Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hillary Clinton needed some hypno-therapy from Revolver Ocelot to make her believe that she was, in fact, Bernie Sanders.

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone could hope to reform the Democratic Party or pivot it within the next four years, whether you supported Clinton or not. I haven't been in CSPAM since the primaries were over and expected this place to be rubble today. But given the deep structural rot of both parties, it seems like agitating for election reform is more worth your while than putting a fresh suit on the Walbochia-infested corpse that is the Democratic Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

political correctness did not elect trump. the democratic party and especially the hillary campaign ignoring the economic concerns of the American working class, both white and minorities, did

I still remember the TVIV-style primary debate threads here and laughing my rear end off when Clinton opened one with "most Americans aren't concerned with economics" or something, this coming from someone with a net worth of $300 million. The Democratic Party absolutely deserved this because of their myopia and in how they colluded to gently caress the populist candidate who actually energized the party base, independent voters, and young people. They deserve to be utterly discredited.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mutant Standard posted:

So why did he step down? I was told it was due to him not playing well with the blue dogs.

Didn't he just chase pharma money for a lobbying firm and that's why he shat on Sanders for advocating UHC in the primaries? Like, was it an amicable separation so he could lobby, or did lobbying come after the fact?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

loquacius posted:

SEE: the Goldman Sachs speeches, by the time they were leaked the specter of Trump had eradicated all dissent on the left, and the right honestly didn't give a poo poo about the speeches, so therefore the speeches were nothing special, the fact that reading them made me want to puke notwithstanding

...these were leaked? I admit, I was thoroughly in "gently caress this poo poo I'm working out and drinking until election day" territory once the democratic primaries were over.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Jesus christ if even a third of this is true then lmao at anyone who decided to support and/or vote for this person

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, but this guy understands messaging better than anyone in the DNC or Clinton's campaign. One of the only silver linings for me right now is that he's probably one of the most popular politicians in America and he's got a lot of clout right now.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

menino posted:

Bernie's value is that he validates this feeling: You hate your rear end in a top hat boss? That's OK, he's a loving rear end in a top hat.

There are simply not enough Type A Lisa Simpsons in the managerial class to get 65 mm votes + in 2020. Gotta get somebody who makes you feel OK about feeling like your boss is an rear end in a top hat.

Is this stupid and overly reliant on identity? Of course, but that's a reality. Liberals have kept selling us victims, without naming victimizers.

Bernie's migrant job ad ends with him saying in voiceover "Who benefits from this exploitation?" Not naming names, but implying: there is a villain here.

quote:

Roosevelt excelled in evoking the hatred of the privileged and the admiration of ordinary Americans. During the Depression, a North Carolina farmer declared, in all sincerity, "I’m proud of our United States, and every time I hear the 'Star Spangled Banner' I feel a lump in my throat. There ain’t no other nation in the world that would have sense enough to think of WPA and all the other A’s..."

A North Carolina mill worker was pungent in his praise: "Mr. Roosevelt is the only man we ever had in the White House who would understand that my boss is a son-of-a-bitch.”

I think anger can be a good motivator sometimes, in the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore" sense. Social Security's genesis was one man being enraged at seeing two old women pick through garbage cans near his house. He just couldn't stand to live in a country where such a thing could happen. I do think the DNC needs to tap into that sense of anger felt by disaffected working class people of all stripes and channel it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Is it bad that I thought this was real before clicking the link?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hey remember when Sanders coauthored an amendment to allow for importation of affordable prescription drugs from Canada and the amendment failed to pass by 7 votes and Corey Booker and a dozen other Democrats voted against it?

Good poo poo and a good start to a 2020 hearts and minds campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol if you voted for Clinton in the general and didn't live in a swing state

Double lol if you voted for Clinton in the primary

Remember when her campaign didn't think the governor of Michigan should resign over Flint but then in the Flint debate when Sanders opened with "this fucker needs to resign now" she had a robotic and pandering "Amen to that!" to the black pissed off audience?

Lmao

• Locked thread