Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The report's source is "a rival scout" aka bullshit. Not saying it can't happen, just that the article is even more worthless than most draft speculation news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

The jets are going to draft him and he's going to be Bad.

Nah, Jets are gonna stick to their guns and hope Christian Hackenburg can suddenly throw an accurate pass. Then next year, when there are actual good QB's to draft and the Jets have the 1st overall pick, they'll take a defense linemen because they haven't "given Hackenburg a chance".

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Intruder posted:

Kollman made a video about why Houston had themselves a monster in Ryan Mallett so I've kinda fallen off caring about his stuff

He did a video on Hackenberg that was so filled with bullshit excuse making and praise for what little he did well that it's become a meme on the jets sbnation site. "Here's Hackenberg making an audible (god he's so smart), temple then adjusts the defense to a perfect counter of his audible and sacks him, thus proving the genius of my favorite qb for this draft."

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

His plan is to draft a QB every year until they find a decent one, no we don't need to make sure they aren't terrible before we spend high draft capital on them.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

If I were an owner, I would not hire GM unless they agreed with me on these two points re: drafting quarterbacks:

1. Sitting them to learn is really dumb
2. If their best attribute is their arm strength, they are really bad

Mostly agree, though I'd be more lenient about the first point after the first two rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I prefer Hooker to Adams though I'd be fine with either. I'd also be happy to see us trade down if neither of them are available. I just really don't like any of these QBs.

• Locked thread