Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wouldn't the Sixers best case be Fultz and Josh Jackson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'll be lottery in next year's lovely draft if he can avoid tripping anyone again (big if)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Duke lands Duval (he's visiting now) with Allen coming back that could be pretty huge. Then again they lost Tatum, Giles, Kennard and possibly Frank Jackson.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watching the Sixers this season was some of the most fun I've ever had watching the NBA in my life.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's the nightmare decision that Kansas fans were worried Malik Newman might attempt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah Jackson played 4 at Kansas with the small ball thing and it was awesome to watch but there's quite a big difference between guarding a college 4 and guarding Blake Griffin.

I'm a complete Kansas homer and I'd draft Fultz over Jackson and even as loathe as I am to admit it, probably Ball too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sitting here re-thinking my "Celtics need Fultz or Ball" prediction. Josh Jackson would have been clutch in that game last night and I am no longer sure you ever want to take the ball out of Thomas' hands.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What a shame to move Fultz off ball

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Take Josh Jackson and I will make it to completion

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And that friends is why Sean Miller will never get offered an NBA job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I think people just trying to predict the next Thon Maker surprise pick

Thon Maker is full of surprises

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bless Thon Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, may His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for His people.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I will be so sad if the Kings somehow get Josh Jackson. It's where Kansas players go to die.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Duval is what happens when you take one part John Wall one part Kyrie and add Russell Westbrook. Start looking up footage now because he's going to spend the next fifteen years crossing fools.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sending the Balls out of LA is a dream scenario. Please shut up.

But that's not going to happen. The Lakers are going to take him and his dad will never shut up and every time I turn on the radio they'll talk about what new poo poo he came up with next and they'll say they all hate him and then can't wait to put a microphone in front of his gimmick mouth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So you guys do know that Lonzo Ball is really really good, right? I mean I hate his family and he didn't play awesome against Kentucky but he schooled suckas all season long. I watched a lot of UCLA and he's going to win a lot of games for whatever team drafts him. I just hope it isn't the Lakers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's a creator. I'd call his court vision and passing "elite". High basketball IQ. He's got an old man game when it comes to point guard in the body of 6-6 wing. He'll dominate in the pick and roll and the outside shooting is better than people think, especially as a freshman. He's...Jason Kidd maybe? I feel like his negatives are the type of thing he'll develop no problem.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You know as well as I. That's one of those I guess we'll see things but I mean...sometimes you have an NFL running back run a 4.6 and people are like he's not quick enough to succeed at the NFL level and then he turns into LeVeon Bell.

edit: are you guys watching the games? I'd take Ball over Fox any day. Every mock draft has Ball in the top 3. Fox is fast as gently caress and there's no way I'd draft him over Ball, dude is highly skilled.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 16, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like less than half of the top three picks really work out. There's is a significant chance Ball fails, I have to admit. That's the weirdness that is the NBA draft. I haven't seen a player play like Ball plays in a long time. I'm certainly not going to guarantee it. I just wouldn't take Fox over Ball I guess is my main point. Fox is fast but ask UK fans how they felt about him this season. Being fast is like the only thing he does really well. He looked good against UCLA but go back into the season and see how fans felt after Ball came into Lexington and ran a clinic on UK at home.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Also you're just stright up wrong about him being good at PnR. He's 70th among college players in pick and roll scoring.

I might be wrong but if so, so are a lot of people.

quote:

High pick-and-roll playmaking upside as he already understands how to make reads, change speeds, and use hesitations.

But to be honest the NBA isn't my thing as much as college so you probably know better than me and I'm starting to feel dirty defending a Bruin, much less Lonzo freaking Ball.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I cannot imagine how utterly amazing it would be if the Kings got the second pick, took Ball, Laker fans let out a huge sigh of relief, then he becomes a transcendent star and beats the Lakers all the time.

That is my #1 scenario now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't have an NBA team since the Kings thankfully moved when I was a kid but after 12 years in LA I still only know what I hear on the radio and I was under the assumption Laker fans want nothing to do with the helicopter dad. If you do a search for his name he's being talked about all over the country and it's all thanks to his dad. My biggest fear is his dad is right and turned him into a household name by being shocking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed. CBS doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about for the billionth time regardless of sport.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What's Trump doing now I've had my head in basketball for four hours

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Artic Puma posted:

Fultz with the insanely low energy interview. Did someone drug him?

Malik Monk was worse.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

He told comey to drop the Flynn investigation and then fired Comey when Comey didnt.

Oh boy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Didn't Ernst & Young screw up the Oscars? :tinfoil:

Price Waterhouse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

illcendiary posted:

It's so drat funny seeing the faces of disappointment

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I really do not want Josh Jackson. he can't shoot for poo poo and Sixers desperately need a guard

Wrong

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've seen every shot Josh Jackson shot in college. In fact every shot since he arrived on campus. He started the year on a terrible slump and then shot much better. More importantly when he needed shots he hit them, he wills them in which is a thing. He's a scorer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sixers: They’ll have a loving weird rear end lineup with a 6’9 PG, a 7’2 center who hits 3s, and jackson, who floats from 2-4 depending on the lineup playing balls to the wall every second. Screw shooting, this team would own so hard. 

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Josh Jackson is a nearly instant double double threat plus defense. The only question is his shot and I believe it will work.

If I had to choose between having JJ or Wiggins come back for a sophomore season I'd choose JJ.

But I'd choose Embiid over both.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I did forget one thing.

Josh Jackson has another negative that I haven't been mentioning. His free throw shooting is a travesty.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At the beginning of your post I thought you were talking about playing in a summer rec league and by the end it made more sense as a goon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

A Pelican blogger on potential second round picks for the team. What do you guys who actually look at players that go that deep think?

Frank Mason, G, Kansas – A true winner, who can be a nice backup for a team if given an opportunity.

Nobody says anything about Frank except a nice player lacking athleticism. 41 inch vertical sounds pretty athletic to me but am I confusing vertical for athleticism?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

He has a hair impeded shot, I feel bad for posting it constantly but he needs to cut his loving hair and it would be so much easier for him.

What about cornrows

mentat analysis: shmoov

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you don't get a point guard you can always wait for next draft and get lucky enough to snag this dominating killer

https://youtu.be/tcVKvvOfsr4

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If there is I don't know about it. You can bet this class will be deeper though.

I've never seen MPJ highlights so I couldn't tell you. Basically because my school was never a recruiting contender.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA is going to take Ball and then go after Westbrook next year.

How excited are you all for the LaVar Ball "Westbrook needs to defer to Lonzo" hot take? GET YO POPCRN RDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't Bogart that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhyHc71KTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSidKkWYweQ

• Locked thread