Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

mastershakeman posted:

the bears are going to draft a loving qb from notre dame aren't they god damnit

The wind whispers "clausen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Likely not but first round is realistic

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Turns out I work with someone who's father was Jabrill Peppers' high school coach and housed Peppers for a year or two. Apparently his family are a bunch of scum bags, which is hilarious considering I just saw a rotoworld blurb about how his mom is sending out these huge packets of questions to vet future agents.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Turns out I work with someone who's father was Jabrill Peppers' high school coach and housed Peppers for a year or two. Apparently his family are a bunch of scum bags, which is hilarious considering I just saw a rotoworld blurb about how his mom is sending out these huge packets of questions to vet future agents.

When he was at Don Bosco or when he was at Paramus Catholic? I can't imagine that a guy from Paramus would ever look down on a family from East Orange. :v:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alaois posted:

I can't imagine that a guy from Paramus would ever look down on a family from East Orange. :v:

True, that's important to note. I suppose you take everything with a grain of salt but apparently his home life was bad enough that he had to live with friends and coaches for a while. Apparently he's a good kid so whatever, I just wish sometimes players would vet their parents.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kiper's latest big board:

quote:

1. *Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Garrett has had a frustrating season, hampered by a high ankle sprain he suffered in late September. The injury has taken away some of the explosion that makes him such a promising talent. But when he's on -- the way he was against UTSA in mid-November, when he had 4.5 sacks -- he's a brilliant, natural pass-rusher. The injury shouldn't affect Garrett's draft status, as long as it doesn't linger past January. At 6-foot-5, 265 pounds, he has the length, strength and ability to bend the edge. I think he's a top-five lock in April.

2. *Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

Fournette, too, hasn't had an ideal season, as he has struggled with a gimpy ankle and missed four games. Don't worry about him, though. Fournette's really special when he's healthy. At 6-1, 235 pounds, he has an incredible combination of size, speed and power that can make him look like a varsity player hanging with the JV. Mileage was a concern heading into the season, so the ankle injury could benefit him in NFL scouts' eyes. He had a whopping 300 carries in 2015, and he has only 129 this season.

3. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

Allen is consistently great for the Crimson Tide. He has seven sacks this season after having 12 in 2015. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Allen's performance against Texas A&M, in which he had a signature sack and returned a fumble for a touchdown. Defensive end, defensive tackle -- Allen can play anywhere on the line, and coach Nick Saban loves him. By April, he could be in the mix for the top pick.

4. Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

Foster is a big-time inside linebacker, and he might have been Alabama's best linebacker last season. Yes, better than Reggie Ragland, who went in the second round to the Bills in this year's draft and whom I had as the No. 24-ranked prospect. Foster (6-1, 240) has more range, runs sideline to sideline and is a more complete player. Expect him to follow in the footsteps of inside linebackers from Alabama who have gone in the first round, such as Rolando McClain, Dont'a Hightower and C.J. Mosley.

5. **Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

Peppers won't win the Heisman, but there's a case to be made that he is the most valuable player in college football. He's the best prospect on one of the best defenses in the country -- Michigan is giving up only 12.5 points per game. And Peppers (6-foot, 210 pounds) is also playing some offense -- running the ball and catching passes -- and is a dynamic returner, too. Could he become a Deone Bucannon type of linebacker at the next level? I expect him to test off the charts at the NFL combine.

6. *Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Adams has been a huge part of LSU's defensive success, even if it doesn't show on the stat sheet (one interception, one sack). The Tigers rank seventh in the country in points allowed per game (16.4). Adams (6-1, 213) has great bloodlines -- his dad, George Adams, was the No. 19 overall pick in the 1985 NFL draft -- and he is built for today's NFL as a versatile safety who can play in the box effectively, make tackles against the run and move to the edges and track slot receivers. There is a premium on these monsterbacks.

7. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Williams, the top-ranked prospect in my preseason Big Board, does one thing incredibly well: rush the passer. And that's what NFL teams are looking for. He's a fantastic pass-rushing talent who can be unblockable at times. But Williams showed some of his other talents in the Crimson Tide's victory over LSU on Nov. 5. I wrote about his day, in which he showed that he can adequately take on blockers and play the run. I feel much better about his all-around game. After 10.5 sacks in 2015, when he played only about 20 percent of Alabama's defensive snaps, Williams (6-4, 250) has eight sacks this season.

