Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Obviously we have to wait until official stuff comes out, but he certainly looks like he's closer to 6'3" than 6'6"

DraftExpress has him at ~6'6" on everything except his official college team record which is weird since you'd think UK would be the one pumping him up. Unless this is just some kind of Calipari mind trick where he doesn't want teams to see that extra 3 inches coming (I doubt it).

chunkles posted:

I feel like there are a few upperclassmen who come in and contribute right away every year, but from a personal standpoint I'd go as soon as I could get that guaranteed contract (see the cautionary tale of Alex Poythress)

I'll never know what this feels like but I think my personal flowchart would be:

Can I get that money? -> If "Yes" -> Get that money

1 million dollars is life loving changing money to almost anyone.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What can you guys tell me about Bam Adebayo? He seemed pretty good in what I saw of him against Vanderbilt (who are not very good, mind you).

He's already evolved as a player from the start of the season. I don't know where his draft stock is but it seems like people are pleased with what they see from him so you're impression of him being "pretty good" is not out of step with what I'm reading from people who cover UK. He's moving his feet well, getting rebounds, and actually showing some ball handling skills.

Where he got exploited in the Vandy game, and it will continue to happen according to people who know more about these things, is he doesn't defend guards on the perimeter well and the UK approach to defense means teams will attempt to get a shooter on the perimeter matched up against him via screens.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

He teleports with the basketball. There is a chance he's some John Wall in a skinny body little magic man. I'm not going to say the word but I'm dying to see he and Jackson with the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szy5vqpKL4Q
There were so many times vs UCLA, admittedly not the most athletic team, that Fox looked like he was able to freeze time for 3 seconds and do what he wanted before any Bruin caught up to the play. Fox made Ball look like some random coach's son over and over.

There are fast pgs in the NBA, Kyrie can cover the court at lightning speed with the ball, but I think Fox might be faster. He is both faster, quicker, and more explosive than Dennis Schröder (similarly-sized player with shooting deficiency). He'll need all that if he doesn't do the unspoken thing.

I have no feel for his passing, because a dump off to Malik Monk isn't a high difficulty thing.

To give lonzo credit, he did make open threes on those half court plays where the ball found its way to the paint, back out to someone else and then to lonzo standing there all alone. He'll need those.

My idea of basketball heaven at the moment would be just watching Fox school Ball in one-on-one matchups forever.

• Locked thread