Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
According to some sources Joe Mixon is climbing up draft boards. If he goes in the first round, gently caress the NFL. I would say that about any round but I don't have that much faith in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Rotoworld, on Christian McCaffery posted:

McCaffrey impressed in both athletic testing and drills at the NFL Scouting Combine several weeks ago. He has seen a subsequent ascension in his draft stock. Indeed, McShay's mock actually has him jumping over FSU RB Dalvin Cook, whom the analyst pegs to the Redskins at No. 17. McShay believes that McCaffrey's "elite character" could serve as a tiebreaker for some teams when deciding between Cook and C-Mac.

NFL teams are kind of dumb aren't they

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

He certainly doesn't have elite character though.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

What the gently caress even is elite character? Is he compelled to help every old lady he sees cross the street? If he passes a burning building does he always run in to save the family pet? Does his skin lack melanin? Does he volunteer for every church bake sale?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Could elite character be a detriment on the field? "Sorry coach, I could see he was having a rough day and he needed that tackle more than I needed those extra yards."

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Doltos posted:

Those superlatives are mind numbing sometimes but they do matter. It's a work environment. I'd generally hire a dude who the rest of the team would respond favorably to than one the rest of the team wouldn't. His teammates might not care about his 'elite character' but crotchety old coaches and the owner/decision makers might.

Ok I get that you want good character. That's obvious. The elite part is what my problem is. Either a guy is a good dude or he isn't. They just came up with a new way to make the white guy sound nicer.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

If fournette is available at the end of round 1 like in that mock the Panthers definitely trade up to get him. Guaranteed.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think Thomas could absolutely be a great 4-3 de. The better question is, at that point why not try to trade up to number 1 and take Garrett?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

This would be great tbh. Or trading down and taking Njoku.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Dane Brugler's annual draft guide is out. Good for full scouting reports on all the unknown 4-7th rounders you've never heard of.

http://myfootballnews.com/product/2017-Guide

he has mccafferey rated above fournette. I don't even know what that is

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think you can say he'll arguably be good, but I can't think of one thing he's done that Fournette doesn't do as well if not better other than catch out of the backfield.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Also he has Cook above both of them and I think he's probably number 3 on the list.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Dave is obsessed with measurables, no way does he take an RB with none at 8th overall.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think the concern is that fournette won't make it to 8.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

howard or adams

Run a two tight end set and find some running back to follow up jonathan stewart, or set up your secondary for the next five years

bing bong so simple

I don't think Adams would ever happen... DG doesn't seem to value safeties at all and we just signed Mike Adams so he's probably thinking "good enough."

But FUUUUUCKKKK I want Jamal Adams.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

No way Adams falls to 8 after running a sub 4.4. He might not fall past 3. Fournette might not fall past 5-6 since he also had a good Pro Day.

I think realistically it's Fournette if he is there, or one of the corners or DEs.

Corners won't happen either, at least not at 8. They would want to let worley get the chance to develop into a number 2 for at least one more year before going back to that well. I could definitely see Barnett being the pick if Fournette isn't available.

Also Fiz, I'm loling at the idea that shula could effectively use a 2 TE set.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

So does the 49ers losing Brock mean they're more likely to pick Lattimore at number 2?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm convinced that the Jonathan Allen shoulder rumor was Gettleman's doing and that he's their real number 1 target. That's the only way any of this makes sense. The Panthers value measurables far too much to go with McCaffery, especially with backs like Samaje and Kamara and Pumphery and Conner available in the later rounds. Same with the rumors that Jamal Adams is just a guy and nothing special.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 13, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

3 QBs go in the first 7 picks and the Panthers pick McAffery.....

i will need someone to talk to me for a while on skype

I would but it would be more of a vent session that leaves us both feeling lovely

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hard hitting stuff

You loving need it

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I like that mcginn draft. I like it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Please do it jags. That almost guarantees we won't take mccaffery

• Locked thread