Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sharkopath posted:

Hope springs eternal though for me because I see this as a single step backwards, not a tremendous fall for the nation. All progress is going to have to be hard fought again and hopefully this loss and the arrogant braying of prideful bigots as they overplay their hand will remind people why it is worth fighting for.

thank you brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
hey goons

just finished valhalla, made up with gaby

this is a pretty effective game. characters are p cool

alma best girl, jamie best boy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
like jill, i sort of drifted through my life doing what was expected of me

unlike her, i decided to land a good job as a researcher, but like her, wonder how much of a fuckup i really am

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

chumbler posted:

Actually best girl is Sei and best boy is Fuckboy.

And of course best boss is Boss.

yes, sei and boss also own bones

fuckboy is too much of a scrub imo

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
nothing like knocking back a beer while serving virtual drinks in a cyberpunk bar

ill get the rest of the endings on NG+ tomorrow night or something

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i think ill just youtube that one

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Everything Burrito posted:

late but lmao at that cat armor

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Julias posted:

It's fair not to like Undertail.

It's also fair to not like Super Mario Bros, Link to the Past, Pokémon, Super Metroid, Call of Duty, Titanfall2, Half-life 2, Halo, Banjo Kazooie, Rez, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fasntasy VII, Kindred Spirits, Kirby 64, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Rayman 2, Wii Sports, Zack and Wiki, WWE2K17, Superman64, Castlevania, Etrian Odyssey, Touhou, Digimon World, Suikoden, Timespliters2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Left4Dead, Higurashi, Samurai Warriors, Patapon, Picross, Candy Crush, Granblue, Idolm@ster, Megaman 2, Street Fighter 5, Tekken 5, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Earth Defense Force 4.1, Wizardry, Earthworm Jim, FEAR, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

ban

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

finished valhalla again, got last few endings. i think im satisfied

also super excited stella owns, i hope she and sei will be happy together

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
anime game chat time!

just finished mute route of hate plus. welp. it's rather... relevant this year. the story of the neoconfucian revolution reminds me of a robert toplin's point that conservatism isnt actually conservative, but is actually a radical ideology designed to reshape society towards a mythical goal. in this case, a society with sharp class divides and limited franchise was transformed into joseon-era neoconfucianism. god knows what would have happened if cruz won. at least the right seems too divided to this pull poo poo of right now

the press emphasizes the women's rights theme, but there's a strong economic theme. the pre-neoconfucianism steadily stripped economic and political rights from commoners, until everyone was destitute and illiterate and even locked out of the ship's computers. all progress was halted, science and engineering was crippled so no new knowledge could be made. their destruction was inevitable, if it wasnt an angry girl despondent at her mortality and abuse, it would have been a peasant uprising or some internal palace coup that would have vented the entire ship, or the cosmic ray bombardment would have dropped the birthrate to below-replacement

fortunately, by all indications trump is a total idiot who won't consolidate all power into himself anywhere near as effectively as ryu. i hope

so let us work to safeguard a future that can equitably share knowledge and resources amongst all individuals, so to build a more robust society that face the entropy of the universe

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Namtab posted:

Dumb this down!

no *does ollie, kickflips off ur forehead*

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Finished hyun-ae and harem routes of Hate Plus. It's not as poignant as the Mute route.

Still one unanswered question. just how did Hyun-ae jump from the physical form to the digital form? Was she uploaded upon death? Or was her upload set into motion by her father, the first engineer of the ship? I figure in either scenario, she was based on *Mute, but the personality and directives and memories were stripped out and replaced with Hyun-ae's.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
katyusha is bad 2 da bone

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
To commemorate the Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 that's coming out in a month or so, I've started watching Rozen Maiden 2013.

Ep1 was all over the place, but Ep2 hit some strong emotional notes.

And it totally looks like a Shinichi Omata/Deen show, the guy really has a distinct style in snappy cuts to close-ups, little naturalistic motions, and simplistic shading. Also, people should also watch Sankarea (don't read the manga).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lelouch is both dead and alive at the same time

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
yeh you cant really make a sequel without pissing all over lelouch's sacrifice

or conceding that suzaku is so incompetent that the world goes to poo poo after he takes responsibility for the world

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
just finished reading world end economica 2. im glad that the outcome i was most scared of (getting shot down after flying around the moon's surface) didnt occur

i still dont trust barton. but it does give me hope that we can cut through the post-truth lies and slay the monsters that are trying to strangle the world

also, hasekura is really good at writing girls that have razor sharp opinions on business

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i finished the rozen maiden 2013 anime and it was pretty effective even if i havent seen any of the rest of the rozen maiden series. i suppose its because its really about millenial anxiety about college and employment and finding a place in the world, while its weakest bits about the magical fights between the characters

only reason i watched it was because im a huge fan of the director's other works, like sankarea and rakugo shinjuu. and im glad

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 3, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
cool shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu got licensed in the west as well

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
you should watch a good show, like symphogear

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
or cross ange

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

lmao

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xinder posted:

Sure don't. And nobody has access to my keys but me. Further, nobody I know is good enough at driving my truck to manage to put it back where it was as nicely as I had it parked.

So unless there was some really skilled carjacker who managed to hotwire my truck, get in an accident that has no visible damage, then park it back perfectly, I'm pretty sure I have zero involvement in this.

the proper response is to scream into the phone that they should go gently caress themselves because this scam isnt working

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

i found a plateau between late teens and mid 20s where my baby fat disappeared and my metabolism went ridic

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
merry christmas chat thread

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

ファイヤーファイヤー

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

noein's a cool show

also it made me fall in love with hakodate

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Plutonis posted:

lol cool i had no idea they were making a ks to translate Dies Irae aka the chuuniest loving VN ever made

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences

*posts 5000 word essay that the nazis did nothing wrong on official forums*

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ahem. the nazis did nothing wrong

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i didnt really like the end of sidonia because they resolved the conflict through killing everything in their path, when it seemed for the longest time that the moral arc of the series was evolvint towards a posthumanism that could coexist with the gauna

but then that niche became occupied by an insane scientist stereotype and after killing him everyone settles down to living an idyllic life at the bottom of a gravity well

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

catgirls > nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

chumbler posted:

What if all the nekoparas are secretly nazis?

• Locked thread