Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

There's only one word that can sum up the Baltimore Ravens: Sad! But don't take it from me, just check out a Ravens Poster that Many Many People have told me this, and they told me, they said, Borsche, they said, Kawalimus is the smartest Ravens poster:

Kawalimus posted:

We lose this game and Harbaugh is as good as FIRED!!!

Kawalimus posted:

PATHETIC!!!

Kawalimus posted:

Glad we have a coach who was in SP teams. Because of that we see far fewer things like holding penalties on returns hahahahahahahahahahahhaha what a joke John Harbaugh is

The ravens are completely sad and pathetic! Low energy team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i guess kawalimus is the real tiny nuts ravens poster

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
A Ravens loss was not out of the question. We were actually trailing by one point at halftime even though it was virtually tied. Browns packed it in though like haflway through the third quarter.

Ravens are a complete garbage team. Browns are just more garbage at this point. But they would have still beat the Ravens one game this year if not for a real bad personal foul call.

Also: Fire Harbaugh NOW!!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

hifi posted:

i guess kawalimus is the real tiny nuts ravens poster

Yeah? You got an issue with tiny nuts?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah? You got an issue with tiny nuts?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The golden boys got away with another one

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
if nothing else, that game was worth it for steve smith making GBS threads on rodney harrison in the postgame

https://twitter.com/RNs_Funhouse/status/796937675659943937

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Steve Smith is awesome. Like I've been saying, a true Sharpe. That's exactly the kind of thing he would have said. It's a shame he had to play in this era of the Ravens.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

A Ravens loss was not out of the question. We were actually trailing by one point at halftime even though it was virtually tied. Browns packed it in though like haflway through the third quarter.

Ravens are a complete garbage team. Browns are just more garbage at this point. But they would have still beat the Ravens one game this year if not for a real bad personal foul call.

my eyes popped out of my head rolling at this

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Steve Smith is awesome. Like I've been saying, a true Sharpe. That's exactly the kind of thing he would have said. It's a shame he had to play in this era of the Ravens.

wouldnt want any good players in the era of the ravens winning a super bowl recently

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
you gotta stop paying attention to what he says

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Sad! Sounds like a real stumped cuck!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was goign to bet all my funbucks on the Ravens to cover but I balked at the last moment

:sad:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kawalimus posted:

Firing Harbaughs has historically gone very well for NFL franchises, yeah, yeah... yeah.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
So apparently this was the first time the Ravens won by more than 7 points since the playoff win vs the Steelers. In 2014.

Ravens bad but getting slightly less bad now

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This is the third straight browns game I stopped watching in the third quarter. I used to sit through every game no matter how bad we were getting crushed but I just can't do it anymore.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
This has to be the most Browns thing too...not even being the first team to go 0-16. So not really any historical significance other than "Lol holy poo poo how bad is this"

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They can be the first team to have an undefeated season and also a winless season, so there's that

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

E_Motion posted:

So apparently this was the first time the Ravens won by more than 7 points since the playoff win vs the Steelers. In 2014.

Ravens bad but getting slightly less bad now

It's the 2016 Browns, dude.

Wanna see this team face that winless Lions team from a few years back.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

shirts and skins posted:

A 0-0 tie would be fun to watch.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

shirts and skins posted:

It's the 2016 Browns, dude.

Thats why i said slightly less bad. Ravens still gonna get completely stomped into the ground by DAK PRESCOTT next week.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kawalimus posted:

This gimmick is approaching Parm levels of weariness.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wish my team could beat a division rival at home by 20+. Someday!

wrong baby oh poo poo posted:

if nothing else, that game was worth it for steve smith making GBS threads on rodney harrison in the postgame

https://twitter.com/RNs_Funhouse/status/796937675659943937

Pro-click.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Man it's one thing to be nervous and upset early in the game or when things aren't going so hot but when the thing ends in a lopsided blowout, it's time to shut the gently caress up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh my god I forgot all about Kawalimus's "virtually tied" thing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

I was goign to bet all my funbucks on the Ravens to cover but I balked at the last moment

that's a good smiley

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/796928719352922112

Maybe the Browns should just experiment with gimmicks for the rest of the season, like handing out tablets to a section filled with Browns fans and letting them call plays or something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bigass Moth posted:

They can be the first team to have an undefeated season and also a winless season, so there's that

I went and checked the Lions to see if this was true. Yup. Even going back to the 30s, they never had an undefeated season. Hell, they've never had less than 2 losses in a season, even when they only played 8 games a year.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

This has to be the most Browns thing too...not even being the first team to go 0-16. So not really any historical significance other than "Lol holy poo poo how bad is this"

It'll be the first one I see it's special in that regards

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The winless Lions would crush this Browns team, I am 100% certain of this

The Browns could challenge for the Buccaneers losing streak record

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Only Ravens fans could be this upset over a 20+ win over a division team.

Edit: Also, why am I not banned?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've been asking myself that about you for a long time now :v:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Does this count as a weekend of hell or a weekday of hell?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol kawalimus

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Metapod posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Bengals play Monday...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Lions won every game the preseason they went 0-16

Browns lost every game this preseason

Their last win at all was December 13 2015 against the 49ers

0-20 is happening

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This is getting to the point of willful negligence. Like the mean owner lady from Major League negligence

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bad Moon posted:

This is getting to the point of willful negligence. Like the mean owner lady from Major League negligence

Clearly all they need to do is put a life sized print of Jimmy Haslam in the locker room with his naked body covered only by strategically placed stickies and only to be removed when positive football plays occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

Bengals play Monday...

This is from after the Steelers/Bengals playoff game

• Locked thread