Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Getting really mad in a GDT thread about the Bills passing on Clausen twice will be the shame I will have to carry with me to my grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

So i guess this is where I reiterate that Im on the Deshaun Watson train.

Same.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

What are the odds Watson drops to the, say, mid to late 20s

Just root for a bad pro day.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I genuinely don't think Hackenberg is on an NFL roster next season. NFL GMs generally have a hard time accepting when their players should become sunk costs, but the chatter around him seems exceptional.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

big money big clit posted:

Also because he's been hurt or hobbled since he came into the league and consequently has been much less productive than other guys in the same draft class.

Yeah. The second half of last year I think he led the league in yards per target.

The talent is obviously there, but I just hope the health and situation will be. Not really looking forward to the Pat Mahomes experience or whatever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd much, much, MUCH prefer the Bills hold onto Tyrod and draft Malik Hooker, but if they draft Deshaun Watson, I'll probably make fewer idle threats to not watch the team anymore.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Bills trade up for loving Mitch Trubisky I will renounce my fandom and stop rooting for the team.

Okay, well, actually no, but I *will* be really angry about it and post "Fire Whaley" a lot while secretly rooting for Mitch to become the GOAT.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I know it's frowned on in the OP or whatever but I don't care: who are people's favorite mock draft writers? I like them but I've only reliably checked Walterfootball and those guys are mega morons.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

via Mike Rodak

quote:

Agent Vance McAllister tells 1270 The Fan in Buffalo that QB Chad Kelly is being "singled out" in having NFL combine invite rescinded and NFL VP Troy Vincent is again "shooting from the hip" with decision. Fellow agent Duray Oubre says the NFL "got it wrong" and this is a "form of discrimination" against Kelly.

It's tough out there for a scrappy white quarterback with Hall of Fame connections.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

By the way, the prospect of Chad Kelly playing in the NFL is an underrated lol storyline AS LONG AS it's not for my team.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh god, it begins

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/837742570973310977

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

Actually he does say it. He just makes sure to pull his black friends aside and ask them if he can call them "my nigga" in a very respectful way before doing so

I still get a chuckle out of that

Every person has had this conversation, this very special conversation with your friends.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Doltos posted:

I checked his credentials. He's the lead draft writer of Bleacher Report, the site that exists solely for clickbait.

Thanks Daltos, wouldn't want to get draft insights from someone without credentials.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't know who Joe Mixon was so I went to Wikipedia to find out what he did and the parking citation story doesn't get enough attention.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

The story where he ripped up a parking ticket and inching his car towards the person until they got out of the way? Monstrous.

It's just such a good Biff Tannen-esque thing to do.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wait, TJ Watt is a real thing? We're going to have two initialed Watts in the NFL?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can't really fathom a world where the Jaguars pass on Mitchell Trubisky, a funny-named bust that Looks the Part.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mitchell Trubisky for the Bills NOOOOOOOO THANK YOU.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

The Bills desire to move on from Tyrod is even more confusing then Washington's refusal to sign Cousins last season.

If you can't find a way to get Walt Powell involved, not sure you're a real pocket passer.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Do it. Do it.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/847507515227099137

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills are pretty hard to read this year. I think there's a pretty real chance that they take Pat Mahomes in the first.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Manuel was bad but at least the Bills traded down for him and didn't force him to start for three years (no matter how much Whaley may have tried).

Off the top of my head, Gabbert, Ponder, Goff, Manziel, and probably Bortles were all worse picks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

I dunno if Bortles really deserves to be in the "abject disaster" category. I mean, he's not good, but he's not out of the loving league after 8 starts like Manziel.

We'll see if he salvages his career this season, but he was drafted #3 overall in an absurdly stacked draft class and I'm not convinced he's really even much better than EJ.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I haven't seen a lot of him so maybe I'm talking out of my rear end a bit, but it seems like that strange week 3 beat down of the Steelers is doing a whole lot to buoy Wentz's reputation right now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BR_DougFarrar/status/854714275444674560
Every single one of these quarterbacks is going to bust.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This draft needs more Chad Kelly chatter.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This year's draft is particularly exciting. Really hoping for quarterback insanity that doesn't involve my dumb team!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

1. Garrett
2-4. QB's
5-6. RB's
7. O Line

8. Thomas
9. Adams
10. Hooker
11. Allen

Guess ya gotta go Lattimore or Howard or trade down here if you are the Browns, unless I am missing someone.

What about the wide receivers?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

I suspect most of the QB talk is a smokescreen and only one goes in the top half of the first round.

It's hard to say. It seems like every year GMs vacillate between “Don't reach for a QB” to “If you see a guy you like, you gotta grab him.”

I imagine Goff and Wentz probably are nudging GMs closer to the latter category this year, though, heh.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd be a bit surprised if Trubisky made it past the Browns' second pick and if Watson and Mahomes made it to the second round.

I think the 9ers, Bears, Jets, Jaguars, Bills and Browns are all in play for Mitch and there's no way the Texans pass on a QB, despite Rick Smith's history.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Hue took this job with no say over dumb poo poo like this he's dumber than any of the truckers Haslam conned.

I don't know, assuming you like Trubisky, it sounds like a solid draft plan for the Browns. They stockpiled picks for this exact reason.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The problem is that Mitch "Mitchell" Trubuisky isn't that guy

Oh, I agree. No way you can make it in the NFL with a name like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kiimo posted:

On Malik McDowell...

“Worst interview in our room at the combine,” one NFL personnel man said. “Completely sucked the life out of the room. He’s everything that’s wrong with the modern athlete.

“Been entitled his whole life. Not a worker. Doesn’t practice. Asks to be taken out of games all the time. Rolls his ankle and you’d think he had three compound fractures the way that he reacts. It’s hard enough with guys that aren’t (expletive).”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ine/100738052/
Before the Bills drafted Cordy Glenn in the second, there were a lot of rumors that Glenn couldn't play tackle in the NFL and that he projects much better as a guard. A Bills beat reporter asked Buddy Nix about it, and he chuckled and replied "who do you think put those rumors out there?"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

OOOOoooof

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/856567329458724864

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

The rumor is that the player accused of sexual assault is Malik Hooker.

Cleveland's best investigative reporter is on the case.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/NFL_CFB/status/856868601474822144

Deshaun Watson owns, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't want a QB this draft, but if it has to happen I want Watson.

Hard same.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

He gonna plummet if this is remotely true.

He's going to plummet even if it's completely false.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Supposedly Hassan Reddick is the Bills pick if he's there per guys like Greg Gabriel.

Would rather have a DB or Mike Williams but I'd accept it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fight! For your kite! posted:

Front office leaks suggest Corey Davis.

I haven't seen anything suggesting this :confused:

• Locked thread