Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah that one was pretty easy, I just thought nyc guy was epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

e: spoiler for the answer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is definitely RE4

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is definitely RE4

Yeah, I was torn between that review and

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well no one guessed it so my first one was Shadow of Chernobyl. I thought the funny bugs and the people who don't know how to shoot the guns would of given it away.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull posted:

This is epic but there's only a couple people I can think of whom would know.

This I thought trying to jack off would get but it's UT. The hint is the reviewer's name is Xaero Rulez.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Age of Empires?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

This I thought trying to jack off would get but it's UT. The hint is the reviewer's name is Xaero Rulez.

i didnt notice the username :doh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
agree with his policies or not, obama is objectively the coolest and funniest president in recent history. you know he's rolling into meetings 10 minutes late smelling like michelle's fine black muscular puss and cracking jokes and slinging high fives

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

agree with his policies or not, obama is objectively the coolest and funniest president in recent history. you know he's rolling into meetings 10 minutes late smelling like michelle's fine black muscular puss and cracking jokes and slinging high fives

One Star Post

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Bill Barber posted:

Bill Barber aka Coldplay Chiptunes

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ol yeller posted:

Bill Barber aka Coldplay Chiptunes
Yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

SupSuper posted:

Age of Empires?

Yeah

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Quest 64

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That would actually make sense. It's for Sleeping Dogs.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

guess the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pac Man Tournament Edition DX.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

that would also somewhat match killer7

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

gonna be a rebel and guess Ghost Trick

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

That would actually make sense. It's for Sleeping Dogs.

Jesus.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Rangpur posted:

gonna be a rebel and guess Ghost Trick

that's correct my pal

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

no they will not posted:

that's correct my pal

i knew it

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

i first began to suspect it when the review used the the word 'ghost'

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
imo a more important clue was this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't like playing games with the Move feature as it's nothing compared to the simplicity of Wii.Resident Evil 4 which Rocks!

By Mike on October 20, 2016
Verified Purchase
I am great with computers, but not a gamer. I wanted an upgrade from the Wii so I bought a PS3 along with the Move Controller/Stick with the ball at the end (PlayStation Move Motion Controller). I did not realize when using the move controller in some games you need the Move Navigation Controller as well, which is similar to the Wii's Nunchuk in that it controls you moving/walking/running, may also have other features or uses. For people who are not real gamer's the PS3 is a lot harder to use vs the Wii. Yes I am aware the PS3 has a larger selection of games, a lot better graphics along with a Blu-ray player, along with a whole list of other features, but Google PSN (PlayStation Network) prior to joining regarding Sony's security, and policies which to me are NOT consumer friendly. I wish they came out with a better updated Wii vs the one currently available. I liked the old controllers on the Wii much more so vs the new version. Also, the PS3 runs a LOT HOTTER vs the Wii, so make sure to have it in a very well ventilated area. I also did not know there was a stand available for my model, that the left size rubber tab pops out and I can screw in the console to make it more convenient a make it more space saving, plus I think it allows better ventilation .

Regarding a PS3 Navigation Control needed to play this game via Move (yes you can use the Rumble Controller, or play Non-Move way with the standard controller, but I wanted this game specifically for the Move). 2 1/2 hours of my life I will never get back. I am not a gamer, but still intelligent enough to to hook up the equipment, especially with Google and YouTube for resources. However, this would not work wirelessly!!!! First I fully charged the item, made sure to use the PS3 cable, held in the PS button on the Navigation Controller, the light would keep flashing again, if I held it in longer the red light would start flashing, then stop. the screen would pop up if I wanted to shut off either the controller or the system, the controller would work, but as soon as I disconnected it the red light went off, and it did not work. I tried reassigning the controller number, after redoing the above steps, a different USB Cable, the rest button on the controller, I then repeated the steps. As far a I am concerned this is nothing like the Wii. I understand much better graphics, but only for gamer's. I hate SONY, another company who does not care.

*I also did not read when it stated this Move compatible, that the Navigation controller was needed in addition to the Move controller.

Now I am out $29.99, and cannot stand Sony.

<<<<kinda tricky but not the problem I was expecting to read about when looking at this games reviews. I'll find a better one in a sec

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also lol at the Amazon page for the physical copy of MAG, it has like a 1.5 rating because the servers have been offline for years but you can still buy used discs for literal pennies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OK here's one:

The softest voice in the world
By Rhymoceros on January 4, 2014
Verified Purchase
So this huge giant guy comes out of the darkness to help some villagers, but then he opens his mouth and...he has the softest voice in the world. I didn't give this game a 1 star review because of that however. I wanted to put it down after I heard him speak, but I gave the game play a chance and continued, and continued and continued, until I just couldn't go any further. This game is like one giant intro., it never really seems to pick up, very simply, you go from point A to point B. I like dark fantasy and many of these characters were fantastic, including Gabriel (which they never explain why he's so huge by the way), but it never passes normal, never crosses into greatness. There is more scenery than actual freedom to move, which really got to me after a while, and the action was interrupted so often with completely unneeded puzzles that any fun was ripped away. Some of Gabriel's skills were needed just to solve puzzles, and although I'd complain about the same thing with God of War, sometimes developers go too far and just need to start labeling puzzle games instead of action/adventure, at least it seemed that...well, never mind, God of War gave me the same, 'geez, not another puzzle...' and 'great subtle way of filling in game play time with puzzles,'...and taking a pause in some button mashing, but honestly games are capable of being fun and challenging, like Bayonetta, however, REDACTED is not one of them. Gots me rambling I tell you. This game could have been spectacular.

