Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kiper's latest big board:

quote:

1. *Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Garrett has had a frustrating season, hampered by a high ankle sprain he suffered in late September. The injury has taken away some of the explosion that makes him such a promising talent. But when he's on -- the way he was against UTSA in mid-November, when he had 4.5 sacks -- he's a brilliant, natural pass-rusher. The injury shouldn't affect Garrett's draft status, as long as it doesn't linger past January. At 6-foot-5, 265 pounds, he has the length, strength and ability to bend the edge. I think he's a top-five lock in April.

2. *Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

Fournette, too, hasn't had an ideal season, as he has struggled with a gimpy ankle and missed four games. Don't worry about him, though. Fournette's really special when he's healthy. At 6-1, 235 pounds, he has an incredible combination of size, speed and power that can make him look like a varsity player hanging with the JV. Mileage was a concern heading into the season, so the ankle injury could benefit him in NFL scouts' eyes. He had a whopping 300 carries in 2015, and he has only 129 this season.

3. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

Allen is consistently great for the Crimson Tide. He has seven sacks this season after having 12 in 2015. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Allen's performance against Texas A&M, in which he had a signature sack and returned a fumble for a touchdown. Defensive end, defensive tackle -- Allen can play anywhere on the line, and coach Nick Saban loves him. By April, he could be in the mix for the top pick.

4. Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

Foster is a big-time inside linebacker, and he might have been Alabama's best linebacker last season. Yes, better than Reggie Ragland, who went in the second round to the Bills in this year's draft and whom I had as the No. 24-ranked prospect. Foster (6-1, 240) has more range, runs sideline to sideline and is a more complete player. Expect him to follow in the footsteps of inside linebackers from Alabama who have gone in the first round, such as Rolando McClain, Dont'a Hightower and C.J. Mosley.

5. **Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

Peppers won't win the Heisman, but there's a case to be made that he is the most valuable player in college football. He's the best prospect on one of the best defenses in the country -- Michigan is giving up only 12.5 points per game. And Peppers (6-foot, 210 pounds) is also playing some offense -- running the ball and catching passes -- and is a dynamic returner, too. Could he become a Deone Bucannon type of linebacker at the next level? I expect him to test off the charts at the NFL combine.

6. *Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Adams has been a huge part of LSU's defensive success, even if it doesn't show on the stat sheet (one interception, one sack). The Tigers rank seventh in the country in points allowed per game (16.4). Adams (6-1, 213) has great bloodlines -- his dad, George Adams, was the No. 19 overall pick in the 1985 NFL draft -- and he is built for today's NFL as a versatile safety who can play in the box effectively, make tackles against the run and move to the edges and track slot receivers. There is a premium on these monsterbacks.

7. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Williams, the top-ranked prospect in my preseason Big Board, does one thing incredibly well: rush the passer. And that's what NFL teams are looking for. He's a fantastic pass-rushing talent who can be unblockable at times. But Williams showed some of his other talents in the Crimson Tide's victory over LSU on Nov. 5. I wrote about his day, in which he showed that he can adequately take on blockers and play the run. I feel much better about his all-around game. After 10.5 sacks in 2015, when he played only about 20 percent of Alabama's defensive snaps, Williams (6-4, 250) has eight sacks this season.

8. *Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

Cook (5-11, 213) is a home run hitter who can turn small creases into massive gains. He has eight 100-yard games in his last nine games. Cook is averaging 6.0 yards per carry this season -- after averaging 7.4 in 2015 -- and he has surpassed his catch total from last season, with 30 receptions for 426 yards. With good hands and the ability to find and pick up blitzes, he's versatile. He has a whopping 39 touchdowns in the past two seasons.

9. Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA

Pac-12 offensive tackles had nightmares this season about McKinley, who is a dominant speed rusher. At 6-2, 240, he's not huge, but his explosion off the line is suited for today's NFL. A former junior-college player, McKinley has really come on as a senior -- he has 10 sacks and three forced fumbles. McKinley has impressed me with his motor, too, even while dealing with multiple injuries.

