Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He's basically a rookie again after his injury.

Also he's fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

This season has broken Ross's mind :(

Well I mean the Chargers stadium vote failed so things are bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Febreeze posted:

Well I mean the Chargers stadium vote failed so things are bad

It sucks that a city finally stands up to a team and won't gift the owner half a billion dollars and the owner can just go to another city and get that same half billion dollars

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kalli posted:

Hey you fuckers, why did nobody tell me this happened yesterday?

https://twitter.com/SportsQuotient/status/797877845670277120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This is amazing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Unfortunately it wasn't a wacky pick, it ended up being ruled a fumble because he threw it backwards

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

He's basically a rookie again after his injury.

Also he's fat.

He will never top this play:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh no my NFL team is moving like 2 hours north but with California Sunday Traffic® it's more like 3 hours and that's just loving unforgivable except the other two teams that are moving are moving to separate time zones but gently caress them because I'm mildly inconvenienced

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'll always have the first half of week 1 where Keenan Allen made Marcus Peters his bitch before his knee exploded

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Oh no my NFL team is moving like 2 hours north but with California Sunday Traffic® it's more like 3 hours and that's just loving unforgivable except the other two teams that are moving are moving to separate time zones but gently caress them because I'm mildly inconvenienced

Moving 3 hours north compared to two miles from my house is an inconvenience, thank you for understanding

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Why do you care where the Raiders play

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I can't wait for them to move to the desert so me and Volkerball can spray paint each other's teeth and go kart up and down dunes dressed as Darth vader

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Intruder posted:

It sucks that a city finally stands up to a team and won't gift the owner half a billion dollars and the owner can just go to another city and get that same half billion dollars

It's not like giving into the NFL really helped St. Louis

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

At least they don't have to watch the Rams anymore

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Unfortunately it wasn't a wacky pick, it ended up being ruled a fumble because he threw it backwards

No this is a good thing, because the only thing that would save that throw is if he was trying to throw it away because the screen was blown up. So even that feeble defense makes no sense.

Dude just bombed someone's foot into a turnover.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But from a fun point of view, it's better if he made the right call and the universe conspired against him

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
This loss sucked but jesus christ Ross. The chances of them making the playoffs this year were slim anyway.

A few things I took away from that game though:

-Chargers' defense did some impressive work against Jay Ajayi. Guy was the hottest RB in the league coming in and while he had a fairly decent game, it wasn't the 200+ yard monster games he'd been having. That being said, they stunk against the pass - Tannehill went 17/24 for 240 and a pair of TDs without a pick. That's a drat good performance by a QB, and he took advantage of an ailing Charger secondary to full effect.

-Miami's d-line is really good and crushed the Chargers o-line the whole game. That was one of the worst performances a Chargers line had done in quite some time, including all of 2012 and 15. Gordon couldn't get poo poo on the ground, they hammered Rivers a ton and basically controlled the line of scrimmage for the whole contest.

-This was Rivers' worst game since he got pulled in 2014 against.. the Dolphins, funnily. Yes, he's not the only person to blame on offense, but he fuckin' stunk. Both those picks where he was trying to get it to Tyrell Williams were just lovely decisions; one of them costed the Chargers a TD, the other one sealed the game for Miami. I'm not saying "Cut his rear end" but that was bad yesterday.

--Antonio Gates, however, is pretty much done at this point. I hate saying that about him, but he can't get separation anymore and he had some brutal drops yesterday.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsQuotient/status/797877845670277120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Osweiller can and in fact has pulled that off.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

I'll always have the first half of week 1 where Keenan Allen made Marcus Peters his bitch before his knee exploded

I really, really like Marcus Peters, and he undoubtedly would have been a Steeler if the Chiefs let him past, but it was pretty funny that Sammie Butterfingers Coates torched him in week 4

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

This loss sucked but jesus christ Ross. The chances of them making the playoffs this year were slim anyway.

A few things I took away from that game though:

-Chargers' defense did some impressive work against Jay Ajayi. Guy was the hottest RB in the league coming in and while he had a fairly decent game, it wasn't the 200+ yard monster games he'd been having. That being said, they stunk against the pass - Tannehill went 17/24 for 240 and a pair of TDs without a pick. That's a drat good performance by a QB, and he took advantage of an ailing Charger secondary to full effect.

-Miami's d-line is really good and crushed the Chargers o-line the whole game. That was one of the worst performances a Chargers line had done in quite some time, including all of 2012 and 15. Gordon couldn't get poo poo on the ground, they hammered Rivers a ton and basically controlled the line of scrimmage for the whole contest.

-This was Rivers' worst game since he got pulled in 2014 against.. the Dolphins, funnily. Yes, he's not the only person to blame on offense, but he fuckin' stunk. Both those picks where he was trying to get it to Tyrell Williams were just lovely decisions; one of them costed the Chargers a TD, the other one sealed the game for Miami. I'm not saying "Cut his rear end" but that was bad yesterday.

--Antonio Gates, however, is pretty much done at this point. I hate saying that about him, but he can't get separation anymore and he had some brutal drops yesterday.

Bench Joe Barksdale immediately

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I really, really like Marcus Peters, and he undoubtedly would have been a Steeler if the Chiefs let him past, but it was pretty funny that Sammie Butterfingers Coates torched him in week 4

He's an all or nothing player for sure, he got beat badly twice earlier in the game guessing wrong (once for a TD, once for a play that led to a TD I think? Maybe it was Carolina's field goal). But he's still fun as hell to watch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One thing that makes me sad is Lamar Miller finally broke out a huge run but got run down from behind, I thought he was supposed to be basically uncatchable once he got behind the defense

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

What the mannequin christ are the Jags gonna do at QB next year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Cash Monet posted:

What the mannequin christ are the Jags gonna do at QB next year.

Keep Bortles, fire the Gus Bus. Maybe a coaching change will help.

Also, Seattle can rehire Gus Bradley to be our DC (please).

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/798311154841894912

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Turns out that Gronkowski got a punctured lung from yesterdays game.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lol Kam chancellor is the deflator

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm late but Iron Mike Mularkey made McDonalds Mike McCarthy taste his erotic smashmouth and it owned

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Blitz7x posted:

excellent

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

:golfclap:

Wrong future HoF safety though.
https://twitter.com/TheInsideZoneUK/status/798181137466200064

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:thurman:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

drat it

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Clemmings is one of those dudes who looks like he has the build and physical profile to be a tackle, it's just he fuckin' sucks because he has no knowledge of technique at all. It's a trainwreck watching him play.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone talk me off the Dolphins are making the playoffs ledge

538 has them at 22% so i think it is a lock given recent events

wtf is going on?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Sounds like Peters won.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Clemmings is one of those dudes who looks like he has the build and physical profile to be a tackle, it's just he fuckin' sucks because he has no knowledge of technique at all. It's a trainwreck watching him play.

He was really dominant at Pitt.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Was this called for unnecessary roughness/ defenseless receiver

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Sounds like Peters won.

The turf at Arrowhead won

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was this called for unnecessary roughness/ defenseless receiver

It wasn't.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Hunt11 posted:

Turns out that Gronkowski got a punctured lung from yesterdays game.

Yo Soy Fiesta is not going to have a long career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

someone talk me off the Dolphins are making the playoffs ledge

538 has them at 22% so i think it is a lock given recent events

wtf is going on?

You know in your heart happiness will never rise

• Locked thread