8. *Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

Cook (5-11, 213) is a home run hitter who can turn small creases into massive gains. He has eight 100-yard games in his last nine games. Cook is averaging 6.0 yards per carry this season -- after averaging 7.4 in 2015 -- and he has surpassed his catch total from last season, with 30 receptions for 426 yards. With good hands and the ability to find and pick up blitzes, he's versatile. He has a whopping 39 touchdowns in the past two seasons.

9. Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA

Pac-12 offensive tackles had nightmares this season about McKinley, who is a dominant speed rusher. At 6-2, 240, he's not huge, but his explosion off the line is suited for today's NFL. A former junior-college player, McKinley has really come on as a senior -- he has 10 sacks and three forced fumbles. McKinley has impressed me with his motor, too, even while dealing with multiple injuries.

10. *Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Barnett has been stellar after a slow start to the season. He has 12 sacks, and he even had an interception in a loss to Alabama. At 6-3, 265 pounds, Barnett is an all-around defender who beats double-teams, makes plays in the run game and gets after quarterbacks. I see him as a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL, not a 3-4 outside linebacker, but that shouldn't hurt his value. He's a really good player.

11. **Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

This is the year of the third-year sophomore, and Ohio State has two really good ones who could jump to the draft, including Buckeyes safety Malik Hooker, who was in an earlier Big Board. At 6-1, 190, Lattimore is a first-year starter who struggled because of a hamstring injury during his first two years in Columbus. He has been fantastic this season, standing out in a group of talented defenders. He tackles well and has locked down receivers; he has four interceptions. The cornerback class for the 2017 draft could be special, and Lattimore is in the top tier.

12. *D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Foreman, who declared for the draft Wednesday, rushed for 2,028 yards this season, tops in the country. He was a huge portion of Texas' offense this season -- he had 323 carries, which also led the country, and 15 touchdowns. At 6-1, 249 pounds, he's a big back, but he showed enough speed to break away from defenders. I'll be interested to see what he runs at the combine. Foreman is also a very capable blocker, and I think he could be a three-down back in the NFL. One issue: with only 13 catches in three seasons, we still don't know much about his hands.

13. *Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

This isn't a great class for top-tier blindside protectors, and some of that has to do with the lack of seniors. The first senior in my list of the top 10 offensive tackles comes in at No. 6. Robinson, a junior, was a starter from day one at Alabama, and he has already a known commodity around the NFL. At 6-6, 327 pounds, he's battle-tested and extremely consistent. I still think he'd be better as a right tackle in the NFL -- he's a better run-blocker than he is a pass-blocker -- but he's probably going to get a shot on the left side. He has the talent to be a top-10 pick and the first tackle off the board.

14. *Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Williams, my No. 1 receiver, has great burst and speed for his size (6-2, 225). He has put behind him the scary neck injury that prematurely ended his 2015 season, and he's back to being Deshaun Watson's go-to target. He has 79 catches for 1,114 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, including three scores in the Tigers' rout of South Carolina last Saturday. He had more than 1,000 receiving yards as a sophomore in 2014 while averaging a whopping 18.1 yards per catch.

15. *Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

McDowell, who drops a few spots here, suffered an ankle injury in the Spartans' loss to Illinois in early November and missed the last three games of the season, as 3-9 Michigan State won't make a bowl game. He has had some growing pains, but the talent is there. He is a fantastic athlete with a 6-6, 290-pound frame. Production has been his issue -- McDowell had 1.5 sacks this season and only 7.5 in his career. He's an elite-level prospect, though, and he could be a top-15 pick.

16. *Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

I've been looking for a quarterback to make the leap this season, and I found it in Trubisky, who has been one of the best signal-callers in the country in his first year as the full-time starter. Trubisky (6-3, 220) is completing 68.9 percent of his passes, even with the nightmare game while playing in Hurricane Matthew in which he was just 13-of-33. He has 28 touchdown passes and only four interceptions. He throws a nice ball, has some touch and velocity, and is mobile, too. He has five rushing touchdowns. He could be the first quarterback off the board in April.

17. *John Ross, WR, Washington

After major knee injuries cost him most of the 2014 season and all of 2015, Ross has been sensational for the Huskies this season. He has 72 catches for 1,071 yards and 16 touchdowns, plus two more TDs on a kick return and rush. He's a speedster. You won't find many players in college football -- or the NFL -- faster than Ross, who reportedly ran a hand-timed 4.25 40-yard dash in March. And that speed shows on tape, as he consistently blows by Pac-12 defenders. Ross is only 5-11, 190, but he's not a guy who has to play in the slot. He can play outside at the next level, as he does at Washington.

