Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
1.0 out of 5 starsWay way way way too difficult.
ByMatthew Gormanon April 21, 2007
Platform: PC|Verified Purchase
Like most games the difficulty level is absolutely ridiculous. Need a game that non experts can beat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star Fox 64

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ragg posted:

Like most games the difficulty level is absolutely ridiculous. Need a game that non experts can beat.

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Discusting
ByJoeon June 1, 2012
Verified Purchase
What a waste of time. Whats with all the dialog. What crap. There is more dialoge than fighting. Bioware should be ashamed for creating this garbage. Don't buy this game.
2 people found this helpful

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Discusting
ByJoeon June 1, 2012
Verified Purchase
What a waste of time. Whats with all the dialog. What crap. There is more dialoge than fighting. Bioware should be ashamed for creating this garbage. Don't buy this game.
2 people found this helpful

one oif the dragon ages, maybe 2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Star Fox 64
nope.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

new super mario borthers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

new super mario borthers
that's the one

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 18, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It would be deserving.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's Origins, but yeah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My guess is that Ragg's are that Space game he likes that I forgot the name of, and one of the old Xcoms.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And uhhh Alpha Protocol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait not AP, I meant one of the Ultimas.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Origin one could be anything but yeah probably Ultima

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ragg posted:

1.0 out of 5 starsOver rated and over priced
By William Blundell on January 23, 2009
This game only works on Windows 95 or 98. It does not install on Windows XP or Vista. I did locate an old computer running Windows 95. The game is not much fun. No graphics just typed feedback. What a drag.
This could be king of dragon pass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg Lore is way too widespread and strong. Those reviews could be any 90s game ever, but it's Ragg so actually, they couldn't.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol again at someone getting a windows 95 pc in 2009 to play a game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol again at someone getting a windows 95 pc in 2009 to play a game

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was thinking about the The Sims review I found where he complained about the clown and the stove catching on fire a lot the past week, and the one about how instead of Super Mario Maker they sent him a rewritable DVD.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

KoDP is the only semi well known Windows 95/98 game I can think of that's mostly static text and was really expensive until GOG came arund but I've been wrong before

Though it's really easy to tweak it into working on XP lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I was thinking about the The Sims review I found where he complained about the clown and the stove catching on fire a lot the past week, and the one about how instead of Super Mario Maker they sent him a rewritable DVD.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

losing my faith in ******* games
By dredgethesoul on June 4, 2016
Verified Purchase
okay so the frirst game got sent without an activation code., but thats not the bad part. If you have a computer thats less than 7 years old , it probably won't work. The game has issues with duel proccessing chips. It will install but it just wont play. i tried playing it in win 98, millenium, xp and every mode available. None of them worked.I sure hope they come out with a version that works on new computers. EA you need to get your crap together and find a way to make it work..like a patch. and another thing, people want stand alone games , not steam activated. you can get a copy through steam, but I dont know if it will work or not. Some of us prefer old fashion activation codes that worked on our own hard copy of the game, without the need to be online.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

losing my faith in ******* games
By dredgethesoul on June 4, 2016
Verified Purchase
okay so the frirst game got sent without an activation code., but thats not the bad part. If you have a computer thats less than 7 years old , it probably won't work. The game has issues with duel proccessing chips. It will install but it just wont play. i tried playing it in win 98, millenium, xp and every mode available. None of them worked.I sure hope they come out with a version that works on new computers. EA you need to get your crap together and find a way to make it work..like a patch. and another thing, people want stand alone games , not steam activated. you can get a copy through steam, but I dont know if it will work or not. Some of us prefer old fashion activation codes that worked on our own hard copy of the game, without the need to be online.

The beginning and EA made me think it was maybe a Sim-something or even perhaps Spore but then the end made me think it was Counter Strike and the guy just doesn't know what company he's talking about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The beginning and EA made me think it was maybe a Sim-something or even perhaps Spore but then the end made me think it was Counter Strike and the guy just doesn't know what company he's talking about.

It was Sim City 4, but thank you for mentioning spore because boy there's a lot of 1 star reviews for that game

"I can't give it zero stars. This game is worthless. I may as well have put cheese in my disk drive and tried to play it. It sets up and then there is nothing. Not even a start screen."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Different game:

What is wrong with the once greatly respected "***** Games"??!!
By V. Godfreyon October 10, 2013
Verified Purchase
This is absolutely the worst game I have ever played. Even on the so called " low difficulty setting", your character dies frequently with a single hit from an opponent...and this is just the "training phase"!! What good does it do, to include a strategy guide, when you cannot even get past the "training stage"...much less the game proper??!! I have been playing video games since the 8 bit days, and this is the most ridiculously unbalanced game I have ever seen. Even in games where you have to grind out levels just to advance a few steps further....you still don't die with one hit at the very beginning of the game. ***** is known for difficult games, but I have finished every title in the **** series prior to this one, and up until now...I have been an ardent admirer of their games.
I find the favorable reviews of this game to be quite unbelievable, and, short of using cheat codes, or replaying saves over and over, until they can get lucky and survive "one-hit-game-over kills" in the early going...the claims of being "almost finished" are just that...claims.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

It was Sim City 4, but thank you for mentioning spore because boy there's a lot of 1 star reviews for that game

"I can't give it zero stars. This game is worthless. I may as well have put cheese in my disk drive and tried to play it. It sets up and then there is nothing. Not even a start screen."

I did that one earlier. It was the one about the WHOPPING 1.2GB!! from the disgruntled grandparent reviewer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

you gave me a good idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

you gave me a good idea

GTAIV

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Leisure Suit Larry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I loved these games when they first came out and wanted to relive the experience. The price seemed fair so I ordered the set. There's only one problem and it's a huge, annoying one. As with the original releases, the game requires that you answer a few questions before the game will start. The first 5 questions attempt to find out if the player is over 18. They shouldn't present any problem for most people. But the 6th question is to find out if you've actually purchased the game or are using an illegal copy. Answering this question requires that you have the pamphlet that came with the original game. This pamphlet is not included in the new packaging. There is a copy of this pamphlet on the CD but it's a black and white PDF. Since many of the questions ask about the color of something in the pamphlet, this question can't be answered so you have to restart the game and keep trying until you get a question without a reference to color.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Leisure Suit Larry.

Dammit lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres a clue

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I loved these games when they first came out and wanted to relive the experience. The price seemed fair so I ordered the set. There's only one problem and it's a huge, annoying one. As with the original releases, the game requires that you answer a few questions before the game will start. The first 5 questions attempt to find out if the player is over 18. They shouldn't present any problem for most people. But the 6th question is to find out if you've actually purchased the game or are using an illegal copy. Answering this question requires that you have the pamphlet that came with the original game. This pamphlet is not included in the new packaging. There is a copy of this pamphlet on the CD but it's a black and white PDF. Since many of the questions ask about the color of something in the pamphlet, this question can't be answered so you have to restart the game and keep trying until you get a question without a reference to color.

lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

heres a clue

South Park the stick of truth. I just tried it the other day, massive farts everywhere

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

this is a real struggle i sympathize with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Okay I just remembered Ragg's game is called Star Control.

• Locked thread