Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

MaxxBot posted:

I apologize if this has been rehashed many times but I need some better explanation of this.

IA 2012

IA 2016

So far people have said "white people" but Iowa isn't a rust belt state and is relatively educated, and that is a HUGE difference. The state went from Dem +6 to Rep +10 in the course of one election, that's a loving huge swing.

nearly 175,000 fewer voted for hillary than voted for obama, which basically explains the swing

trump by comparison picked up 60,000 voters over romney, and still had 30,000 fewer than obama. accounting for third party candidates that means that around a hundred thousand 2012 voters simply didn't turn out for 2016, and those that did turn out were mostly republican voters.

nah thanks has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Larry Parrish posted:

Abandon the festering corpse of neoliberalism and support the PSL folks

pumpkin spice latte?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Lastgirl posted:

That is actually a good suggestion, I will talk to the mods about that too!

Please do take care of your mental health, it's just as important as physical health!

e: Ed Balls

wait is c spam not sticking around? that'd be a shame, because d&d is bad these days, and c spam is good.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

loving really? Government run plants to build solar panels and windmills, or government run research labs and local clinics are gonna be asbestos filled hellholes? That's your loving retort to the federal government giving shat on poor people jobs?

These people don't want a slightly larger check to spend at Walmart #7918. They want a job they feel proud of, and they want to spend their paychecks at local businesses. Liberals have a giant list of things they want done from climate change action to research to improved healthcare. So why the gently caress shouldn't we slap a giant government facility into every one of these desperate counties to make massive amounts of jobs and do some loving good for mankind at the same time?

Realposting: this is literally the New Deal, and it's a fabulous idea for a ton of reasons.

These voters have legitimately been left behind by their party - this is the sort of thing the Dems should have been doing all along. It's too bad that this election is what it took to wake everyone up to that reality, but it's never too late to start, and the Republicans sure as heck aren't going to create these sorts of jobs or do this sort of good for people (and the economy at large).

nah thanks has issued a correction as of 18:43 on Nov 11, 2016

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Hey also the "lol Venom Snake is only 20!" comments are dumb and bad because he is legit trying to figure things out. The whole reason we're in this mess is because the Democrats have been sneering at people we view as "below" us. Yes absolutely fight like hell to convince people of your ideas but stop loving writing people off because they're this or they're that.

he's only 20?

venom snake is a pretty mature seeming dude for 20 and posting on an internet comedy forum. cool, and whether you agree with him or not, at least he's trying.

nah thanks has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Nov 11, 2016

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

GlyphGryph posted:

The DNC Chair Election: How you can get involved

I put the info post about the DNC chair in a slightly more shareable form as a quick webpage.

I'm sure there's a better way to do this, since that will die under any kind of heavy load, but I figure I'll do what I can to help and it at least lets me get the words out to my facebook friends and poo poo.

Thank you guys for putting this together. Maybe we can get it in the OP?

nah thanks has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Nov 11, 2016

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

loquacius posted:

Come to Boston nobody actually has the accent

*leans into microphone*

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Fiction posted:

Does the government have the power to institute land reform so that small farmers can own their own farmland without the need for subsidies?

How do you mean?

Without totally understanding the question, the answer is probably: local/State government yes, Federal government no.

• Locked thread