18. *Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

Brantley was featured as my "prospect on the rise" after Florida beat LSU. He was sensational in that game, with three tackles for loss and a forced fumble. A fourth-year junior, Brantley's issue is consistency. At 6-2, 300 pounds, he flashes the upside and talent of a top-10 pick. But he only had 3.5 tackles for loss in the nine games before the win over LSU and he isn't dependably disruptive, though he did have another two tackles for loss in Florida's loss to Florida State. Maybe the lightbulb has come on now. Brantley could be a bigger name in the NFL than he was in college.

19. **Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

At 6-1, Humphrey is a big, lockdown corner. He had three interceptions as a redshirt freshman last season and was a key playmaker for the national champs. He has two interceptions this season, and the first was returned for a touchdown in the Tide's beatdown of USC in Week 1. Humphrey has great bloodlines: His father, Bobby, was a big-time running back at Alabama who was picked by the Broncos in the first round of the 1989 supplemental draft.

20. *Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

Tabor just makes plays. He showed up in big moments every time I turned on last season's tape, breaking up passes and locking down receivers. He returned two interceptions for touchdowns in 2015. He's all over the field this season, too. You could argue that Tabor was the most consistently effective Florida cornerback last season, and Vernon Hargreaves III went No. 11 overall to the Bucs. Tabor has four interceptions this season, including a 39-yard touchdown return vs. Missouri.

21. *Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Hodges is an unbelievable athlete. He was a quarterback in high school, and I think he'll be one of the fastest tight ends of the past few years when he runs at the combine. At 6-7, 245 pounds, he is imposing. He's productive, too, with 127 catches and 20 touchdowns in his career. In a great tight end class, Hodges might be the best.

22. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

Howard hasn't been a prolific pass-catcher at Alabama, including only 35 catches this season, but he has all the tools scouts look for in an NFL tight end. At 6-6, 250, he is going to light up the NFL combine. He can stretch the deep middle of the field and become a more dynamic weapon. He could be a playmaker in the NFL. Just look at last season's national title game, in which he had 208 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

23. *Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

Harris has moved up and down on my Big Board a couple of times because his play has been up and down. The highlight of his season was his effort in the Tigers' loss to Georgia in September. He was tremendously disruptive with three sacks, a tackle for loss and a batted-down pass, and he showed off a variety of pass-rushing moves. That's how he can perform when he's at his best. Harris had 9.0 sacks this season. A 6-3, 255-pound pass-rusher, Harris can stand up in a 3-4 or put his hand on the ground in a 4-3. He even moved inside to defensive tackle a few times to rush the quarterback. Last season, he led the SEC with 18.5 tackles for loss.

24. *Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

One of the most productive receivers in the country, Davis is a big-time playmaker for the 12-0 Broncos. He has 318 catches for 5,068 yards and 50 touchdowns in his career and he leads the country this season in receiving touchdowns (17). At 6-2, 212 pounds, Davis has ideal size and length to be a great NFL wideout. He has a chance to be really good, and I think he could be a lead option for an offense. He's considered one of the hardest workers on his team, too, and he really studies the game.

25. *Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

As I wrote on Monday, Charlton was the best defensive player on the field in Michigan's loss to Ohio State on Saturday. The 6-5, 270-pound defensive end had 2.5 sacks and nine total tackles, showing off a full arsenal of pass-rushing moves. He's up to 8.5 sacks this season despite missing two games earlier in the year because of an ankle injury. Charlton plays with good leverage for his height, has active hands and takes great angles when rushing quarterbacks. And he's helped by an incredible wingspan. Charlton showed Saturday that he can play on his feet, which means he could fit in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Gronk is having back surgery again, so... any good tight ends? Preferably without a history of terrible back problems?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
^^ did you watch last year's title game because o.j. howard lit it up

only one qb ? gently caress

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dang I want me some Tabor

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Njoku at the U is going to wreck poo poo as a TE in the NFL.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is Jake Butt actually going to be drafted or is he just a funny as gently caress name?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Jake Butt actually going to be drafted or is he just a funny as gently caress name?

He's been Michigan's most consistent offensive weapon for the past few years so I'd imagine he'll get a look.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

He is really good

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Alaois posted:

He's been Michigan's most consistent offensive weapon for the past few years so I'd imagine he'll get a look.

can't wait for the panthers to try to turn him into a wide receiver then

also fuuuuuck there's no way we're gonna get garrett

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mastershakeman posted:

^^ did you watch last year's title game because o.j. howard lit it up

only one qb ? gently caress

Take Kiper's rankings with a grain of salt. The man's an actual moron plus we're not even past bowl season yet. This time last year the top QBs were Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, and Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch was seriously getting talked up in the top 15.

