Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
CB Joe Haden, WR A.J. Green, QB Robert Griffin III, WR Kendall Wright, DE Bjoern Werner, QB Blake Bortles, RB Carlos Hyde, DT Danny Shelton, OT Ereck Flowers.

No JFF or Brandon Weeden. I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

To be fair, out drafting the Browns ain't difficult

Yeah but from 2010 till now that is something like 4 different front offices.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think it's broadly defense-heavy, there are only a couple of guys right now who look like first round OTs and WR isn't much better. There are a bunch of running backs though, it's both good at the top and deep.

Of course it won't work out like that because teams will talk themselves into guys, but still it looks like a good year to need D.

:frogon:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

LOL at Browns draft an RB...or a OT or a LB or a S or a CB or a K or....

Though seriously, RB isn't a position of need. We need a line.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

Taking Cook over Hooker would be a travesty.

It would be pretty cool to get an awesome free safety.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

This is like the 3rd mock draft I've seen the Browns taking a RB at #12. Crow and Duke were a decent 1-2 punch. Why use that high a pick on a RB?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

extendedsolo posted:

They are going to trade #12 for Garropolo. Then the patriots will trade that pick for 2 more picks. One of those picks they get will be another HOF QB and the patriots will go on another 15 year run of greatness when Josh McDaniels takes over.

Kind of like when we were supposed to trade a 1st for Mallet every year he was on the Pats roster?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

No QB with 1 year on his rookie deal is garnering a pick in the teens. Even the Browns wouldn't do that. Garoppolo has also arguably proven the least of the available trades.

Maybe 31/32 + G for the 12 and a mid round pick would be an OK value.

That's what I am hoping for. This is a rare time I am OK with this trade.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

oldskool posted:

The only punter in the Hall of Fame was a first-round selection. :smugbert:

The Panthers shouldn't take a RB in the first not because "lol no RBs in the first" but because they need help at other positions more.

Please take a RB in the first, so the Browns don't. I think that would upset me more than a QB at #1.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who are the Pats going to take with #32?

No one, they are sending that and Jimmy G to the Browns in exchange for #12 and a 5th.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

oldskool posted:

hello, yes, #1 seed in the NFC? please trade for me so I can play for you instead of a team that, were it not to fire its head coach after next season, would have the same coach for 3 straight seasons for the first time since 2008.

This is going to turn into Eli Manning / John Elway BS isn't it?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Cool we got a third for Alex Mack, not cool we got Jamie Collins for Alex Mack.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Sure you can get an RB in free agency. But not a good one. Not a young one. Not one that will change the game for you. Idk if fournette can but you can't deny he looks like a world beater.

You can get Crowell for a 2nd.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

midwat posted:

Are we sure that "failed to turn around the Cleveland Browns in one year" is a blemish? That franchise is to executives what Afghanistan is to empires.

He fired a coach after 1 year then got canned himself after turning Berea into the most toxic front office in the league. All because he was convinced that McDaniels was going to come to Cleveland who then declined to interview.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

You can't win with a team full of choir boys. I'd take Mixon at 3-1 if he is there and no better option is available.

Why draft another RB?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

He is a first round pick without the wife beating part, an elite talent. Crow and Duke are just OK IMHO, we could use an elite back to go with our new O-line, but maybe just going all D and 1 WR is the plan for now?

Crow was getting almost 5ypc behind that dumpster fire of a line last year, I think he can do better especially if we stay in games longer and he gets fed the ball more than 20 times a game. And Duke is a great compliment to him. I see no reason on upsetting that balance.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

fan of the browns posted:

God, the Browns are gonna draft Trubisky and I'm gonna be so mad.

You know they want a hometown guy to replace Bernie. They will always try and do this.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The Lombardi GM'd Browns had Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. Lombardi added Hoyer and Campbell. Yup should listen to ths.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Weeden wasn't a 3 year starter and only proves Lombardi's methodology is sound. :colbert:

Or Weeden just...sucked?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

5 for 12, 52, and our lowest 2018 2nd? Would you do it? Probably a little much but I would.

What do we want at 5?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Diqnol posted:

I find it interesting that you're willing to call Carr a success already but Wentz is conspicuously missing from this post. Also the argument that maybe Bortles is ok.

Because Wentz isn't a success or failure yet???

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Welcome to Cleveland, Johnny Mitch!

Round up all bums in Berea and within one mile of the stadium.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

Wew lads, only 13.5 hours left to see if the Browns are gonna do the dumbest thing ever.

C'Mon Sashi don't let Jimmy throw his weight around

Flikken fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Intruder posted:

IMO the Texans just closed their window

Time to rebuild. Trade JJ and Clowney and Nuk

Yes, please tank next year.

• Locked thread