It seems this title is trying to fit into a mold, that's the mistake, they needed to try something risky, something, anything different. It didn't, the graphics were not bad, but not good enough to keep me engaged. Imagine if the main character could have picked up various new armor upgrades or more than one weapon? I was dying to play the character with his hood up, shrouded in shadow, destroying enemies with no remorse, tearing through evil with a purpose, determined; instead I found an unmotivated hero dragging his feet looking for clues. Like a good book, not everything belongs to be told, skip riding a worg to find a way into the castle for crying out loud, provide something memorable, something unique. He kills a giant, then has trouble getting over an obstacle, doesn't make sense.

Could have been great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

OK here's one:

The softest voice in the world
By Rhymoceros on January 4, 2014
Verified Purchase
So this huge giant guy comes out of the darkness to help some villagers, but then he opens his mouth and...he has the softest voice in the world. I didn't give this game a 1 star review because of that however. I wanted to put it down after I heard him speak, but I gave the game play a chance and continued, and continued and continued, until I just couldn't go any further. This game is like one giant intro., it never really seems to pick up, very simply, you go from point A to point B. I like dark fantasy and many of these characters were fantastic, including Gabriel (which they never explain why he's so huge by the way), but it never passes normal, never crosses into greatness. There is more scenery than actual freedom to move, which really got to me after a while, and the action was interrupted so often with completely unneeded puzzles that any fun was ripped away. Some of Gabriel's skills were needed just to solve puzzles, and although I'd complain about the same thing with God of War, sometimes developers go too far and just need to start labeling puzzle games instead of action/adventure, at least it seemed that...well, never mind, God of War gave me the same, 'geez, not another puzzle...' and 'great subtle way of filling in game play time with puzzles,'...and taking a pause in some button mashing, but honestly games are capable of being fun and challenging, like Bayonetta, however, REDACTED is not one of them. Gots me rambling I tell you. This game could have been spectacular.

It seems this title is trying to fit into a mold, that's the mistake, they needed to try something risky, something, anything different. It didn't, the graphics were not bad, but not good enough to keep me engaged. Imagine if the main character could have picked up various new armor upgrades or more than one weapon? I was dying to play the character with his hood up, shrouded in shadow, destroying enemies with no remorse, tearing through evil with a purpose, determined; instead I found an unmotivated hero dragging his feet looking for clues. Like a good book, not everything belongs to be told, skip riding a worg to find a way into the castle for crying out loud, provide something memorable, something unique. He kills a giant, then has trouble getting over an obstacle, doesn't make sense.

Could have been great.

"Castlevania": Lords of Shadow

The review is spot on btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

"Castlevania": Lords of Shadow

The review is spot on btw

Correct. I love the first and last statements

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POkmad7hmFI

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I don't like playing games with the Move feature as it's nothing compared to the simplicity of Wii.Resident Evil 4 which Rocks!

By Mike on October 20, 2016
Verified Purchase
I am great with computers, but not a gamer. I wanted an upgrade from the Wii so I bought a PS3 along with the Move Controller/Stick with the ball at the end (PlayStation Move Motion Controller). I did not realize when using the move controller in some games you need the Move Navigation Controller as well, which is similar to the Wii's Nunchuk in that it controls you moving/walking/running, may also have other features or uses. For people who are not real gamer's the PS3 is a lot harder to use vs the Wii. Yes I am aware the PS3 has a larger selection of games, a lot better graphics along with a Blu-ray player, along with a whole list of other features, but Google PSN (PlayStation Network) prior to joining regarding Sony's security, and policies which to me are NOT consumer friendly. I wish they came out with a better updated Wii vs the one currently available. I liked the old controllers on the Wii much more so vs the new version. Also, the PS3 runs a LOT HOTTER vs the Wii, so make sure to have it in a very well ventilated area. I also did not know there was a stand available for my model, that the left size rubber tab pops out and I can screw in the console to make it more convenient a make it more space saving, plus I think it allows better ventilation .

Regarding a PS3 Navigation Control needed to play this game via Move (yes you can use the Rumble Controller, or play Non-Move way with the standard controller, but I wanted this game specifically for the Move). 2 1/2 hours of my life I will never get back. I am not a gamer, but still intelligent enough to to hook up the equipment, especially with Google and YouTube for resources. However, this would not work wirelessly!!!! First I fully charged the item, made sure to use the PS3 cable, held in the PS button on the Navigation Controller, the light would keep flashing again, if I held it in longer the red light would start flashing, then stop. the screen would pop up if I wanted to shut off either the controller or the system, the controller would work, but as soon as I disconnected it the red light went off, and it did not work. I tried reassigning the controller number, after redoing the above steps, a different USB Cable, the rest button on the controller, I then repeated the steps. As far a I am concerned this is nothing like the Wii. I understand much better graphics, but only for gamer's. I hate SONY, another company who does not care.

*I also did not read when it stated this Move compatible, that the Navigation controller was needed in addition to the Move controller.

Now I am out $29.99, and cannot stand Sony.

<<<<kinda tricky but not the problem I was expecting to read about when looking at this games reviews. I'll find a better one in a sec

im not sure but ive got a feeling mike isnt much of a gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That ones RE5 for PS3 btw. If you look almost every release contemporary review is exclusively about the move controller for some reason, it must have been a big push at the time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

That ones RE5 for PS3 btw. If you look almost every release contemporary review is exclusively about the move controller for some reason, it must have been a big push at the time

i didnt even know it worked with the move

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I want to say either Divinity: Original Sin or Dragon's Dogma.

• Locked thread