Epi Lepi posted:

Probably top 50 right now but there are seriously a ton of TEs this year.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Probably top 50 right now but there are seriously a ton of TEs this year.

Is he better than Larry "Hey looks like I should fumble this" Donnell and Will "What's a block" Tye because if so gimme that booty

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Take Kiper's rankings with a grain of salt. The man's an actual moron plus we're not even past bowl season yet. This time last year the top QBs were Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, and Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch was seriously getting talked up in the top 15.

Kiper's hard to read, I believe he does actually care about his job and lives for this poo poo, even if he's memorably wrong in many cases. On the other hand he's never been afraid (and probably has become less so) to willingly put whatever bullshit sources are willing to feed him into his rankings.

Either way like every mock draft/big board in the world they're useless until the combine, then slightly less useless after, then worth paying attention to like the day before the draft.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Don't expect Febreeze to draw draft cards for any TEs because he's a jerk who hates TEs

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
excited for the giants to finally address the tight end position for the first time since black unicorn

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Don't expect Febreeze to draw draft cards for any TEs because he's a jerk who hates TEs

Hunter Henry needs a retroactive card because he is p handsome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hunter Henry needs a retroactive card because he is p handsome

Same

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

Kiper's hard to read, I believe he does actually care about his job and lives for this poo poo, even if he's memorably wrong in many cases. On the other hand he's never been afraid (and probably has become less so) to willingly put whatever bullshit sources are willing to feed him into his rankings.

Either way like every mock draft/big board in the world they're useless until the combine, then slightly less useless after, then worth paying attention to like the day before the draft.

Also pretty sure Kiper has to put out super early stuff because its content.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

If he hates tight ends then he would love my mom!

...wait, did I do that right? :confused:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

He was also very high on Wentz from the start. He was his #2 senior QB nearly all of the college season last year nad eventually took the top spot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

He was also very high on Wentz from the start. He was his #2 senior QB nearly all of the college season last year nad eventually took the top spot.

I was very high on Wentz and called him early on in the season too. Doesn't mean I'm any more right than he was. What irks me about Kiper is that his evaluations are nonsensical. He'll flip flop on opinions or give an example of the players physical talent that isn't being displayed on tape.

He'll also quote college stats a lot which irks the gently caress out of me. It just seems so lazy to bring up a RB's YPC or a DE's sack numbers instead of talking about the prospect. It's like he doesn't realize that college football is a completely different monster than professional. Prospects will perform completely based on situations outside of their control. Spread QBs will have insanely high accuracy ratings because they are usually hitting wide open guys on comeback and slant routes. RBs on teams with all 5-star o-linemen are of course going to gash defenses that are made up of 2-4 star d-linemen. Jadeveon Clowney's sack numbers were down his last college season because he was hurt and literally getting triple teamed. Kiper just doesn't take this crap into account when he does those clickbait ranks. Not his fault that he's got bills to pay and made a living based on his own efforts of popularizing the draft. I just think he's a lovely, knee jerk evaluator.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Derek Barnett will be a better pro than Miles Garrett, book it daddio

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

does he want to open a dinosaur museum though?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
jabril peppers isn't even close to being the best guy on his own defense. some idiot rear end gm is going to waste a top 10 pick on this idiot

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Last year someone posted a list of Kiper's mock drafts over the last few years and a "what if" if teams had followed his advice. It was a solid job by him, he knows his poo poo.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Doltos posted:

I was very high on Wentz and called him early on in the season too. Doesn't mean I'm any more right than he was. What irks me about Kiper is that his evaluations are nonsensical. He'll flip flop on opinions or give an example of the players physical talent that isn't being displayed on tape.

