Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Reaching for a QB, be it Garappolo or someone in the high/mid-first, seems like a wasted opportunity for the Browns. See which raw QB with potential is available in the 2nd or later, pick up BPA in the first, and use 2017 to continue accumulating assets and rebuilding Raiders-style. The QBs in the 2018 draft surely can't be a worse batch than this years, and they have so many holes that they can't afford to use multiple picks to move up for a project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

lol Cleveland has drafted the safe bet first and QB second like every single draft the past decade

Go big. Trade for Jimmy. But not a goddamn 1+3.

Their past scouts and GMs made some woefully bad decisions when it came do determining the "safe bet", and reached on Manziel and Weeden among other poor selections. However, it would be too results-oriented to look at that and conclude that it's time to gamble their assets on Jimmy f'n G. If they go BPA and other teams reach on the meager list of QBs (as it currently stands, we'll see how the hype goes in the coming months) then they'll trot out another reclamation project and 3 of the top 33 picks (barring some trades).

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Doltos posted:

I ain't even talking about the hard R. TFF's ability to make me actively cheer for a woman beater out of spite continues to amaze me, but here we are

No, we are not here.You are somewhere ugly, a castaway from reason

Perhaps you posted that as a sad joke (a sad, yet preferable, outcome).

Otherwise, you opted to declare that you take the rebellious stance of supporting (in your words) "a woman beater", and somehow you think that the TFF posters forced your hand.

(Much like Mixon forced his hand on the beaten woman)

Doltos, the potential merit of your draft analysis is rendered moot when your moral compass is so visibly broken.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Bears bidding against themselves versus a new GM is interesting. I wonder if Lynch parlayed his inexperience and the recent S.F. management woes into a solid swindle, where Chicago were less diligent than normal.

Most sports have unwritten rules about targeting RFAs or being under-handed in trade negotiations. A recent example is a veteran GM in hockey (Holmgren in Philly) offer-sheeting Nashville's star for 14 years and $100+ million, and then (from what I've read) stepping down because many GMs froze him out of future trade discussions.

When I read "bid against themselves" I typically think of Texas paying A-Rod 25%~ more than the next highest reported offer due to desperation and/or flawed info. I don't recall off-hand an example of Team A outright lying to Team B about competing interest from Mystery Team C. Leak rumors through the media or exaggerations of tangible offers, sure, but could a GM get away with whole-cloth inventing an offer from Mystery Team?

• Locked thread