Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Kaaya and Kizer are awful names for quarterbacks. They'll never be good.

Kaaya sounds like the name you would give a dolphin.

A literal dolphin, not a Miami Dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Intruder posted:

I want the Texans to draft Kizer please let this happen thanks

I saw one mock with the Texans taking Kizer in the third lol

Will he make an immediate impact though?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

Less than a week until I'm underwhelmed by the Texans taking a safety in the first :toot:

Their offensive line is the top need after QB surely?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

Yeah probably but the Texans usually don't draft to need

They drafted for need with Fuller and that didn't work out so well. Meanwhile Clowney (they had Mercilus and Reed), Mercilus (they had Barwin and Reed), Johnson (they had Joseph and Jackson) and Watt (they had Williams and Smith) were all luxury picks and have worked out pretty well

I guess Nuk was also a need pick in a sense so that worked out

Logically you would use free agency for starters/depth and the draft for future talent/depth. As far as I know all the Texans have done is get rid of Otterboiler and lose good players. I've not seen a single free agency signing come in.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is that a rivals pun or is that an autocorrect from your budding serial killer activities?

I'm not competent enough to be a serial killer, I'd manage maybe 2 murders before I got caught.

What is Rivals?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

ulmont posted:

Rivals.com, home to bad team forums. A rivals pun is something like "Dallas Cowgirls" or "New England Gaytriots" or "Elisha Manning."

Well it was my pun but I don't deny it was a bad one.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

From now on I'm going to call him Oily Head Rick

Remember when he said he felt no pressure to take a QB?

What did they lose to trade up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

Next year's first which will probably be a top 10 pick

So they traded up to get a So-so quarterback who has no offensive line to defend him?
All the good OTs or OGs will be gone by the time Texans get their next pick.

• Locked thread