10. *Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Barnett has been stellar after a slow start to the season. He has 12 sacks, and he even had an interception in a loss to Alabama. At 6-3, 265 pounds, Barnett is an all-around defender who beats double-teams, makes plays in the run game and gets after quarterbacks. I see him as a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL, not a 3-4 outside linebacker, but that shouldn't hurt his value. He's a really good player.

11. **Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

This is the year of the third-year sophomore, and Ohio State has two really good ones who could jump to the draft, including Buckeyes safety Malik Hooker, who was in an earlier Big Board. At 6-1, 190, Lattimore is a first-year starter who struggled because of a hamstring injury during his first two years in Columbus. He has been fantastic this season, standing out in a group of talented defenders. He tackles well and has locked down receivers; he has four interceptions. The cornerback class for the 2017 draft could be special, and Lattimore is in the top tier.

12. *D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Foreman, who declared for the draft Wednesday, rushed for 2,028 yards this season, tops in the country. He was a huge portion of Texas' offense this season -- he had 323 carries, which also led the country, and 15 touchdowns. At 6-1, 249 pounds, he's a big back, but he showed enough speed to break away from defenders. I'll be interested to see what he runs at the combine. Foreman is also a very capable blocker, and I think he could be a three-down back in the NFL. One issue: with only 13 catches in three seasons, we still don't know much about his hands.

13. *Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

This isn't a great class for top-tier blindside protectors, and some of that has to do with the lack of seniors. The first senior in my list of the top 10 offensive tackles comes in at No. 6. Robinson, a junior, was a starter from day one at Alabama, and he has already a known commodity around the NFL. At 6-6, 327 pounds, he's battle-tested and extremely consistent. I still think he'd be better as a right tackle in the NFL -- he's a better run-blocker than he is a pass-blocker -- but he's probably going to get a shot on the left side. He has the talent to be a top-10 pick and the first tackle off the board.

14. *Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Williams, my No. 1 receiver, has great burst and speed for his size (6-2, 225). He has put behind him the scary neck injury that prematurely ended his 2015 season, and he's back to being Deshaun Watson's go-to target. He has 79 catches for 1,114 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, including three scores in the Tigers' rout of South Carolina last Saturday. He had more than 1,000 receiving yards as a sophomore in 2014 while averaging a whopping 18.1 yards per catch.

15. *Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

McDowell, who drops a few spots here, suffered an ankle injury in the Spartans' loss to Illinois in early November and missed the last three games of the season, as 3-9 Michigan State won't make a bowl game. He has had some growing pains, but the talent is there. He is a fantastic athlete with a 6-6, 290-pound frame. Production has been his issue -- McDowell had 1.5 sacks this season and only 7.5 in his career. He's an elite-level prospect, though, and he could be a top-15 pick.

16. *Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

I've been looking for a quarterback to make the leap this season, and I found it in Trubisky, who has been one of the best signal-callers in the country in his first year as the full-time starter. Trubisky (6-3, 220) is completing 68.9 percent of his passes, even with the nightmare game while playing in Hurricane Matthew in which he was just 13-of-33. He has 28 touchdown passes and only four interceptions. He throws a nice ball, has some touch and velocity, and is mobile, too. He has five rushing touchdowns. He could be the first quarterback off the board in April.

17. *John Ross, WR, Washington

After major knee injuries cost him most of the 2014 season and all of 2015, Ross has been sensational for the Huskies this season. He has 72 catches for 1,071 yards and 16 touchdowns, plus two more TDs on a kick return and rush. He's a speedster. You won't find many players in college football -- or the NFL -- faster than Ross, who reportedly ran a hand-timed 4.25 40-yard dash in March. And that speed shows on tape, as he consistently blows by Pac-12 defenders. Ross is only 5-11, 190, but he's not a guy who has to play in the slot. He can play outside at the next level, as he does at Washington.

18. *Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

Brantley was featured as my "prospect on the rise" after Florida beat LSU. He was sensational in that game, with three tackles for loss and a forced fumble. A fourth-year junior, Brantley's issue is consistency. At 6-2, 300 pounds, he flashes the upside and talent of a top-10 pick. But he only had 3.5 tackles for loss in the nine games before the win over LSU and he isn't dependably disruptive, though he did have another two tackles for loss in Florida's loss to Florida State. Maybe the lightbulb has come on now. Brantley could be a bigger name in the NFL than he was in college.

