Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I think the most important thing that we can do at this point is take advantage of this defeat and push the democratic party toward the left. Right now there is a power vacuum at the top, and if they right people move to fill it, we can probably push forward in 2018, and hopefully take something back by 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

It was a very good post. Thank you for posting it :glomp:

People like you give me hope!

Are we as a forum going to do anything? I know something awful has historically been a source for a lot of old memes and we still are from time to time, maybe its time we put that power to good use? I don't know.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

I think he could if he ran with a clear, decent pick for VP in mind. A Bernie/Warren ticket would pretty easily calm fears about him dying in office, wouldn't it? It's like, worst case scenario you get the first woman president.

Oh, he done hosed up, and a ton of his supporters hosed up getting his message out too. I find it hard to blame him too much though - he was a goddamn independent running in the Dem primary who clearly before this election never had any intent for running for President. We shouldn't have needed him, and I think he did well considering the circumstances.

All that said, I'm not sure he should run again. I think if he's willing to take a leadership role these next four years we can find someone that's even better instead of relying on a candidate who lost a primary 4 years previously, and I think he'd probably be all for doing exactly that.

I seriously hope Bernie and supporters are willing and able to wrestle control of the party away from the Clintonites that have turned it into republican lite, and yeah, they're going to need a new candidate with the same fire and passion as Bernie, but hopefully at a much younger age.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't have a particular opinion on Dean as chair but I'm not sure if committing resources to Oklahoma and Kentucky is going to pay dividends in the short, mid, or even long term.

As someone who lives in Kentucky, I can tell you that it was only this election that finally knocked Dems out of the majority in the state house. Kentucky is ripe for local democrats, we just have to make sure they aren't identified with Hillary and her ilk.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

This video just popped up on my facebook and it seems to be gaining traction with both sides of the isle. I thought you all might like it.
https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/598130190359668/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

i only voted for hillary in the election cause she wasn't trump. i was fine supporting the rest of the dems in the downticket tho. also i cant do research cause im a dumb fuckbaby

also today i learned that local democratic party meetings are basically impossible to find in massachusetts idk???????? this party is a joke

Yeah it seems like the local level democratic party is non-existent here in Kentucky too.

• Locked thread