Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

the postcard memory technique always makes me hype. I love Dezaki and I'm going to watch his insane Moby Dick anime

Dezaki ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Imagine middle school kids turning on the newest season of Pokemon only to find that it's just Ash and Brock for the next few years.

Good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

pootelier

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Skate is my friend and is gonna make a comeback someday

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

if you want skate to come back you have to defeat the various fiends and collect a large amount of orbs

Very well

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

I'd fund the sequel.

We don't need it!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The only time I'd accept an Imagawa Giant Robo sequel is if the money could be used to fund a time machine, so that the sequel is created in the 90s.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm assuming that snail means more of the tv series they made like a decade after the original OVA, so he's under my protection

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Alternate take:

homeless snail posted:

the anime billionaire that everyone celebrates at first but turns on after he funds 5 seasons in a row of dirty pair flash

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

:q:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

imagine how bad an anime subforum would be

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I can defienitely imagine being people who are too big pussies to post on the toonami thread here to not mingle with the locals

The adult swim/toonami thread used to be in tviv, tho plenty of folks just stick to that thread on don't venture anywhere else in adtrw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

i cant believe it got condemned to the anime ghetto...

baal did it, in his dying breath

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

ibo loving sucks and i'd rather watch aldnoah zero again or dunk my head in a toilet or something equally interesting

I'm gonna dunk your head in a toilet to save you from those worse outcomes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've fallen into the old anime well and I'm content, to stay down here

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Like (insert crafting game of your choice) I hollowed out the bottom and turned it into a sweet underground home

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

It's hosed up how while their mom went insane and their family got torn apart, their dad, which everyone assumed disappeared forever in a horrible dimensional experiment accident is actually chilling in the poke pelago eating beans all day

F

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

p-pokemon spoilers?!

expandingyikesguy.gif

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Even without the P&S team being around at Gainax I think if they made a new series it'd be more interesting than nearly everything they've done since then. Probably.

Hopefully.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Flip my rear end

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sharktamer posted:

Is Masaki Yuasa working on anything?

Yeah he has been working on a movie. No idea when it's gonna be out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm with sharko on this issue

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

keijo, senran kagura, hyperdimension neptunia, dead or alive xtreme beach volley ball... where would we be without any of these things

A better world :q:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm just trying to say that just because someone has the same hobby as you, doesn't mean dating or getting to the point of dating is actually any easier.

Heck if anything having separate hobbies makes it easier

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

watching Lupin stuff from the late 80s/early 90s always give me a weird feeling of nostalgia just because TMS worked on so many americans cartoons during the same time that it feels like the styles started to bleed over

TMS ftw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't want new Geass for similar reasons for why I don't want more Giant Robo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

if the patlabor reboot is good then i wouldn't be against having more giant robo

i also wouldn't be against having more giant robo if the patlabor reboot is bad

I find both Giant Robo and Geass to be series that feel defined by the decade they're in, so if new versions/sequels/whatever try to recapture that then it makes me real skeptical!

There are plenty of old things that I'd want to see rebooted but not those.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm happy with what we have of Giant Robo. The fact it just sort of begins and ends as a small part of a larger story is really cool

Yeah that too

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

venture bros ftw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm halfway through Touch

Everyone give me your power so I can finish it before 2017, tia

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Big flowers

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I want you all to know that this popular thing? Yeah, I'm not gonna experience it at all

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The episode of Touch I watched this morning was an episode where cellphones would have solved everything

I unironically love those kinds of episodes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Who cares, answer the important question. Does Punch ever get laid.

Not yet but they adopted two puppies that look like him so now he's a dad dog. Maybe that will help.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The poodle that Punch wanted to gently caress belonged to some con artists and they peaced out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

evangelion

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heck I'd say Eva is the least draining experience out of those three shows

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'd say the opposite.

My rationale is while all three are good choices, Eva has the most human element to it. Meanwhile GITS (especially SAC) can get weighed down with technobabble, and Madoka has, well, Urobuchi being Urobuchi with regards to character writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A lot of the fun of the OVA boom was just seeing a little piece of something bigger, done in a way that looked better than a tv series would

• Locked thread