19. **Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

At 6-1, Humphrey is a big, lockdown corner. He had three interceptions as a redshirt freshman last season and was a key playmaker for the national champs. He has two interceptions this season, and the first was returned for a touchdown in the Tide's beatdown of USC in Week 1. Humphrey has great bloodlines: His father, Bobby, was a big-time running back at Alabama who was picked by the Broncos in the first round of the 1989 supplemental draft.

20. *Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

Tabor just makes plays. He showed up in big moments every time I turned on last season's tape, breaking up passes and locking down receivers. He returned two interceptions for touchdowns in 2015. He's all over the field this season, too. You could argue that Tabor was the most consistently effective Florida cornerback last season, and Vernon Hargreaves III went No. 11 overall to the Bucs. Tabor has four interceptions this season, including a 39-yard touchdown return vs. Missouri.

21. *Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Hodges is an unbelievable athlete. He was a quarterback in high school, and I think he'll be one of the fastest tight ends of the past few years when he runs at the combine. At 6-7, 245 pounds, he is imposing. He's productive, too, with 127 catches and 20 touchdowns in his career. In a great tight end class, Hodges might be the best.

22. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

Howard hasn't been a prolific pass-catcher at Alabama, including only 35 catches this season, but he has all the tools scouts look for in an NFL tight end. At 6-6, 250, he is going to light up the NFL combine. He can stretch the deep middle of the field and become a more dynamic weapon. He could be a playmaker in the NFL. Just look at last season's national title game, in which he had 208 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

23. *Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

Harris has moved up and down on my Big Board a couple of times because his play has been up and down. The highlight of his season was his effort in the Tigers' loss to Georgia in September. He was tremendously disruptive with three sacks, a tackle for loss and a batted-down pass, and he showed off a variety of pass-rushing moves. That's how he can perform when he's at his best. Harris had 9.0 sacks this season. A 6-3, 255-pound pass-rusher, Harris can stand up in a 3-4 or put his hand on the ground in a 4-3. He even moved inside to defensive tackle a few times to rush the quarterback. Last season, he led the SEC with 18.5 tackles for loss.

24. *Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

One of the most productive receivers in the country, Davis is a big-time playmaker for the 12-0 Broncos. He has 318 catches for 5,068 yards and 50 touchdowns in his career and he leads the country this season in receiving touchdowns (17). At 6-2, 212 pounds, Davis has ideal size and length to be a great NFL wideout. He has a chance to be really good, and I think he could be a lead option for an offense. He's considered one of the hardest workers on his team, too, and he really studies the game.

25. *Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

As I wrote on Monday, Charlton was the best defensive player on the field in Michigan's loss to Ohio State on Saturday. The 6-5, 270-pound defensive end had 2.5 sacks and nine total tackles, showing off a full arsenal of pass-rushing moves. He's up to 8.5 sacks this season despite missing two games earlier in the year because of an ankle injury. Charlton plays with good leverage for his height, has active hands and takes great angles when rushing quarterbacks. And he's helped by an incredible wingspan. Charlton showed Saturday that he can play on his feet, which means he could fit in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Take Kiper's rankings with a grain of salt. The man's an actual moron plus we're not even past bowl season yet. This time last year the top QBs were Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, and Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch was seriously getting talked up in the top 15.

He was also very high on Wentz from the start. He was his #2 senior QB nearly all of the college season last year nad eventually took the top spot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I would like the Panthers to trade down because I think they're in a pretty good spot for it but Dave falls in love with players and if his dude is there he pounces :smith:

What DT will it be this year?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't really speculate on possible trade scenarios. The Panthers have the entire local press on lock, and they don't really do their negotiating through the press like oh I dunno Dallas, so we don't know what was and wasn't offered.

My main point is Gettleman is pretty outspoken about taking whomever the best SPARQ athletes are no matter what.

Maybe the collapse this year doesn't happen if they hadn't spent their last two first rounders on depth at their strongest positions.

