Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What is your team, if not good, and not corn dogs. i dont even know. They don't deserve names. Strip the coaching staff of all identification, and shave their eyebrows for the reason of it being funny looking. God bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Marvin Lewis and Jeff Fisher will switch places next season

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
To the guy walking out the doors of the Bellagio yesterday in a "The Bengals Are Why I Drink" shirt, I'd ask if you can see the future, but, well, Bengals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

someone talk me off the Dolphins are making the playoffs ledge

538 has them at 22% so i think it is a lock given recent events

wtf is going on?

That sounds roughly similar to the chances Silver gave the Cubs and Donald Trump

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

It's really weird looking back on that last 2 minutes of the Bengals January playoff game, and realizing that that was their peak and they're never going to come that close to a playoff win ever again with Dalton and Lewis

Good.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

congratulations to the cincinnati bengals on a rousing victory tonight and here's to many more to come

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

swickles posted:

I didn't watch the Phins game, but on Lebatard today they were comparing it to the Tampa Bay/Oakland Super Bowl where Oakland didn't change any of their signals or alignments so Gruden and the defense knew exactly what the playcall was every time. Supposedly the defense would call out "Screen!" and force Rivers to call a time out because that was the call. Gase had McCoy's system memorized. Any talk of this in San Diego Ross?

I haven't heard anything about it, but that being said it wouldn't surprise me that McCoy wouldn't have changed the audible system at all. For all of the talk about his adaptability when he was hired, he's a painfully uncreative coach in that regard and the formations the Chargers run out every week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I do remember at least one play where that happened and it caused them to burn a timeout in the fourth quarter.

It was nice to see further evidence of a competent coaching staff that preloaded its players.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

When the Giants went up 21-20 I told myself, "They're going to gently caress this up and I rather sleep." I didn't even check the final score until I woke up. It was liberating. Now seeing that they held that lead, I might just have started a new tradition of non-watching.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I do remember at least one play where that happened and it caused them to burn a timeout in the fourth quarter.

It was nice to see further evidence of a competent coaching staff that preloaded its players.

This is the nice thing about the current Dolphins. They may not be good, but they play hard, they have a sensible plan and they don't try and do things that their talent isn't capable of.

Stark contrast to the Philbin years.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

shyduck posted:

Don't you curse us like that

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shyduck posted:

Imagine Vontaze Burfict under head coach Jeff Fisher.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Dave posted:

When the Giants went up 21-20 I told myself, "They're going to gently caress this up and I rather sleep." I didn't even check the final score until I woke up. It was liberating. Now seeing that they held that lead, I might just have started a new tradition of non-watching.

They sealed the lead with two great first down runs by Rashad Jennings

That's what really happened

I still dont buy it

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Giants defense has carried them while their offense has done just enough to win.

Strange times we live in.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Febreeze posted:

I still dont buy it

Rashad Jennings was great in Oakland for a little while, I just think the Giants suck at running the ball.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Febreeze posted:

I still dont buy it

You shouldn't. The Bengals defense is awful.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

I didn't watch the Phins game, but on Lebatard today they were comparing it to the Tampa Bay/Oakland Super Bowl where Oakland didn't change any of their signals or alignments so Gruden and the defense knew exactly what the playcall was every time. Supposedly the defense would call out "Screen!" and force Rivers to call a time out because that was the call. Gase had McCoy's system memorized. Any talk of this in San Diego Ross?

Absolutely. Rivers was changing the formations more than usual and it seemed like Miami knew every single adjustment

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I forgot about Gase working as a position coach under McCoy in Denver for four seasons.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

So did Mike McCoy.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Rashad Jennings was great in Oakland for a little while, I just think the Giants suck at running the ball.

The Giants have an atrocity for an offensive line so yeah they just suck at running it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Does John Jerry still play for the giants?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I've said it before but the Giants' run play design is absolute garbage.

It reminds me a lot of what the Chargers were trying to do when McCoy/Reich were the offensive coaches, in that they attempted all these zone handoffs or draw plays out of the shotgun. Very little creativity involved, IE no pulling guards or other lead blockers. The result: an atrocity of a running game that doesn't really take pressure off the QB. Doesn't help that the Giants' offensive line is below average in pure talent anyway.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Does John Jerry still play for the giants?

yeah

so does Marshall Newhouse

Don't google gifs of either of them trying to block Geno Atkins last night if you've eaten within the last 2 hours

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ahahahahahahahahaha, how is any team still dumb enough to give him snaps and money.

You'll be signing Dallas Thomas next, then I'll have to hatewatch Giants games for therapy.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
John Jerry's been decent actually.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ulmont posted:

Please don't credit the Broncos for that win; give credit for that one to the refs (and Michael Thomas).

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaah

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Boosh! posted:

John Jerry's been decent actually.

That's how bad our offensive line is

John Jerry is like the 3rd or 4th problem with it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Giants are a 6-3 team with a -2 Point differential. Because there is no god or justice or beauty or anything good in the world.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Raiders are 7-2 with a massive point differential of +22. Who gives a poo poo.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

mcmagic posted:

The Giants are a 6-3 team with a -2 Point differential. Because there is no god or justice or beauty or anything good in the world.

We (Texans) are a 6-3 team with a point differential of - 27

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 17, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Lions are leading their division currently with a negative point differential...

And somehow the NFC:South is the fraud division. :shrug:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Who's saying the NFC North is good? :confused:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

corn on the cop posted:

The Raiders are 7-2 with a massive point differential of +22. Who gives a poo poo.

I wouldn't call 22 massive.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Depends on what you're measuring really

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

swickles posted:

I wouldn't call 22 massive.

Yeah, the Bills are +34 and are only 4–5.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Pretty sure it's tongue in cheek guys because the Raiders first 4 wins were by a total of like 4 points

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
The Raiders are polite and don't run up the score on teams.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MrLogan posted:

The Raiders are polite and don't run up the score on teams.

Not my Raiders
Just win baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's almost as if point differential really doesn't mean jack poo poo

The Giants proved that in 2011

• Locked thread