Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

I could really see the Raiders looking at MLB/OT/RB

MrLogan posted:

Same. Also maybe a OLB to play the weakside.

McKenzie is not going to draft a MLB or RB in the first round.

Paperback Writer posted:

I would be so down for a first round OT.

This is a distinct possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

I can see him taking a RB in the first if Murray is allowed to walk and the talent is there.

This isn't me guessing or wishful thinking, this is RM's philosophy as reported over the last couple years by local media. He's drafted two RBs in his four years here, both were late(5+) round picks. Add in Richard, an UDFA and you have the Raiders have the #5 rushing offense in the league for minimal investment in the RB position. He also follows Ted Thompson's philosophy of not using a high pick on a MLB. That so many "experts" picked the Raiders to draft Reggie Ragland last year was pretty comical. Perry Riley has been a revelation is further vindication of this way thinking.

Paperback Writer posted:

Christian McCaffrey gonna be a Raider

He'd make a great slot receiver/return man. I'd put his value around the fourth round.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

He did draft Clay Matthews

Matthews is an OLB

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

He's struggling this year because referees are letting defenses tee off on his head because they don't treat him like other quarterbacks

:laffo:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Kiper's hard to read, I believe he does actually care about his job and lives for this poo poo, even if he's memorably wrong in many cases. On the other hand he's never been afraid (and probably has become less so) to willingly put whatever bullshit sources are willing to feed him into his rankings.

Either way like every mock draft/big board in the world they're useless until the combine, then slightly less useless after, then worth paying attention to like the day before the draft.

Last year someone posted a list of Kiper's mock drafts over the last few years and a "what if" if teams had followed his advice. It was a solid job by him, he knows his poo poo.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Dr. Capco posted:

Last year was supposed to be a weak QB draft and Goff/ Wentz still went 1 and 2. I want the QB hype train to start up again.

uh, not it wasn't.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This is a given. Remember how Jared Goff was a pro-ready prospect according to talking heads? It's in the NFL and the media's best interest for a QB to go #1

jesus you guys are loving stupid.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

"let me use this one bad play to affirm that a guy sucks" - goons

Worked for Hackenberg

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Doltos posted:

You realize the leading rusher in the NFL this year was taken 5th overall, right?

You being purposely obtuse here?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

and the 2nd leading rusher , who didn't even start for 3 games, was in the 5th round. behind a way worse offensive line

No poo poo. Don't draft an RB in the top five.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/1043TheFan/status/829046281364525062

Lol yes pls

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Pumphrey in the 4th is gonna make a team very happy

He was the consensus "most disappointing player" at the senior bowl. Too small and got blown the gently caress up when pass blocking.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

korrandark posted:

:siren: Todd McShay 2.0 Mock Draft :siren:

24: Oakland Raiders, 12-4

Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

At 6-foot-2 and 238 pounds, Davis' best fit is at weak-side linebacker. He's an explosive athlete with great range who profiles as an every-down player in the NFL. He could also play middle linebacker if he bulked up a bit. Oakland has needs at both positions and could use a Kwon Alexander-type player like Davis at the second level.

If Malik McDowell is gone by 24, I'm down with this pick. Immediate start at Will

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

extendedsolo posted:

I think he's trying to trick the Browns into not drafting him so he falls to a team that is good. Jones is a loving idiot if he trades up to #1 for Garrett. I mean you are looking at romo plus the top end of last years Goff trade. I guess if the Cowboys feel like they are close do it, but I think they need more depth than one guy on defense. Oh yeah, and their coach is an imbecile who will screw everything up anyway so whatever

The Cowboys need a pass rushing DE more than anything, Garrett's a perfect fit but this trade is never happening.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

89 posted:

Tell me how the Eagles WR core would be like if we signed Alshon and drafted Corey Davis

I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh at whichever team signs Alshon.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

swickles posted:

Hey guys, I was thinking about how we try to do a mock draft every year and how we usually only get through two or three rounds and that takes almost the whole off season. I have a team based idea in mind. Basically instead of each person picking one team and drafting for them, everyone picks between 2 and 4 teams that they follow. No picking a rival just to take a punter in the first, at least take this a little serious or else it won't be interesting or fun. So for instance, I would take the Steelers, the Dolphins, and Jags. My man Ehud, living in the Carolinas and loving all things Henne takes the Dolphins, Panthers, and Jags. Febreeze takes the Giants and Seahawks. Basically, you pick a team that you root for and a team or two or three that you follow either because of geography or you have to draw them every drat week. Each "team" chats about overall strat, develops a big board, whatever. If the pick is up and you get to the computer, you make it and we move on. Instead of waiting 24-48 hours for a single guy to make a pick, you have hopefully 3 or 4 people all on the same plane of thinking who has the power to make the pick. Sound good?

