Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Alaois posted:

yes please, someone draft Brady Gustafson in the first round, surely this time drafting a super tall white QB will work out

The jury's still out on mike glennon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Jabrill Peppers officially declared today by the way. Could be one of three safeties in the top 10/15.

At least I assume he's a safety in the NFL

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I like what i've seen from Kaaya. I feel like he's worth a 2nd round pick and could be a decent starter early on. Too bad he's fron the ACC and probably trash

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Do not trade for Jimmy G. The 12th pick could get you a good starter on defense or the o-line. If I'm the Browns I would much rather take my chances on whoever is around in the 2nd at QB whether its Kaaya, Kizer, or even Allen from Montana.

Speaking of QBs, is Patrick Mahomes any good? I've seen his name pop up in different discussions but I'm also seeing him rated as just a late round project with terrible mechanics.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

He's the toolsiest of tools guys, I love him as a developmental pick. He's probably going to rise up way higher than he should go and not get the chance to sit and develop though, he's going to need time. In addition to everything air raid his footwork in particular is just completely awful, and his arm is good enough that he sees no problem throwing off his back foot across his body, which isn't going to fly at the next level and frankly got him into trouble at Tech way too often.

There's a quote I can't find right now from Patrick Mahomes Sr (his dad, who is a character himself) about one of Aaron Rodgers ridiculous throws: "Holy poo poo there's only two guys on the planet that can make that throw, and I'm proud to say my son is one of those motherfuckers." He might be more right than wrong, the problem is Mahomes is willing to try that poo poo constantly with not great mechanics. The good news is most of his stuff is in theory fixable with good coaching and time to learn.

e: Put it this way, I want the Chiefs to draft him, but if they do I want Alex Smith to finish out his contract that ends after 2018.

Sounds like the type of guy someone will definitely reach for. I think the Cardinals would be a good fit if not the Chiefs

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Casserly isn't alone in that opinion. With more mocks popping up with Watson in the late first it seems we've fully entered the post championship cool down period:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000782360/article/move-the-sticks-notes-teams-divided-about-deshaun-watson

quote:

Teams are split on Deshaun Watson -- some believe he would be a good late first- or early second-round pick, while others think he is a long-term project who should be a middle-round pick. Of course, all of these folks said they wouldn't be surprised if he went much higher than that -- however, they believe choosing him that high would be a mistake.

I couldn't find a scout or executive who was excited about DeShone Kizer or Mitch Trubisky.

It will be interesting to see how the QB section of the board looks after the combine. Someone like Mahomes or Allen could really jump up the board if they impress. I'm still on the Kaaya bandwagon

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Chichevache posted:

No, but if he gets to start the whole season he's going to end up on the Madden cover.

He'll have a statue outside of Lambeau or Gillette Stadium by 2025.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I really wanted Tre'Davious White to fall to GB but now that its not possible I really really want Dalvin Cook

• Locked thread