He'll also quote college stats a lot which irks the gently caress out of me. It just seems so lazy to bring up a RB's YPC or a DE's sack numbers instead of talking about the prospect. It's like he doesn't realize that college football is a completely different monster than professional. Prospects will perform completely based on situations outside of their control. Spread QBs will have insanely high accuracy ratings because they are usually hitting wide open guys on comeback and slant routes. RBs on teams with all 5-star o-linemen are of course going to gash defenses that are made up of 2-4 star d-linemen. Jadeveon Clowney's sack numbers were down his last college season because he was hurt and literally getting triple teamed. Kiper just doesn't take this crap into account when he does those clickbait ranks. Not his fault that he's got bills to pay and made a living based on his own efforts of popularizing the draft. I just think he's a lovely, knee jerk evaluator.

drat Buckle, quite a grain of :salt:

MY DRAFT BOARD

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

warcrimes posted:

Last year someone posted a list of Kiper's mock drafts over the last few years and a "what if" if teams had followed his advice. It was a solid job by him, he knows his poo poo.

Post it again because that'd be fun to see if this is at all true or not entirely subjective

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Maybe. Garrett is undoubtedly more physically talented but Barnett does all the right stuff. It's comparable to that Clemson situation last year with Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd. Garrett's first step looks like young Demarcus Ware and he has the strength to translate it to the next level. Barnett's a technician that can man gaps, close out the flats, stunt, rush the passer, or play the spy on the RB. He just seems not outstandingly athletic or quick though, and he does get lost on bigger blockers like in the Bama game.

I like Barnett but I just really like Garrett and am really excited to watch him in the NFL.

Oh and both were beat up by Cam Robinson sooo

Doltos fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 2, 2016

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Doltos posted:

Post it again because that'd be fun to see if this is at all true or not entirely subjective

http://www.phillyvoice.com/your-teams-first-round-picks-if-mel-kipers-initial-mock-drafts-were-100-accurate/

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Looks like a 50/50 or even worse bust to success rate for most teams which is bad considering how they only listed first round picks that were consensus top 150 players at the time of selection:

Kiper posted:

Eagles - LB Navorro Bowman, OT Gabe Carimi, LB Luke Kuechly, CB Dee Milliner, WR Kelvin Benjamin, CB Marcus Peters.

Cowboys - OT Bruce Campbell, CB Prince Amukamara, OG David DeCastro, OG Jonathan Cooper, S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, DT Jordan Phillips.

Redskins - QB Sam Bradford, QB Cam Newton, CB Morris Claiborne, DE Randy Gregory.

Giants - DE Carlos Dunlap, C Mike Pouncey, OT Zebrie Sanders, DE Sam Montgomery, LB C.J. Mosley, OG Brandon Scherff.

Eagles get a great LB, bust OT, great LB, bust CB, ok WR, great CB. Cowboys get a bust OT, ok CB, good OG, bust OG, ok S, and ok DT. Giants get a good DE, a good C, a bust OT, bust DE, ok LB, ok OG. Redskins get Bradford then set up their #1 pick with Cam Newton next year followed by a turnaround bust CB and a bust DE.

I could go through every division but I hope you guys are getting the point that Kiper is no better than a coin flip.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 2, 2016

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Doltos posted:

I could go through every division but I hope you guys are getting the point that Kiper is no better than a coin flip.

Do the NFC South. I'm pretty sure both Kiper and a coin flip are better than the actual GMs.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

For example:

Saints, Kiper:
DT Jared Odrick, LB Justin Houston, DT Johnathan Hankins, OT Antonio Richardson, DE Vic Beasley.

versus.

Saints, Loomis:
DE Cameron Jordan, DT Akiem Hicks [note, 3rd round for reasons], SS Kenny Vaccaro, WR Brandin Cooks, T Andrus Peat

...actually that does look better for Loomis than I thought, but the Kiper list looks pretty good too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears Kiper:
CB Aaron Williams, WR Michael Floyd, TE Tyler Eifert, DT Timmy Jernigan, S Landon Collins.

that's a lot loving better than what the bears drafted

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

Bears Kiper:
CB Aaron Williams, WR Michael Floyd, TE Tyler Eifert, DT Timmy Jernigan, S Landon Collins.

that's a lot loving better than what the bears drafted

Well, at least there would be 4 more players for Cutler to throw to in practice if those were the choices.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs:
OT Russell Okung, DT Stephen Paea, DT Devon Still, OT Luke Joeckel, DE Stephen Tuitt, Dorial Green-Beckham.

uh..... I think please don't listen to Kiper ever, thx.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Niners gonna manage to miss the number one pick and waste their pick anyway because nothing matters anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Again I think most people have a coinflip success rate at predicting prospects because prospects fail or succeed based on a myriad of reasons. What I don't like about Kiper is that his reasoning behind prospect rankings seem to be entirely click bait and influenced by media opinion, often his own in a desperate attempt to sound like he has exclusive information.

• Locked thread