Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
new thread with a new OP

I'm scared

hold me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
if we're talking albums that came out this year i think the only one i've listened to more than like 3 times is bottomless pit. so i guess that one for me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

OK, now this place is starting to feel like home.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh right, what were parallax's gifs from? The witchy one was super cute.

c'mon man, sound euphonium!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ahahahahahahahaha Hibiki straight jacking Maria's Gungnir suit straight off of her back.:allears:

Hibiki is so so so good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
the poll doesn't have a Nico/idol option, or even a "cute things" option

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I hate change

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

dogsicle posted:

c'mon man, sound euphonium!!

Parallax hasn't posted any gifs tho :psyduck:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Jostiband posted:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

i know people kinda tune out retrowave stuff now but check out this magic sword track form this year, its pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLzYAteddO0

Yeah this is a good track, in general this year I burnt out hard on the 80s sound

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Until a friend hooked me up with this and now I'm hooked again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46m8f8YXwG0

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh man this Ensemble Song in Symphogear G's finale.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jostiband posted:

what the-
who are you and what have you don with jostiband?! he would never post in a current chat thread without having read the entire previous one(s)!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Finished Symphogear G. That was really good. Straight upgrade on the original in nearly every regard, IMO. The only complaint is I felt like the 'villains' were a bit messy this time around. The gear wielders are all good enough characters, but I only briefly took Maria seriously as a threat or felt like I could pretend that I didn't already know she joins the team for GX, and I never took Kirika and Shirabe seriously as threats. I mean, look at them, they're adorable, and they never even scratch our heroes. Then Mom is just kinda boring, and Ver doesn't have all that much going on besides WHEEEEEEE CRAZY LOOK AT MY loving FACE, and the whole plan just feels kind of haphazard and ill-explained at points.

That's all nitpicking though, because you're not watching Symphogear for well written and deeply thought out textual narratives - you're watching it because you want to watch a gay-as-hell J-Pop Opera with awesome fight scenes, great music, and likable fighters, and G delivers that in spades. The fights are great, the choreography is consistently really good, the sound design almost always gives each blow exactly the right amount of heft, the songs are excellent, the couples are adorable and (in their melodramatic and scenery-devouring way) understandable, and while the reliance on big end-of-episode cliffhangers gets a little predictable at points, those are still some drat good cliffhangers. If Symphogear's first season was a B+ in my book, G's an A. Looking forward to starting GX tomorrow.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 10, 2016

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I read all of the chat thread and then I didn't want to read the chat thread ever again :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

https://u.nya.is/krpshl.webm

There are some very cute characters in Shokugeki no Soma

most of them, even.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FREQUENTLY ANIME THIS

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

I hate change

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
tfw you're looking at pokemon leaks and the one you thought was cool evolves into purestrain furry bait.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

fuepi posted:

tfw you're looking at pokemon leaks and the one you thought was cool evolves into purestrain furry bait.

:melter:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
tfw you're so obsessed with what other people are jerking off to that you see sexualised animals in a loving kids game

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
What's the new image host people are using instead of imgur? Not a fan of their interface changes - it feels like every image host eventually forgets why people wanted to use it in the first place.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

What's the new image host people are using instead of imgur? Not a fan of their interface changes - it feels like every image host eventually forgets why people wanted to use it in the first place.

A lot of people here use various pomf iterations

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you want a good poster like me to see your images I would advise against them though, as my work blocks them

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10 posted:

https://cuntflaps.me/

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fuepi posted:

i'm gonna guess litten

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

wheres the lewds option in the poll

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RME posted:

wheres the lewds option in the poll

selfie's right there, friend :wink:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna guess litten

Salandit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not from this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeV8bp6sT8

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
At least they finally put in a good poison type that I can really put my foot behind.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Knorth posted:

tfw you're so obsessed with what other people are jerking off to that you see sexualised animals in a loving kids game

So that's why people like mimikyu

• Locked thread