Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

korrandark posted:

16.) Miami Dolphins

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

Lucky for teams like the Dolphins who have a need at the position, this is a loaded class with tight ends at the top. Howard, Michigan's Jake Butt and Virginia Tech's Bucky Hodges all look like top-40 picks. Howard's size-speed combination gives him a lot of upside, but his production has been streaky in Alabama's run-heavy offense.

I think that O.J. Howard is gonna be a guy that the Dolphins are gonna like a lot. He comes really remarkably well-prepared at pretty much all the nuances of the position that the coaching staff is going to want and it's a pretty important part of the offense in general, down to like types of blocks, common routes, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Jarrad Davis? I want Miami to draft him at 22.

I think he's a fit scheme-wise, but I don't know that they would like him over Foster or Cunningham.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think Peppers is going to have to have a role carved out for him, because what he can and can't do is kind of an awkward mix- what he does and doesn't do well in coverage is a problem.

Kenny Vaccaro is a good model- the Saints have him playing as an in-the-box SS and a Slot CB/SAM hybrid. They have a dedicated single-high safety, so they can disguise the coverages well and keep offensive players in front of him in zone, and pick and choose their match-ups in man coverage, and then give him run fits/blitzes off of the edge.

The safeties this year are interesting- there are a lot of interesting players but they need very specific scheme fits.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami should probably draft a linebacker or two but man I want OJ HOWARD so bad in this offense

I'd prefer them to take a TE in the draft, but it's quite possible the Jaguars might be cutting Julius Thomas and I think that's a pretty easy fit there.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

there are loads of examples of successful backs without good verticals.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Tight ends are fast this year. I don't know if Engram should really count since he might be a WR (if he does 4.43 at TE is ridiculous), but there were a bunch of other guys between 4.5 and 4.65.

Dude from Alabama's probably still easily the first off the board but Bucky Hodges from VT is doing some work with the physical tests and looked pretty good in the receiving drills to me too.

I think you can count Engram as a TE. He'll probably be a pretty garbage blocker at TE but within the standards of the NFL now.

The weird one for me is George Kittle. He doesn't play nearly as fast as he looks like on the field. Blocks like a motherfucker though.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think the thing with safety is in this draft is that they're all pretty much specialized players. There isn't an Eric Berry who can play whatever sub position or scheme you want.

There's like five guys who are in the first three rounds who are probably best fit as single high safety(or slot corner/single high). I'm not sure there's a huge market for that sub position. Are there a load of Cover-3 teams without a FS right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Ehud posted:

I will be happy if we draft some combination of LB/DE/CB in the first two rounds.

Here's the earlier round prospects they've met with so far:

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam
Jonathan Allen, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (PRO)
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (COM)
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State (PRI)
Jordan Willis, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas State (COM)
Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA (PRO)
Chris Wormley, DE/DT/3-4DE, Michigan (SR)

They met with almost everyone that they drafted before the later rounds last year, with the exception of Laremy Tunsil for obvious reasons. You can probably put together a rough draft board based on it.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 23, 2017

• Locked thread