Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Rick posted:

I'm gonna try the top 30 US prospects. I figure I'll catch a few of the second round guys there.

I'd prefer a showcase but I'll probably for some guys just settle for watching them play.

Good call, I should probably sports-morally watch that anyway.

You should make a point of catching the KU/UK game soon. Monk, Josh Jackson and DeAaron Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Today was a prototypical Josh Jackson game: 20 points (5/13), 10 rebounds, 4 steals and an assist...and 0/1 from 3 and 10/17 (wtf?) from the line. :pwn:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Probably Magic posted:

He won't be an abysmal shooter, but I haven't really seen Jackson hit many contested 3s, and his jump shooting can be a bit suspect at times too. As athletic as he is, I'm not sure he's worth a top five pick if you can get someone who has a more reliable shot.

There's no way you can drop Jackson all the way outside of the top five when he's so good at literally everything else

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
How do you guys like the Iguodala comp for Jackson? I've seen it a lot and I know comps are really reductive and lazy but it does seem on point. Of course, I am a terrible scout.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I can't watch what am I missing here

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
How does this affect Ball's stock

https://twitter.com/ZO2_/status/736050137462509569

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Doltos posted:

I hope he slips to Minnesota.

he can learn real hip hop like Atmosphere

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Jota posted:

he's gonna meet Brother Ali and convert to Islam

Big Bilal Brand

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who was the last top-tier prospect with parents as nutty as Lavar?

Eric Lindros' folks had some issues, but they werent half as bad as Lavar. And I think they cut it out for the most part when Lindros was playing. But that was a bit before my time.

He's not in the top tier of star prospects but Colby Rasmus was a very well-regarded MLB prospect with a total loving knob for a dad

I know Richard Williams (father of Serena and Venus) is considered pretty out there but on the other hand it seems like there's a lot of racial animosity packaged in there that I'm not comfortable untangling and as for results it's hard to argue with his methods as a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I like STL pizza but I'm biased and totally get why others don't.

Everybody should love our other weird regional delicacy, though: toasted ravioli!

• Locked thread