus away from economic issues that gets me down ("but would it solve racism?" "given a lot of minorities had their homes fraudulently foreclosed on, actually, yeah.")

Would it solve racism?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i appreciated seeing this

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UHD posted:

what do you expect them to do exactly

suck less for the last 10 years

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh Snapple! posted:

Like in general lol at saying race relations have been steadily improving when the last several years have been marked by black men, women, and children being murdered on the reg and with absolute loving impunity.

and rodney king was a fluke?

people are paying attention when this stuff happens now. it's not a triumph, but it's an improvement

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

uh, it's being reported on sure. but when i brought up the trayvon martin case a bunch after he got murdered in cold blood, the big thing i heard from my white friends was "why do you care about that trayvon martin case so much? :shrug:"

i mean yes, we've literally improved from pretending racism's not-real anymore. that's not much of an improvement at all though, especially when you get situations like black football players getting blacklisted cause they took a knee during the pledge

my parents thought the response to michael brown was nonsense

later the next year, my mom solemnly listened when I told her about Tamir Rice and we talked about what rules we should be holding police to.

are you really expecting everything to get all the way better all at once?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Are you saying they'd be more successful if they weren't pro-choice?

he's saying the non-republicans are gonna have to suck it up and play ball with satan and quit acting like having perfect opinions equals winning poo poo

well at least i'm saying that.

and also that they are letting hillary ooze right back into a rerun of 2016 unopposed

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

I guess they didn't know that Dread Abuela actually planned send only 1% of the campaign contributions to down ticket races.

I think another reason why she lost is spent so much time shaking people down for campaign money and not enough time doing actual campaigning.

i recall posters making the argument that raising even more money was a better course of action than campaigning

i think it was something along the lines of her having it in the bag and how all that fundraising would help overwhelm the downticket

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hornet means bigass wasp

you dont deserve that avatar

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/radixcc/status/872339671325585408

https://twitter.com/radixcc/status/872339496544731136

oh my god conservatives getting to act all smug about "of course the Democrats defend slavery!" is going to be loving insufferable

if it gets hillart to melt down once and for all, it will be worth every penny

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

need to call it Capital Liberalism at this point clearly because this sounds awfully aligned with its exploitative nature

and it happened in the capital

:nod:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

to be fair, if an anarcho-capitalist paid me a complement for something i had done, i would spend a few of nights of introspection and self-assessment to make sure i was really doing the right thing.

have you ever watched a youtube video, loved it, and scrolled down to the comments to see dozens of pony avatars

i have

im sad all the time

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

GOP ideology is "literally kill people to finance a tax break"

you'd think that would be easy to run against I dunno

they don't kill the people, God does

they just pull out the tax dollars standing in His path

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, nobody under the age of 40 would actually read that book, and of the people who did they either completely forgot about it or don't see the problem with prison labor in the first place.

For a while I followed this blog dedicated to summarizing news, and he took it on himself to read every book with Clinton's name on it to try and give his readers an idea of who Hillary herself would like them to think she is.

Never mentioned a thing about that passage.

i don't follow that blog anymore

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

yeah, but did bill clinton rape his slaves?

.... I just made myself sad :(

you should have already been sad

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rudatron posted:

The illusive Ron Paul voter makes their entrance

elusive

she eludes things

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

Oliver was on Howard Stern when he had just left and he explained that he took with him the head writer from the Daily Show and Samantha Bee took some other people with her. It seems like she got the really snarky smug writers and Oliver got the researcher/pun guys.

him turning toward the graphic and fiercely admonishing it got old after 2 videos

he does it every 4 minutes on the show

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Concerned Citizen posted:

don't slander me, i love puppies

are you saying we should euth all sweet old grey muzzled dogs then

you are filth

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CC, how do you respond to the allegations that you hate all elderly dogs?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

whats the bucket an euphemism for in this escapade in the DNC bathroom last year wrt to your STD

CC got an STD from the DNC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

oh man that would have been some awesome not mattering

that avatar has had a really positive effect on you

• Locked thread