Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Are there any non-garbage QBs in this draft

Let's fix our line for Lamar next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Requesting write up of OT's please.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Derek Barnett will be a better pro than Miles Garrett, book it daddio

does he want to open a dinosaur museum though?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

korrandark posted:

19.) Houston Texans

Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn*

Not many pass-rushers in this class can match Lawson's combination of production, upside and intangibles. He's a film junkie who posted an astounding 24 QB hurries and nine sacks this season. Plus, he's an elite run defender. Lawson's medical reports will be critical; he endured back-to-back injury-plagued seasons in 2014 and 2015.

Why the gently caress does he have us taking a lb, The position we literally need the least. I don't think these big draft guys watch any football at either the college or NFL level.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

The same school that saw this video and let him play also kicked out Tyreek Hill.

I'm going to guess there were extenuating circumstances.

Edit: no wait same state not same school. Whatever. More proof Oklahoma is terrible.

Oklahoma is the school that kept a guy who kidnapped his girlfriend and threatened to murder her with a screw driver.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

Ugh this is why I have to do this every year. You got this all backwards.

The strongest name this year belongs to Bart Houston of Wisconsin. The runner ups are Mason Rudolph, Chad Kelly, Brady Gustafson, and an honorable mention to Brad Kaaya. It's tough having a vowel last name as a QB if you're not Italian but Mariota is bucking the recent trends. Kizer is a Brown's tier name and Watson is completely underwhelming with Deshaun as the pairing.

Edit: I forgot Gunner Kiel but so did most of the nation

has Gunner Kiel been playing for 10 seasons?

Also why are people hyping a Tech QB?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hack showed a lot of leadership when he blamed Franklin for all his gently caress ups at Penn State

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Garrett had a ankle injury basically all season but they kept putting him in games early and he'd tweak it again.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Raku posted:

Does Garrett actually do anything particularly well besides pass rush? I feel like whenever he played a run heavy team he just disappeared.

Most teams ran away from him throughout the year but if my memory is right he was a stand out when they did run his way.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Williams though...

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Aren't safeties usually required to cover people?

PFF says he's allowed completions on 20 out of 27 passes thrown his way

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 11, 2017

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kirios posted:

Which QB has a chance of dropping to 25 for the Texans? Brad Kaaya?

Don't get your hopes up man, just don't

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

There's no way Rick Smith admits he's wrong and drafts a qb this year

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea or Romo. The Texans could easily pull a Denver and take the aging QB to the Superbowl. Plus Tony might actually be able to hit Hopkins consistently.

He'll be a one year rental at best. We're gonna need a new Tackle, Guard and Center at least.

Edit: Maybe not Center I remember we drafted one last year but he went down with an injury. But Newton is dead and Jeff Allen is a loving bum

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 15, 2017

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It's funny how after a year people have moved from calling Bortles a future elite to a bust.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

I still remember how Louis Nix went in the first round of the goon draft, the middle of the third round in the real draft, and never played a down of regular season football for the Texans

i loved my av of him :(

I still dunno if we have a NT for the post-Wilfork days.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

buzz off kid

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Williams in last years NCG was one of the coolest games I've seen from a college WR.

or at least that's how i remember it. I haven't gone back to watch it.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 7, 2017

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Butt Broke

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Am I reading that wrong that it says he tied them together with the chain?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Colleges care about winning too much. In an NFL development league there'd be a whole lot less gimmick offenses I imagine.

Edit: beaten with less words...

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

What's a gimmick offense? :allears:

Big 12 sissy stuff

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I dunno if I should be happy that there'll be no qb available for the Texans to reach for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That's an odd way to express hype.

I've moved on and now want Kizer over Mahomes for no real reason. If we do draft him though I'm buying a Prussian war helm.

• Locked thread