Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/875823645913792512

:agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

It's like we're back in the 1980s. We have a senile lunatic as POTUS and the Sixers, Lakers, and Celtics are looking good.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

and the Knicks recently drafted a GAME CHANGING CENTER who will not win them a title because of Phil Jackson

All of this happened before and will happen again.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Tom Gores had an affair...with his brother's wife.

That's some low down dirty rear end poo poo.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/875869250598182914

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I will pay dozens of hobos to break into Staples Center and poo poo en masse on the Lakers logo at center court if Magic fucks this up for us.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

what does this rivals.com bullshit even mean

He pulled a Pippen and refused to check back into a game in the second half.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/876075611378286592

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Remember the DarioWatch last year?

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/876218147182956546

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Oh wow, the Kings pick too. Hopefully the protections are decent or the Sixers could be giving up a lot.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876279848355942400

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So does that mean that Boston might get Sactown's unprotected 2019 pick?

If the 2018 Lakers pick ends up at #1 or #6-#30, then they get the Sacramento pick.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How likely is that? Does it strongly hinge on what L.A. does in the draft and free agency, I guess?

50/50 I guess.

They probably wait till Paul George is a FA next summer instead of attempting to trade for him so I don't think they'll be that much better, but guys like Russell, Randle, Ingram, Nance and Walton will all be more experienced so they might not be quite as bad.

Honestly, I could see the pick being anywhere in the top 10-12.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/bradhern/status/875853577398431749

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/876558456676913153

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

I get why they'd compare him to Pierce because he is skilled for his age and has some of that old man game, but playing like Pierce and being an efficient scorer is really hard to do. He's not a great athlete and a good but not great shooter so he's going to have to covert tough shots at a really high rate.

Yeah, people have kinda forgotten how good Pierce was in his prime. He's easily a first ballot HOFer and he also was a defensive stud unlike Tatum.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

chunkles posted:

Which draft prospect is most likely to come back with some obscure Ingmar Bergman film

Lauri Markannen in a show of Nordic solidarity.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

drat.

https://twitter.com/MarkelleF/status/876566556758745088

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Klow7/status/876994346859593729

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Apparently they were trying to trade back from 2 with the Kings for 5 and 10, so I wouldn't be so sure

They may have thought that they could still get at 5.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

The odds of Ball making it past the Suns are non-existent

No poo poo, but look at the decision making of Lakers management right now.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

Either the Suns or Kings, probably. Seems pretty likely now that it'll go Fultz, Ball, Tatum, and then Jackson and Fox in some order

I still think there's a chance Jackson goes #3 if Boston thinks that they can move him for Butler or Zinger, but after the last week o' crazy who the hell knows.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there an indication why Jackson wouldn't work out for the Celtics? Maybe concerns over minutes?

Probably, but I did read this morning that his camp finally sent them medical records.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Could someone describe what Provel cheese tastes like? The wiki entry just says "is a combination of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheeses, and tastes nothing like any of them."

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 21, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

I don't think it has an especially distinctive taste but the texture of it is super gross to me. If they didn't insist on using that St.Louis pizza would be fine, I don't mind super thin crust

Gotcha. I assumed it was the cheese that would be the problem.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

At least MacGregor has proven himself, Ball is unknown at this point.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kiimo posted:

He was from Derry with an extensive association with IRA types.

Yeah, especially from Derry you have to really walk on eggshells.

On the plus side, you used "Derry" and not "LondonDerry" so :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kiimo posted:

I'm usually good with geography and I find that shocking.

edit: although I'm the dude who called a guy from Northern Ireland "british" at a bar and he almost punched me soooo

Also, the general rule is:

Scandinavian= Sweden, Denmark, Norway.
Nordic= Sweden, Denmark, Norway + Finland and Iceland.

• Locked thread