Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Bloodborne I'm guessing because they probably keep dying.

yas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

it look like mario in the future. and its mario in a business suit and his hair dye orange and a tie on. and he just walk around jumpin and poo poo. but the funny part about it here is watch this poo poo you can do this whoooooop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let me just say that this is one of the worst games i have ever played.
All the reviews about this game say how wonderful it is "Oh it is a
classic even now!" well i got it for [...] and it was a total waste!
All the people who played this hunk of junk waaay back in 1998 were
just so distracted with the miracle of the joystick and the new 3D
look that they did not notice the slippy controls, the poor game play,
and the bad story line. I am very disaponted in this game.
My sugestion to YOU the reader is to avoid this game entierly.
get the legend of zelda ocarina of time insted.
PS. the worst game i have ever played is sonic heros.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Super Smash Bros.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dk64

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rare games are garbage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

MGS?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The PS1 controller only had a dpad.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Evil Eagle posted:

The PS1 controller only had a dpad.
Dual-Shock came out in 97/98

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Huh, never knew that. I didn't have a PS1 so I always played at my cousin's house.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

In Training posted:

Banjo Kazooie?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. The other one was Mario 64

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's tricky because they had the year wrong

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mysterious loyall X posted:

rare games are garbage

the one star was right

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's tricky because they had the year wrong

i worked it out before i got to your post because they talked about hte slippery controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story in this Mario game loving sucks!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

not a hard one but made me lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The story in this Mario game loving sucks!

he came to visit peach who had baked him a cake

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

P4G but I nearly posted that one myself lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

P4G but I nearly posted that one myself lol

hahahaha

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Warioware DS

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thief?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Worst strategy game I ever played
ByMaster Giffon March 28, 2009
Verified Purchase
While this is the first turn based strategy game I have played on computer, I have enjoyed games such as warcraft, starcraft, empire earth, warlords battlecry series and others. I was etremely disappointed when I started playing this game just to find out that on the easiest lvl I can't figure out how to win with any strategy. I dont care for wasting turns to build or research and it seems like half the game is just clicking the end turn button. Maybe I was not doing something right or maybe i'm just not good at turn based style games. but the bottom line is I would not recommend it for fans of real time stratedy. It's extremly restricting and I don't see how you can gain an advantage over your enemy if everyone has the same amount of turns. I also don't understand the fighting aspect of the game, it's takes alot of gold and time to build your army just to get it wiped out in the first scurmish and then you have absolutely no defences. I found the different characters on the playing board hard to find as they would stack and you had to mouse over and find the one you wanted from a small icon. When I bought this game I was assuming it would be more realistic and I had no idea that it is basically no more than a board game with A.I. If you are looking to play Risk buy this game but if you want Warcraft find something else.
I will continue to try and play it until I figure out how but it will prolly be the last turn based game I buy.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Verified Purchase
While this is the first turn based strategy game I have played on computer, I have enjoyed games such as warcraft, starcraft, empire earth, warlords battlecry series and others. I was etremely disappointed when I started playing this game just to find out that on the easiest lvl I can't figure out how to win with any strategy. I dont care for wasting turns to build or research and it seems like half the game is just clicking the end turn button. Maybe I was not doing something right or maybe i'm just not good at turn based style games. but the bottom line is I would not recommend it for fans of real time stratedy. It's extremly restricting and I don't see how you can gain an advantage over your enemy if everyone has the same amount of turns. I also don't understand the fighting aspect of the game, it's takes alot of gold and time to build your army just to get it wiped out in the first scurmish and then you have absolutely no defences. I found the different characters on the playing board hard to find as they would stack and you had to mouse over and find the one you wanted from a small icon. When I bought this game I was assuming it would be more realistic and I had no idea that it is basically no more than a board game with A.I. If you are looking to play Risk buy this game but if you want Warcraft find something else.
I will continue to try and play it until I figure out how but it will prolly be the last turn based game I buy.

civ IV

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I agree with this review

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

people who get rpgs and then complain about the level of reading required is one of my favourite forms of game review

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

people who get rpgs and then complain about the level of reading required is one of my favourite forms of game review

I don't need those shenanigans in my life.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

changing my answer to deus ex

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

LoZ:MM

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I found a good one, but he uses the name of the game, drat.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

changing my answer to deus ex

That's right

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Either Lightning Returns or FF13-2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Verified Purchase

Master Giffon is a loving God.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

oh wait I change my guess to Bravely Default.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED
ByMy Nameon January 31, 2013
Verified Purchase
This is an FPS with some of the worst programming I have ever seen. The controls are similar to most FPS games but have slight difference, which is extremely awkward for the hand, and you cannot reprogram the keys. A HUGE problem is that if you are too far from the enemies (like 20+ ft away), your bullets do not harm the enemies. Your crosshair still flashes red when over an enemy, but your weapons remain useless. Another flaw is that in some instances, the text stretches outside the dialogue box. It's pathetic. Horrible game. I quit playing less than 2 hours into it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Verified Purchase
This is an FPS with some of the worst programming I have ever seen. The controls are similar to most FPS games but have slight difference, which is extremely awkward for the hand, and you cannot reprogram the keys. A HUGE problem is that if you are too far from the enemies (like 20+ ft away), your bullets do not harm the enemies. Your crosshair still flashes red when over an enemy, but your weapons remain useless. Another flaw is that in some instances, the text stretches outside the dialogue box. It's pathetic. Horrible game. I quit playing less than 2 hours into it.

Duke Nukem Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Verified Purchase

Duke Nukem Forever

• Locked thread