Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

sticklefifer posted:

This series legit has my favorite TV character death of all time.

Major spoiler: When Derek bites it, it's not lingered on, it's not a big production, it just happens. The Terminator doesn't even break his stride while trying to get to John and Sarah. It was the perfect way of displaying that all it takes is ONE human error, which the machines don't make. It's so abrupt you're not even sure you just saw it, and you ask yourself "Did they really just do that?"

I still use this as an example of how to do a character death right. When i first watched it, I expected it to be either a) a dream sequence, or b) them to go back in time and fix it.

Once I processed it, it REALLY stuck with me. Just so casual, one minute he's there and the next he's gone. No dramatic Game of Thrones dramatic music, just a light switch turning off. That unnerved me more than pretty much anything else I'd seen. Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread