Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm here to nominate another best boy: yuri katsuki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the specter of offsite drama

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well this sure is a show

https://u.nya.is/dbwpck.mp4

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

god drat that was a good episode of eupho. almost everything i had wanted since s2 started in a nice little package

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh right, what were parallax's gifs from? The witchy one was super cute.

c'mon man, sound euphonium!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jostiband posted:

Parallax hasn't posted any gifs tho :psyduck:

what the-
who are you and what have you don with jostiband?! he would never post in a current chat thread without having read the entire previous one(s)!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fuepi posted:

tfw you're looking at pokemon leaks and the one you thought was cool evolves into purestrain furry bait.

i'm gonna guess litten

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fuepi posted:

Salandit.

oh, scalies. i still think incineroar is worse

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Argona posted:

whats the catchiest op of the season (ed is flip flap ofc)

all of them

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't be in a group with ranta

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if anyone wants to watch the good BL movie from this year, Doukyusei, we're watching it in 10 minutes here: http://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

ah crap I'd watch it with y'all but was going to bed early :(

it was amazing

doing some eps of angelic layer now if anybody wants in on that http://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

since y'all watched it last night that reminded me I needed to buy the Doukyusei bluray, I downloaded it a while back but meant to actually get the real thing once it came out. I haven't bought any shows or movies in a long time and I forgot how expensive that poo poo is D:

tbf that one was licensed by one of the expensive companies. that or it only has the edition with all the extras

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my favorite soul eater characters all died or were driven insane, except for kim diehl

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i'm going to play the epic gbc mega man titles, Mega Man XTREME

i had that as a kid, but couldn't beat the spider boss

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

i refreshed the page and pomf.is turned into nya.is

now you can actually keep track of what you upload there without hoarding links in a text file or something

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

why would someone hoard their image links

i don't, but i assume there are people out there who do

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

time bokan is insane

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

I don't know what rakudai ninja rantarou is but I've decided it's good.

it's an epic comedy manga/anime that is constantly on tv. so of course, nobody has subbed it in english :rip:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

heybot is killing me with these old anime references

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's no single shot that matches heybot's, but it's a reference to the scene in the ex-yakuza's restaurant where he cries into an okonomiyaki about his dead cat (which is stuff and on display)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chie the brat (god i wish the tv series had subs...)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

other notable heybot references this ep: Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, Kamille's catchphrase, the countless others i probably missed

https://u.nya.is/jukjwf.webm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

y'all are dicks

GIS says pripara

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shinomiya is so moe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the movies and tv series are separate continuities, and you just watch them in production order (except for The New Movie, which is part of ARISE). ARISE is another continuity and you watch the four OVAs, then the final two episodes of the tv version and finally The New Movie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pokemon... spoilers?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the modest goal of having the best anime soundtrack all year

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good poo poo

https://u.nya.is/eqfgdv.webm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'll stand by tsuwabuki's duel theme as the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcNWusVxPjs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i watch anime sober because drinking makes me sleepy. doing so high would probably be fine, but i never got into it.

and for the time being i feel like Yuri's femininity is more of a comment on ice skating culture than transness, but i can see why that interpretation would be popular.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This episode of Lupin is a Pink Panther parody set in Greece, with a bumbling inspector that's not Zenigata (and also Zenigata), a stolen gem hidden in an ancient statue (that gets smashed), and a climactic trip to a nudist beach. It's good.

you're a Pink Panther parody set in Greece, with a bumbling inspector that's not Zenigata (and also Zenigata), a stolen gem hidden in an ancient statue (that gets smashed), and a climactic trip to a nudist beach

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

it's never bothered me but utenas the only one I picked up on so I probably need to watch more anime

given the sorts of tired references western animators usually drop, i feel like i'd notice and it's basically just utena and evangelion. i know the cat fingers episode is akira-ish but i'm not sure if they actually aped any cuts from it or not. anyway, the anime stuff isn't that intrusive imo, though it's definitely something that's really hit or miss. the call-out to utena seemed nice to me, while i rolled my eyes at the evangelion bit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

not actually sure what this has to do with pikotaro (ppap guy) but
https://twitter.com/tama_64/status/798690738649239552

it's the same format as a ppap lyric

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

i don't know why people get so weird over su referencing anime

artists reference stuff they like

i mean i can see why people do, but they're not great reasons since it's just being reactionary against cartoons/anime one way or the other.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

BEST SHIPS:
Saika x Yoshiteru

YES

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

here is my recommendation regarding stickies: unsticky the chat thread, because it's active enough to always be at the top anyway

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

This will gently caress with my forums muscle memory. I oppose this motion

why do you navigate adtrw through anything other than the control panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

To see if there are any interesting new threads posted.

i do that from time to time, it just seems easier to have a bunch of bookmarks that sort by which threads have unread posts

• Locked thread