Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

hm, you'll need an instrument to make friends and woo a companion

find musical instrument

Manifisto

:3:

is anyone attracted by rabbit's tootling?

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Stay strong bun!

Looks like it's night, keep an eye out for a safe resting place like that hollow tree nook

ya, a campfire is nice too, and sometimes attracts the attention of friends

like that owl up there

Macnult posted:

play recorder to summon notes that will guide rabbit through the forest to the mountain

the owl might like some music

like, say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

magic notes and also friendly bird? Be strong and follow notes path.

Macnult posted:

follow the bird noise, ask about the owl later

this, songbird is a better bet than the owl, maybe we've got a duet in the offing

Manifisto

ask whether little bird knows what's at the mountain top

that is, if rabbit has a way to ask

if he can't talk, maybe he could draw the mountain in the dirt, point to the peak, and shrug inquisitively?

Manifisto

I'm impressed by how fast you're turning these around, they are all amazing :love:

nibble clover (but not before checking for 4+ leafers, those don't get eaten) and take a nap

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Rabbit gestures to Little Bird questioningly about the owl. Little Bird grows nervous and sings a song of Old Owl who prowls the forest looking for prey, descending upon little creatures who stray from home or fall asleep too early. Rabbit grows nervous about taking a nap here.

:ohdear:

I think rabbit should head to the mountaintop and see if little bird would like to come

but does anyone think rabbit needs any other equipment/friends to make the journey?

vanisher posted:

best to keep an eye out for streams and fresh pools so we don't get dehydrated on our journey

water, yes, that's a good idea

maybe some friends to be found there

Manifisto

let's see

rabbit has a nice warm coat, hopefully he's covered there

a sturdy staff is always helpful to a hiker/climber, maybe rabbit could cut a good one from a sapling with his teeth

a magnifying glass would be handy for lighting fires and deciphering small mysterious runes on the mountain, but to get something like that he'd probably need to meet someone who has such an artifact, or maybe come across a wish-granting fish in the stream

sunglasses look cool and protect the eyes, is there a sunglass tree in this forest?

(tldr let's look for a staff)

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Let's see if our root tugging turned up any tasty grubs we can share with any shy water friends

Perhaps if one appears he can see what that shiny thing is

Let's play our recorder to help entice a fish friend and see if our feathery friend is okay and can reply.

good thoughts, we don't know how swiftly that stream is moving

Wamdoodle posted:

Shiney! if it's not too far in, reach for it. Don't fall in though!

if it's close by okay, but I would feel better if rabbit was tethered to the streambank somehow, just in case. are there vines nearby?

Manifisto

I say we go for it. a staff is really helpful for keeping footing in streams.

Manifisto

Historical Wizards posted:

If we are going up the mountain, getting wet might not be a good idea, maybe a makeshift we could use to float across?

fair point, but we've got a magnifying glass now, we can build a fire to dry off if the sunshine isn't cutting it

Manifisto

good thing that, as a rabbit, we've got leaping skills!

I'd say, as soon as we're close enough, take a mighty leap to shore

dive into a briar patch

keep still and watch nervously in the direction the sounds came from

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

Play recorder

hmm, risky gambit, but it could work

if owl is a jazz fan maybe we should play him this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Z349QIN1s

vanisher posted:

Defensive plan, option 2:

Fashion some kind of rabbit/mouse decoy and toss it in the water. The streams current will take it away and the Owl will follow, we can then make our way out to safety and off on our path.

let's have this at the ready in case the music doesn't soothe the owl

Farecoal posted:

Maybe Old Owl is misunderstood? He's mad Rabbit assumed he was going to eat him :(

owls can have great wisdom, we might learn something important for our journey

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

excellent result

Let's see if Mr. Owl can fly quickly to our bird's rescue. Perhaps he can gingerly carry us in his talons.

e: we should set up some kind of trust test first to be sure we don't become his lunch

I guess I wonder whether Little Bird's song sounds distressed at all? If not, maybe it's just encouragement for Rabbit to catch up.

Since Owl obviously likes music, I suggest we promise him a duet of whatever music he likes best if he comes with us to find Little Bird. That way Owl has an incentive not to eat either of us, and maybe Owl will be grateful enough to tell us what he knows about the mountain. We could invite Owl to join us if it seemed like there was interest or a reason to do so.

Traveling in Owl's talons is an interesting idea but might be a bit overwhelming for a landlubbing bunny such as ourselves? I dunno, I'll go with whatever other people think.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Luvcows art is so good

Manifisto

well that was nerve-wracking but exhilarating

I'd say its time to hit the slopes

or, as the first response in this thread has it,

Android Blues posted:

onward and upward!

Manifisto

thank you and godspeed friend! have a safe journey and hopefully we will meet again soon

play a short, soulful, but also uplifting tune in farewell

probably a good time to rest for a little while, nibble some food if necessary, and take in our surroundings

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We can't march on forever, let's keep going while the sun is out but keep an eye out for any safe spots such as:
- hollow logs
- abandoned caves
- tree nooks we can reach
- abandoned igloos

okay, but I think a short breather now is not a bad idea. it's the journey not the destination and when hiking it's always good to stop to admire the views. also you never know what might be right nearby if you don't look around once in a while.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Rabbit plays a tune for Little Bird and the two embrace before saying their goodbyes, promising to meet again when Rabbit returns from the mountain. Now alone Rabbit sits back in the grass and munches on some of the clover and reed roots he'd packed away and admires the view around him. The forest, the streams and rivers and lakes and the meadow he grew up in and land he'd never seen before his climb. A feeling of peace and serenity washes over Rabbit as he rests, knowing the final leg of his journey lies just ahead.

:love:

we're ready, let's go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

*exhale*

now that's an ending

alnilam posted:

I'm happy for rabbit

City of Glompton posted:

me too. thank you Luvcow

ty nesamdoom!