Now again maybe it's unfair because Vernon got turf toe, and maybe Davis is just a strong breeze away from collapse. But maaaaaaaaan this would be a better team with Landon Collins and oh I dunno, Hunter Henry.

Thankfully you guys didn't get Collins. I don't like that scenario at all. What ever happened to Funchess? Thought he was supposed to break out this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Are we going to do the Goon Mock Draft this year?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kiper Mock 2.0

quote:

1. Cleveland Browns, 1-15

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M*

I've made a bunch of changes in this mock from the 1.0 version. This isn't one of them. It's not out of the question that this pick could factor into the future at quarterback for the Browns, whether that's a drafted QB or one they acquire via trade. But Garrett is, right now, clearly the No. 1 player in this draft class and would be an immediate help at a position where having an elite player on a rookie contract is like stealing.

2. San Francisco 49ers, 2-14

Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina*

Like the Browns, the 49ers could also use this pick to solve the quarterback question either via drafting a player or trading for one. Given the current state of the rebuild, I suspect they're more likely to draft a quarterback or move down for more picks. Trubisky is my top-rated QB and the likeliest of the current crop to land here. Also, don't be so sure that Kyle Shanahan doesn't want to work with a young QB. He worked with a young Kirk Cousins and did some good things with Brian Hoyer.

3. Chicago Bears, 3-13

Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama

I've heard a lot of people discuss whether this pick is worth, say, acquiring a player like Jimmy Garoppolo. I think it's worth remembering that Chicago doesn't have to be in the "Garoppolo or bust" camp. They could try to acquire Tony Romo. They could look to sign Tyrod Taylor, Mike Glennon or another free agent. In any event, I see them as more likely to find a veteran QB and go with a great defensive player here. Allen qualifies as a defensive lineman who can be moved around and create disruption.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars, 3-13

Jamal Adams, S, LSU*

This might be a high draft slot for the traditional version of safety, but Adams is more than that. He's a true hybrid who never has to come off the field, because he can run extremely well and cover but also is a beast as an in-the-box defender. The Giants saw Landon Collins break out this year, and Adams has that kind of potential.

5. Tennessee Titans, 9-7 (from Rams)

Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State**

I went back and forth here between Lattimore and Mike Williams, the wide receiver out of Clemson. I settled on Lattimore, and I think the Titans could end up with the best cornerback on their board here. They had a heck of a time covering anybody last season, and cornerbacks cost a mint in free agency (and you won't find great ones there anyway). Lattimore isn't going to come in as an All-Pro, but the potential is significant, and the Titans need bodies.

6. New York Jets, 5-11

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU*

"Wait ... what?" I can hear you. Let me explain. The Jets do have a QB problem to solve, but that seems more likely to come in free agency after they took a QB in Round 2 just last year. They could also draft a defender here, but the top cornerback is off the board. So why Fournette? For one, if they truly go with the best player available here, there's a real chance it's him, just as Ezekiel Elliott was for Dallas at No. 4 last year. Secondly, they know they can get a ton of reps from Fournette right now, and this is a team that needs to be better.

7. Los Angeles Chargers, 5-11

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State**

The Chargers will be getting back the ballhawk who left town when Eric Weddle went to the Ravens last year. One thing that makes Hooker particularly interesting here is that the Chargers already have one of the great pass-rushers in the NFL in Hooker's former teammate Joey Bosa. Hooker is the type of player who can help a great pass rush produce points going the other way on errant throws.

8. Carolina Panthers, 6-10

Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

The Panthers need a pass-rusher, and Charlton has put himself in this value range. He closed the season on an absolute tear as a pass-rusher, and he doesn't just do it with speed. He offers legitimate size that you'd typically look for in a 4-3 edge defender, with length and weighing just a hair under 280 pounds.

9. Cincinnati Bengals, 6-9-1

Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

Age is starting to catch up to the Bengals in spots on defense, and speed at linebacker has been an issue for a couple of years. At about 240 pounds, Foster isn't a lightweight at linebacker but has the range of a speedy hybrid type. He can fly to the sidelines, and he's an explosive tackler. The Bengals get younger at linebacker and an immediate starter.

