Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

zimbomonkey posted:

Cam Robinson has the dreaded "character issues" right? Because the Panthers neeeeeed an LT but I feel like I remember him having some legal trouble

Myles Garrett would still be dope too

No, he's probably fine. Charges were dropped in his arrest, which happened in Louisiana, so it sure wasn't due to a favorable prosecutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hackenberg is the opposite of the intangibles guys. He's all tangibles. It's his passes that are intangible.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

i'll shoot every single person in chicago if the bears draft fournette

Would anyone even notice a difference?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought he was an ankle.

It is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Raku posted:

Fournette has never been the best RB in his conference

He's going to get drafted higher than Derrick Henry did and the team that drafts him will actually play him, unlike Derrick Henry.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

henry does get played and he owns a lot

He has like 400 yards on 90 carries, matching the staggering production of, uh, Jaquizz Rogers I guess.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Fournette won the Louisiana 4A 100m and 200m titles in his senior year of high school. He's pretty fast for a 225 pound guy.

He picked up a high ankle sprain before the season started and it never healed fully. He was fatter and slower and didn't practice that much this year so it's hard to read too much into any of it.

Last year against Florida he had 180 yards on 31 carries, and 2 TDs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

4.5 yards per a carry is pretty good

Henry is 13th in the YPC list. Guys around him: Jaquizz Rodgers at 15; Matt Jones at 9. Bills Powell way up at 1; Mark Ingram at 3.

And those are just the guys that have similarly limited number of carries, whether due to injury or just not being the premiere back on their team.

It ain't bad, but it's not exactly lighting the world on fire either.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

To be fair he lost to NC State in the literal middle of goddamn hurricane Matthew. The whole thing was a spectacularly entertaining shitshow. It really should've been called on count of weather. I don't like Kiser but that game shouldn't count when looking at his stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOynLpcfmk

He's talking about Trubisky.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Beckham wasn't ranked highly because Zach Mettenberger can't throw a football. His stock exploded after scouts really dug into his tape.

I mean, LSU had two 1000 yard receivers that year in a run focused offense. Beckham wasn't exactly a hidden gem, he and Landry were both very productive.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Odell was pretty much always rated higher than Landry because he has elite speed. I don't think any mock anywhere had Landry in the first round whereas most all of them had Odell there after the 2013 season.

Landry was a lot like Nuk Hopkins, a sure handed possession guy who was seen as a good compliment to the more dynamic receivers they played with.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Sammy Watkins has looked good whenever he's on the field. Everyone has just forgotten about him (because Buffalo) but his first two years were still really good.

Also because he's been hurt or hobbled since he came into the league and consequently has been much less productive than other guys in the same draft class.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

His natural position is being overrated based on the fact that he played offense, defense, and special teams, none of them exceptionally.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm so conflicted about fournette. It would be nice to have a generational running back if that's what he turns out to be, BUUUUUT there are so many other needs and he's injured all the time.

Fournette had a high ankle sprain this year that he kept trying to play through and re-injuring, but he didn't have any injury issues his first two years.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chichevache posted:

In college. Running behind the Stanford line.

Their line was not that great this year and he had a higher YPC than 2015 (when he had 2000 rushing yards and another 650 receiving). He's a really good player, full stop. Doesn't mean I'd take him 8th, but he's worth a fairly high pick I'd say.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Barring some medical thing with his ankle that's probably going to happen anyway with Fournette.

Yea, assuming he runs wells at the combine he's a much better option to go early in the first.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

i'm not down on fournette at all i just think cook is better for today's game where hb need to be able to pass protect and catch out of the backfield to be a true 3 down back

Fournette does both of those things to at least the extent that Cook does. Neither had a ton of catches or receiving yards.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 8, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Fant looked like our second best lineman all year long. :shepicide: I think he might be able to develop into something eventually.

He might, but as soon as he does he's going to leave for another team because he Seahawks don't believe in paying offensive linemen.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

I'm just saying, I know next to nothing about college football but I watched one video of his highlights and know he's got little beyond skin pigment in common with Danny Woodhead.

Dude's like half a foot taller then Woodhead.

Uh, he said BIGGER version. Sounds like he's got this one figured out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

QB in the first. This one's toast.

He is white bread as hell, it's true.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The big issue with Fournette's weight is that it may indicate that his ankle has taken longer than expected to heal and he hasn't been able to train sufficiently for the combine. His playing weight in 2015 was 225. Last year he was ten to fifteen pounds heavier due to the injury.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

I went back and re-watched some of Cody Kessler's highlights. Lots more dinking and dunking, WRs running comebacks, and HB dumpoffs than I remember. He has the "it" factor in that he can lead an offense well but I don't know if the physical ability is going to be there to be the guy.

What QB should the Browns take at either #12 or #33.

None. There's almost no way the team doesn't improve from last year no matter what, so they should focus on shoring up the rest of the team and try for a QB next year when the class isn't so underwhelming.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

We can't keep waiting for next year forever though, and are in a good spot to get one of the top 3 QBs this year.

You can't afford to draft a bad QB in the first and end up stuck trying to make him work on an already talent poor team for a few years before giving up. This class really is very poor for QBs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

Wait, TJ Watt is a real thing? We're going to have two initialed Watts in the NFL?

He is a real person that will really get to play in the NFL, but he will be middling at best.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ehud posted:

I can bench more than Christian mccaffrey and that means I am a better prospect

Yea, but what's your wonderlic?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Cook's got some history doesn't he? I know the girl outside the bar thing where he 'hit her' turned out to be nothing but didn't he have some other stuff before that?

Nothing like Mixon of course.

There was that, he was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor for causing property damage with a broken gun, and was cited for cruelty to animals for having some puppies tied up outside too restrictively.

So nothing very egregious, but in comparison with the squeaky clean Stanford kid I guess they qualify as character issues?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

ragle posted:

McCaffrey and Fournette sat out lovely bowls because they're RBs (devalued in draft, and short careers) with lots of game tape already.

their example won't spread wide because other players will want to improve their draft stock and/or their teams will have more on the line.

They were also both injured on and off throughout the year, so it's not like two perfectly healthy dudes who decided to sit on the bench and watch. That extra month of time to get healthy is a big deal.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

euphronius posted:

Fournette exposed himself to debilitating injury for no reason. No idea why he played this year.

If he was that mercenary about his future he'd have gone to Alabama and not LSU. He wanted to play in purple and gold.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ehud posted:

I will be happy if we draft some combination of LB/DE/CB in the first two rounds.

I hear Peppers if very versatile. Maybe you can trade your first and second round picks to move up and take him and have him play all three.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I wanted the Saints to take Dak in the second or third. He was obviously very good because he got god damned Mississippi State to a number 1 ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ehud posted:

with the first pick in the 2017 NFL draft the browns select

https://twitter.com/dailyloud/status/857424078633922562

She's got better mechanics than Tebow, and he was a first rounder.

• Locked thread