Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Sorceror
Jul 1, 2006

three leaves are running wild!
Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Oh they definitely need to draft a QB and by the time of the draft at least one of them will be hyped as a high pick. But to ignore the position completely again would be So Browns.

Picking another garbage qb in the 1st would be So Browns. Quinn, Weeden, JFF. I hate all of the "big name" prospects this year and I would be happy if they stuck to positions of need: edge rusher, OT, OLB. No qb can succeed with the Browns' OL.

The only QB i think stands a chance of being more than a career backup is Kizer, and he still looked really raw last year.

I hope they go defense and O line the first 3 rounds, maybe pick up another WR, and overpay for some missing pieces in FA.

Unfortunately I think we won't find an answer at QB this year, but Kessler looked decent. Get another veteran for when the first two QBs get injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Sorceror
Jul 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

THe problem is the Browns need every position, and especially quarterback. If we go 0-16, do you really think the front office will feel comfortable next year not drafting a QB who at the very least will buy them another year or two?

I expect them to fill holes with overpriced marginal or old free agents and then waste all their draft picks as usual.

Qb is a huge need, but like you said they have holes everywhere. If they pick qb with the #1 and don't address the O line, he'll get Colt Mccoy'd just like all our qbs this year.

Maybe the FO feels like they have no choice but to pick a QB. If so, I'd want them to go with Garrett with their 1st, Kizer with the eagles 1st, then pick a guard and center in the 2-3 rounds. I think the priority has to be solidifying the oline, and it's not a bad draft for interior oline.

If they want another qb I'd rather them use a midround pick on the guy from Montana or another underlooked prospect and use the early picks for bpa and oline.

Other Browns fans have any ideas about what offseason plans the team should have?

Open Sorceror
Jul 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School posted:

Reminder that the Lions had two first-round picks after going 0-16 and the fans wanted Aaron Curry at number one. If you think a franchise quarterback is available you take him.

Though Stafford got "lucky" in sitting his first two seasons with injuries that wouldn't linger.

I understand this mentality, but for instance if the Browns had drafted Dak last year I doubt he would have looked any better than Kessler and fans would still be clamoring for another qb this draft. On a team this bad it's impossible to evaluate qb play (but it's obvious RG3 sucks).

• Locked thread