10. Buffalo Bills, 7-9

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson*

This is obviously based on the idea that Tyrod Taylor would be playing somewhere else. We'll be able to say that definitively, one way or the other, in March. If there's a big question here, it's whether Watson is any more ready to start in year one than a quarterback who's currently on the roster. I think the Bills will go a different direction if they're able to bring in a veteran QB in March.

11. New Orleans Saints, 7-9

Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford**

By their recent standards, the Saints took a small step forward on defense last season, but they really only went from "worst" to "almost the worst." They simply have to get better on that side of the ball if they want to be more than a .500-range team, even with a great offense. Thomas can be a terror as a pass-rusher, but he's a pretty complete player and simply makes you better.

12. Cleveland Browns, 1-15 (from Eagles)

Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU

In this scenario, two quarterbacks are off the board. Since I can't simulate a trade here (Jimmy Garoppolo?), this pick is made based on the idea that Cleveland has either found a QB through trade or free agency and doesn't want to reach on another QB. White would come in and at least partially address a major need area (coverage, in all aspects).

13. Arizona Cardinals, 7-8-1

Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

The Cardinals have patched it together at linebacker for the last couple of years, and I think Davis or Foster here makes a lot of sense. It gives them some flexibility with Deone Bucannon, and another explosive athlete on the defensive side of the ball. Davis can play right away.

14. Philadelphia Eagles, 7-9 (from Vikings)

Mike Williams, WR, Clemson*

Wide receiver has been a position of frustration for the Eagles, and it's imperative they add at least one more reliable pass-catcher next year, or they risk slowing the development of Carson Wentz. This is a spot where the Eagles could be considering another position (tackle comes to mind), but the value isn't there in some cases, and with Williams it definitely is. He's a great, big target for Wentz to work with.

15. Indianapolis Colts, 8-8

Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA

Dwight Freeney is long gone, but now so, too, is Robert Mathis and his 123.5 career sacks. There is no question the Colts need to continue to work on the offensive line, but there simply isn't appropriate value at tackle at this spot in the draft. They also really need a pass-rusher, and McKinley is explosive off the edge.

16. Baltimore Ravens, 8-8

Sidney Jones, CB, Washington*

The Ravens probably want to come out of the draft with more than one cornerback, so they might as well start early. Jones could add a little more muscle to his frame, but he has length and can flat-out cover, and if a QB makes a mistake he can show off hands, pluck the ball and head the other way.

17. Washington Redskins, 8-7-1

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State*

At what point do you forget about what's conventional and just take the best football player, period? That's a question that could come into play with Cook, whom some teams will have graded as right next to on par with Leonard Fournette. The Redskins like Rob Kelley, but they don't have a home-run hitter like Cook, who could help take some pressure off Kirk Cousins, assuming he's back.

18. Tennessee Titans, 9-7

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

I was between Howard and the next guy off the board for this pick, but ended up with Howard for two reasons: One, they need pass-catchers, and Howard is a weapon who doesn't have to take away from Delanie Walker. Put them both on the field; it's just provides Marcus Mariota with more weapons. Two, Walker is 32, and if he gets injured, Howard would provide immediate insurance. Get Howard now and another wide receiver later (or in free agency).

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 9-7

Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Mike Evans is officially a star, but Vincent Jackson is an unrestricted free agent, and the Bucs don't want a situation where defenses can just assume they'll be doubling Evans. Davis won't be running at the combine because of a small injury, but he's safely in Round 1 and would be a good value in this range (my buddy Todd McShay had him at No. 5 in his mock draft last week). Feed Jameis.

20. Denver Broncos, 9-7

Garett Bolles, OT, Utah*

The young quarterbacks have gotten a lot of blame, but the quarterback play in Denver in 2016 wasn't any worse than the team got in 2015, when the Broncos won a Super Bowl. The big difference was how bad the offensive line was. Denver couldn't run the ball or protect consistently, and thus we could see an offseason makeover. Bolles might not be a plug-and-play at tackle, but Denver needs talent, and new offensive coordinator Mike McCoy can figure it out from there.

