Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bad shooting hurts spacing tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm watching UCLA right now and Lonzo Ball doesn't look like that great of a shooter. He's a great finisher but his 3 point shot and outside shooting don't look good. T.J. Leaf also threw down a tombstone dunk on some poor kid.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I interned for an AAU coach and by and large they're all assholes. Every single one. They only teach kids fast break and press, and even then you barely see any passing. It's no better on the girls side either.

In this day and age most kids are in some sort of competitive program by the time they're 10 and AAU is quite common among 12 year olds. That means by the time they get to high school, almost half of their life has been spent shooting jumpers from their chest, or not jumping at all on their jumpers. I had to do a tear down job on most of the girls I coached this year just to reteach them their shot at the age of 14.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is why it might be beneficial for the sort of all tools wing who can't shoot to stay in college for 2 years, to get that creeping basketball mortality moment, it won't always be easy forever, when they are drafted they may fully commit to working on their shot, and they'll be mentally primed to change those ingrained patterns. That's my purely anecdotal evidence based opinion based on late lottery toolsy wings who've become good scorer/shooters in the NBA

All potential NBA players should go to the gym and take 10k shots from every spot on the floor

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anthony Bennett's rookie campaign was one of the most insulting pieces of poo poo a player getting paid by a NBA team ever put together. He just didn't even try. At all. He was somehow out of shape. He wouldn't go for rebounds, wouldn't set picks, wouldn't try driving with the ball at all.

Apparently he had a bad shoulder injury in college that's still bothering him but everyone says the same poo poo no matter where he goes: he just doesn't give a gently caress.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

straight up brolic posted:

Ball was loving terrible in that first half. Lack of speed is really noticeable. Holiday came in and was able to immediately split Oregon's half press for easy looks.

e: now it's the second half and he's getting put in jail by lovely white backup PGs. really don't see it with this guy. Looked downright bad in the two games I've seen him play against teams with equal or greater athleticism.

Yeah seriously I mentioned before that I thought his shooting form was horrible and was told that it was just one game, but he can't do anything against Oregon. He's a good rebounder but so far his only offensive game seems to be from two janky rear end 3's that somehow went in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
And of course he nails a deep three to put a dagger in the Ducks.

This game is amazing. College Basketball is so good this year holy gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bonzie Colson is a new age Barkley

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

It's not always mechanics.

*insert lakers free throw practice numbers here*

That can easily be chalked up to Dwight putting stick'em on his hands.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Knicks have eight teams hovering around them. Nine games left with four of them against teams fighting for the playoffs and two of them fighting for playoff seeding.

Give me Josh Jackson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
DENISE PELLI OH HELL YEAH ITS TIME

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can picture some dude beating the crap out of Denise in a dark basement trying to get the draft information out of her and Denise just spitting blood at him saying hit me again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
probably cus it actually happened

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hate basketball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Grats Celtics grats Evil

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want you guys to realize that right now there's Boston fans celebrating that they have the #1 pick and Lakers fans complaining that they got the #2 again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Knicks need to go after Lauri Markannen so we can have two young tall men to help raid the Eastern Steppes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

Like any reasonable NYC basketball fan I thought the bow at MSG center court was great entertainment, but this is super hosed up this whole draft is hosed trash my teams will never be good

I blame the entire team from the brass to the bottom for unnecessarily winning like 7 games towards the end of the season

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

morestuff posted:

I'm surprised Texas hasn't done better in the one-and-done era. I'd love to spend a year in Austin loving around and eating migas

"I'm John Calipari/Coach K here come to my basketball school where you can play against NBA athletes that visit all the time and benefit from the best basketball facilities illegal boosting can buy"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I hope he slips to Minnesota.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've seen multiple kids with BBB sweatshirts and hoodies on. You guys are underestimating the meme potential of the Ball family among the youth of this generation

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I like that fat rebounding guy, where's he going?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like the Knicks are linked to every PG available instead of something useful like a new owner

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mudiay can't hit a layup to save his life. Dunn at least has The Look which will give him 12th man bench spots for the rest of his days

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

1) main names I've seen on Knicks sites have been DSJ and Frank. It looks like DSJ is rising up everyone's board so I dunno
2) Frank Isola hates the Knicks and regularly gets things wrong because of it
3) who knows

I don't think it's very Knickslike to go after a young, foreign PG that has trouble finishing at the rim and passing under pressure. Especially if Dennis Smith is there.

Isola doesn't hate the Knicks but he definitely hates Dolan and for some reason Melo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Congrats Jota and I'm considering switching fan allegiance back to the Sixers if the Knicks continue to beat me like a dead horse

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

I'm currently reading through the basketball rule book and I'm not seeing any rule that says the Knicks can't draft this guy

Phil would set this guy up with a locker room full of sand and act stoic while the bear complains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Im unbelievably hyped for Fultz's first foot injury

• Locked thread