Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They way you all are talking it sounds like monk would fit well with Ben Simmons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

Fultz and Monk is ideal, but unlikely. I think Philly finishes better than the Suns, Heat, and Nets tbh

Yeah, at least 2 of those 3.

I hope Adam Silver makes jerry colangelo take over the Heat because this is embarrassing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

I dunno, I think even if Simmons is good out of the gate, putting a rookie with no minutes under his belt in charge of ball handling in the middle of the season is a formula to lose more, not less.

Yes, especially since he will much up the spacing which is the only reason they sixers are scoring more than 85 points a game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ilyasova has been the key actually

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also Saric and cov do have some gravity so I'm not sure what your comment means honestly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd agree with you if they had guards who shoot threes. Tj McConnell can not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So you think it's going to be what Sergio , Henderson , Simmons , ilyasova , embiid?

I'm not following you .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is their starting line with Simmons going to be that doesn't muck up the spacing for Embiid compared to now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's says right in the webpage "team needs not taken into account "

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The reason I said monk would be perfect for the Sixers is he'd be a nominal 1.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is it just me or has every lottery for the past five years or so been filled with perimeter players that cannot shoot a jumper if their life depended on it? Is that a recent phenomenon or has that always been a thing that NBA teams need to fix on most players? I know LeBron sucked at jumpers for a while.

Lots of shooters in this lottery

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems like a lot to me compared to other years.

Id also throw Smith and Isaac into the "can shoot" basket.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think eventually he can get his rebounding and space defense to net neutral. Maybe . Not impossible. It would take a lot of development time . He's already average at rim protection last I checked the numbers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember seeing Bennett play hard for like 4 minutes in summer league once and he looked good . Then he started walking down the court.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What college point guards do well against a double from a strong team.
Not snark .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Any other of the top ones? That does seems like a good casual metric.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mcw who can shoot is good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is a 7 foot guy with a 7'10" arm span in 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

When was the last time a potential top 10 pick big man stayed in college and raised his draft stock?

Nik stauskas ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You're right missed the "big man" qualifier

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Your right

Buddy hield would be the better example under my misunderstanding.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Small ball center is not a thing right. He's just a small center .

Maybe you are using it right idk.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brett brown has been saying again that Simmons is playing point guard next year. No qualifiers or point forward stuff.

Seems strange with one the best point guard drafts ever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

It basically means Philly is drafting Malik Monk and leaving PGs on the board for Sacramento

Or one of the forwards. Yeah. Don't think Fox or smith would entice them.

Assuming they don't get one. I have to assume they take fultz and make it work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Eh, most of the guys would fit alongside Simmons as a backcourt, who plays the other guard isn't a big deal. Can Simmons guard opposing PG or SGs? That is a bigger question. If he can't (and I expect he cannot) then you need 2 Guards on defense, and then whether he's playing Point Forward or not is irrelevant.

Basically, it lets them say "We're going to run our offense through our #1 Pick" and then how it washes out will not really matter. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I think if brown meant point forward he'd say that. Or if he meant Simmons would guard forwards. He's said Simmons will guard 1 s though. (He said "Simmons will guard whoever guards him. If that is a 1 then he will guard 1s).

It confuses me and may be a big issue or maybe not because colangelo doesn't agree !! Idk.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd take fultz and lakers unprotected next year as best case.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Porter Jr would fit in fine .

Maybe you are right though. I'm just worried about fitting in 3 lottery rookies in one fall. Two seems like just enough.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think if the Sixers even get like 1-4 or 2-4 this year they will trade the lower pick for a veteran.

You are right next years unprotected lakers pick a big trade target .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd be fine with Monk . He'd be so open all of the time .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

January was pretty great.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It only has one year left on his deal right ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well then they better draft ball handlers lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm watching the combine but there is no way to tell who the players are so :iiam:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fox is it terrible if you believe in his jumpshot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Ford is reporting that Fox is ahead of Ball with some front offices, and Dennis Smith has shot way up some boards (no shock) and that a Fultz/Fox/Ball/Smith 1,2,3,4 draft is in play.

Makes sense to me . I always though smith was going to go high.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

The Ringer made a pretty cool draft summary site: http://nbadraft.theringer.com

Nice

Looks good on mobile

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope the Sixers don't get ball. Very afraid of him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is also what concerns me. The drive + finish ability.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Exactly. I don't want a project tho if I'm the Sixers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I disagree . I forget who I was listening to (Bodner?) that mentioned he had Ball higher for the Sixers than other teams because Ball's weaknesses could be glazed over by Simmons

I'll take Ball over Fox any day

That was bodner iirc. He's right . Ball would easily work with Simmons but I want more from this draft .

• Locked thread