Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is it just me or has every lottery for the past five years or so been filled with perimeter players that cannot shoot a jumper if their life depended on it? Is that a recent phenomenon or has that always been a thing that NBA teams need to fix on most players? I know LeBron sucked at jumpers for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

...no? There's Fultz, Monk, Markkannen, and I guess Ball if you think that his trebuchet release is going to hold up

RIP Patric Young

Isn't Ball also incapable of shooting from within the three point line?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
At least he's heavier than that Romanian kid with the worm neck

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

People that pay attention to CBB. What is wrong with Tacko Fall? I would think a 7 foot 6' tall man would at least be in the 2nd round of mock drafts.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18473661/ucf-knights-tacko-fall-road-relevancy

Most insanely tall dudes are as slow as they are large and don't really have any basketball skills beyond "stand in the paint and stick your arms up on defense." There's a reason Sim Bhullar and Mamadou N'Diaye are D-Leaguers who went undrafted.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

Miles Bridges seemed to just be everywhere, he had a lot of non-box score influence on the game. I loved his slashes to the basket. He is small though. His jumper looked fine in the game I watched (Michigan St v Indiana) but apparently that is not always the case and I think he might have some problems in the NBA if that is the case. But I definitely see the talent and athleticism and maybe the modern NBA could find room for him.

Thomas Bryant has a wide body. I liked his defense and rebounding. He's quick and athletic. I really hated his offense. Ugly out of control drives, mostly bad post plays, and while he only took one jumper it was a bad one. He seemed to have tunnel vision and was not gonna pass once he got the ball on the offensive end no matter what. Maybe the right coaching could help with that though, because I think the size and D will be very tempting for lottery teams.

I'll try and make a second pass on him, but your assessment seems logical to me.

Bridges had 33 points, 7 boards and was like 5/7 from three last night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nerlens might have gone #1 if he hadn't gotten hurt. Although the Cavs were picking so who knows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked O'Connor as Lowe Lite but he's been infected with the Simmons virus

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That is quite the name trio

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

MKG was drafted #2 overall with a jumper that was like a ballista tipped on its side

And Ben Simmons #1 despite having the range of DeAndre Jordan

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Now LaMarcus is out with a heart arrhythmia

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also Anthony Davis is seriously bizarre looking even with nice teeth. He's got facial hair now which distracts from the brow but it's still all weird.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Which games/prospects are the best to watch in tonight's games?

Well Kentucky is playing UCLA so pretty much everyone starting in that game, but more specifically Ball, Monk and Fox.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/852211363816636416

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Think this might be a bad move. I don't like him that much as a prospect but he was probably going in the lottery. Next year is a weaker draft but he's got some flaws that he may not want to give teams another season to pick over. He better hope the 3pt% holds up next year.

Also the Big Ten is bringing loving everyone back next year, Jesus

As a State fan I'd obviously be stoked if he returned but I agree. Local reporters like to bring up Gary Harris having little change in his draft stock between freshman and sophomore years but Gary Harris was not this kind of prospect.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

They're half puerto rican

I'm going to start banning everyone who applies the one drop rule to anyone who hasn't made a public proclamation of blackness
I thought their dad was Cuban?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

And that friends is why Sean Miller will never get offered an NBA job.

Wasn't this in the first half too?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Marv Marinovich needs to be on the parent list

Somehow after all of that people still went to Marv to mentor their sons (looking at you, Tate Forcier's family).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

Yes get the longest arms you can at all positions

John Hammond account spotted

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

rest in peace Detroit, drafting Luke Kennard and running out the five white guy rotation

Baynes opted out so it's only four I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Oh so Serbs aren't white anymore
You must be on the Ustasha payroll

Boban, Ellenson, Leuer, Beno (who's a free agent). I think that's everyone.

• Locked thread