21. Detroit Lions, 9-7

Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama**

By the time we're done at the combine, I suspect most everyone will see Humphrey as a first-rounder. He has length, strength, speed and bloodlines, and pretty much everyone could use another good cornerback or two in 2017. Detroit certainly qualifies; it's a pretty weak group beyond Darius Slay, and Slay battled some injuries in 2016. The Lions have some good things going, but they need to add some help on defense.

22. Miami Dolphins, 10-6

David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)**

The Dolphins have weapons at wide receiver, but they don't have a player like Njoku on the roster. He will be listed with the tight ends, but this is a 6-foot-4 guy who can run in the 4.5 range and set up and run past defenders. He also has the size to go up and get the ball over smaller players (that's most anyone in the secondary). Tannehill should be even better in his second year with Adam Gase, and Njoku would help.

23. New York Giants, 11-5

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee*

If you're shocked this isn't an offensive tackle, I don't think you'll be surprised by the end of April when you've heard plenty about the blocking talent in this class. Barnett has been tremendously productive as a pass-rusher, and even if Jason Pierre-Paul is back, the Giants could use the help. If he's not, then a pass-rusher is a must.

24. Oakland Raiders, 12-4

Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida*

The Raiders have a big need here, and Wilson offers length and experience at cornerback, where he has played in nearly 40 games for the Gators. For the first time in a while, the Raiders can be drafting in the midst of a title window, and I think cornerback help should be a part of the equation on Day 1 or Day 2. Wilson is a good value in this range, too.

25. Houston Texans, 9-7

Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama*

Quarterback play was a problem in 2016, but the offensive line could use some help as well. Robinson, while by no means a lock to be an NFL left tackle, certainly adds to the talent level. He's a powerful run-blocker who needs to clean up some things to reach his potential as a pass-blocker. Regardless of who takes the snaps next year, improved O-line play will help.

26. Seattle Seahawks, 10-5-1

Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin*

It's not totally unfair to say the Seahawks' offensive-line play wrecked their shot at a Super Bowl title. I think age on defense is starting to become more of a concern, but if they find some value along the offensive line in Round 1, it would make sense. The secondary and pass rush could also be in play here, and the Seahawks should also have a clearer picture on Earl Thomas' progress by April.

27. Kansas City Chiefs, 12-4

Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

Not many fans know Zay Jones, but he's a high-level talent. He slipped a little below the radar at East Carolina, but has the size, speed and hands you want, and he put on a show against good competition at the Senior Bowl. The Chiefs are no longer without weapons, given the presence of Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill, but another receiver would help.

28. Dallas Cowboys, 13-3

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida*

The Cowboys could see some turnover at cornerback, and teams that need to hold leads can't be short at the position. Tabor could clean some things up in his technique, but he's a playmaker with good ball skills, and he flashes great anticipation. Dallas needs corners and pass-rushers, and Tabor is a fit in this range.

29. Green Bay Packers, 10-6

Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford*

Taking nothing away from Ty Montgomery, the Packers should be looking to draft some help in the backfield. McCaffrey is a great weapon in the run game and could also be an option for Aaron Rodgers in the passing game. With Rodgers, it's simply about finding capable weapons to surround him with. We all know McCaffrey qualifies as one.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers, 11-5

Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple

Sure, Bud DuPree started to show some things last season, but if not for James Harrison dominating Father Time, where is the consistent pass rush? The bottom line is, the Steelers need more help, and Reddick can come in and give them some reps in that role. He had 21.5 tackles for loss last season, and the traits match the production. Get to know this name.

31. Atlanta Falcons, 11-5

Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri*

The Falcons had incredible health and continuity along the offensive line, obviously have the quarterback and the weapons on offense and have some nice young pieces on defense. But they could use another capable pass-rusher to help out Vic Beasley. When you're guaranteed to face Jameis Winston, Cam Newton and Drew Brees six times a season, you can't have enough there. Harris can come in and help.