Last couple years we've gotten to the fifth round

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Sataere posted:

If he runs well, I think he locks down the top ten.

There's a decent chance he falls to the bottom half of the draft, if not completely out of the first round.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

:allears:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

There was some discussion of it a while back. I ran last year's and it went pretty well, so I'd be willing to do it again if no one else wants to do it. I think I started the actual drafting at the end of March/start of April, and we got into the fifth round.

Hell yes.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

fsif posted:

Thanks Daltos, wouldn't want to get draft insights from someone without credentials.

:allears:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

There have been a lot of times I've thought Daltos should shut up but never in the draft thread

Haha funniest post in the thread

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Unemployed

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ehud posted:

I don't see how Cook goes that high given his combine performance.

I'm more concerned about his 3 shoulder surgeries

edit: another mock!

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/841729401888870400

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 14, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I don't see the Giants taking an RB at 23 given that there's a better chance you find someone in the later rounds. Would much rather they take a stab at getting a TE to help diversify passing sets

PFF slotted OJ Howard to the Giants

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/844492145197273088

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

TheFlyingLlama posted:

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the next julius peppers or anything, but freak athletes with any pass rushing moves outside of speed rushes at the collegiate level are rare enough

Yeah, that's some nitpicky critique-ing

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 30, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChatSports/status/847520302770774016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

If they ever get up to a Monster Manual 7, these are all names that will be pulled out of it.

"Leering ruefully over the garden hedge is a beast with green skin and wild tassels atop its narrowing head. It menaces with rows of yellow niblets. Greg, what does your rogue do?"

I'm not a rogue, I'm a money hunter. It's a totally different class. Anyway, I stealth up to it and sneak attack."

"Okay, roll stealth."

"Aaaand 19." :smug:

"It hears you."

"What, gently caress you how does it notice me with a 19?"

"It's a giant ear." :haw:

"Oh loving hell, come on."

"The Corn Elder summons corn and advances. Who's next?"

:byodood: "WESSSSSSTOONNN SSSTEEEELHAMMMMERRRRR!"

This is good poo poo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

zimbomonkey posted:

he has mccafferey rated above fournette. I don't even know what that is

Not sure why this is a crazytime evaluation, McCafferey is going to be a really good pro

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

zimbomonkey posted:

I think you can say he'll arguably be good, but I can't think of one thing he's done that Fournette doesn't do as well if not better other than catch out of the backfield.

He broke the NCAA record for all purpose yards two years ago. He's a multi-purpose threat that isn't 5'9". It's a legit debate.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

I think you can make a pretty good argument that Cook is a better fit and better player, but woof that combine.

I'd be more worried about his multiple shoulder injuries and fumbling issues. Oh yeah, and he's a scumbag.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

here's something that might catch on:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/848380736994504704

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Diqnol posted:

Mccaffery is going to end up a WR isn't he.

No.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

hot take central itt

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Than you take cook.

Mccaffery would be good for someone like belichick or reid. Its retarded putting him in Shula's offense.

Cook is a walking IR list attendee

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_Draft/status/851882942615998465

https://twitter.com/LukeEasterling/status/851887776677203970

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I looked it up, apparently 2016 is looking catastrophically bad. They might be good numbers guys but know gently caress-all about evaluating talent.

Lol this is not true at all

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'd argue that Manziel being out of the league after only 8 starts is more about him being a walking disaster than being a below-average NFL quarterback.

Nah, he's a poo poo NFL QB, too

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

kiimo posted:

I mean he ran a 4.48 40? Cuz he looks way slower, weaker and less shifty than Cook or Fournette. Not to mention a touch primadonna. And I'm supposed to be excited about him because he can catch passes? Ugh.

scorching.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Diqnol posted:

I find it interesting that you're willing to call Carr a success already but Wentz is conspicuously missing from this post. Also the argument that maybe Bortles is ok.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Tyler Palko beat out Joe Flacco for the starting QB job at Pitt

TFF has this strange outlook that players can't improve

• Locked thread