32. New England Patriots, 14-2

Jabrill Peppers, LB/S, Michigan**

Peppers is still a bit of a mystery in terms of projection -- teams are doing a lot of homework and trying to figure out how and where he'll fit. But I know a good place to land for a player who can do just about anything but just needs a coaching staff who can be creative and use his instincts. Jim Harbaugh will be doing a lot of selling on Peppers' behalf, and perhaps the Patriots will listen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chichevache posted:

Seattle got 2 3rd rounders. :birddrugs:

One for losing JR Sweezy to the Bucs who had back surgery and did not even play one down this season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The idea of Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander trying to tackle Fournette is frightening.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
When does the real poo poo start at the combine? Seems like things are normally in full swing by now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

They better have a new safety because god knows they can't rush the passer.

Chris Conte will be available.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dalvin Cook did 22 reps.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Um....

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/837455133831270401

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/837714043070722050

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/837714556940087297

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kamara numbers looking real good.

10'11" broad

39.5" vert

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

My favorite hilariously bad performance so far is Dan Skipper. That dude doesn't look like he could fit any position. I also know that Sam Rogers is a fullback but he might be the slowest fullback of this millennium.

I didn't think Rogers 40 would ever end.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Give me Dalvin Cook. Giants trade up for Dalvin Cook.

This except the Bucs. Watching Dalvin at FSU was so fun. It's like he's gliding when he runs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bust status confirmed.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/837783834745786368

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Perine kinda looks like he's 40.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So he gets an island now.

Edit: I guess not, he didn't wear adidas shoes, instead Nike.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This DB class is loaded huh?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mixon ran a 4.43 at his pro day.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/839607969847312386

Ok

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

corn elder

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

I noticed Doltos' list doesn't have the best RB in college football last year on it. Hm. Curious.

Midgets aren't generally prospects.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

TWICE AS FAST AND STRONG?!

Stopped reading right there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Redeemed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chichevache posted:

Jake Butt tore his ACL in a meaningless bowl game and he probably won't be the first TE off the board thanks to that. McCaffrey and Fournette made the right choice to not injure themselves in games that made millions for everyone but themselves. I think first rounders playing high contact positions are smart to skip it.

If I had to guess, I bet McCaffrey would have played in the Orange Bowl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

I hope the Bucs draft Dalvin Cook so I can give wandler20 an "I Love My Puppy Abusing RB" red title.

I don't like dogs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Really?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TBeats posted:

I legit don't know why people don't like Ed McCaffrey and telling me to go gently caress myself doesn't change that, it just makes me like you less.

Same. I missed this one. I'm sure it's a perfectly acceptable reason tho.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SECbooger/status/851452489337581569

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cook visited the Bucs today and all the local beat writers suggest they'd take him at 19 but they also doubt he'd be available there so who knows.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, but most of those guys were at least good college players. Their games didn't translate to the pros, absolutely, but Hack was outright lovely IN COLLEGE. Like, E.J. Manuel was MASSIVELY better as a college QB than Hack.

Christian Ponder is probably the closest, his college production was extremely :effort: and he went higher than Hackenberg. But Hackenberg was still substantively worse than Ponder as a college player.

Anyone who watched FSU football will tell you Ponder was MUCH better than Manuel. Even Jimbo said he wouldn't draft EJ before like the 4th round, he had very little trust in him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sad news.

https://twitter.com/paxton/status/856345993247436800

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

JT Jag posted:

Love the trade, not the biggest fan of the pick (though I'm more of a fan of Watson at 12 than at 4).

If they traded down to 12, got an extra second rounder or something and took Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp or OJ Howard or whatever I'd mark the hell out.

Lamp and Howard are for sure first round picks, top 20 likely.

Corey Davis to the Eagles makes too much sense.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

JT Jag posted:

That's what I meant, take one of them at 12.

Gotcha, read it wrong. That would be a good move then.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Well I think it's safe to say the Bucs won't be drafting Conley.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

oh god please take mcaffery before the panthers have the chance.

save us......Jacksonville?

3 RBs in the top 8? Fournette, McCaffery, Cook. It won't happen but Cook in Carolina would be disgusting and I'd be ill.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Probably looking at moving back to the second to get the kicker they covet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

Sorry, the Panthers wont sign a lovely human being until next year to get the maximum effect of bad PR from drafting a turd AND Rae Carruth being released in the same year.

Carruth gets out this year? If so, when? It's important so I can have my autographed Rae Carruth rookie card delivers to Fiz on that date.

• Locked thread