Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

someone talk me off the Dolphins are making the playoffs ledge

538 has them at 22% so i think it is a lock given recent events

wtf is going on?

Probably have to win 11 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was this called for unnecessary roughness/ defenseless receiver

Nope. :D

I hope Gronk has flashbacks that haunt him like Vernon Davis did after Kam's hit. Take all of Brady's toys away forever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

wtf is going on?

If you just want me to speak in a way that deflates your hopes specifically: Tannehill is still our QB

But as for the rest of us, this is why we won't make the playoffs:

- Albert already hurt again and could miss some time. Once that happens the entire line has to shift around and that ruins everything.

- The secondary is still awful.

- LB corps outside of Kiko is miserable. Any team with a competent TE is going to wreck us.

- Paper thin at almost every position.

- Dolphins.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

I hope Gronk has flashbacks that haunt him like Vernon Davis did after Kam's hit. Take all of Brady's toys away forever.

I wish my team had multiple guys that hit like Thor's hammer. Like, that probably was completely unnecessary, and should have gotten a flag, and it would have still been worth it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I didn't watch the Phins game, but on Lebatard today they were comparing it to the Tampa Bay/Oakland Super Bowl where Oakland didn't change any of their signals or alignments so Gruden and the defense knew exactly what the playcall was every time. Supposedly the defense would call out "Screen!" and force Rivers to call a time out because that was the call. Gase had McCoy's system memorized. Any talk of this in San Diego Ross?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Edit nevermind already said San Dimas high school football rules.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chichevache posted:

That was Earl that trucked him though :confused:

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 15, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Keith Atherton posted:

That was Earl that trucked him though :confused:

Yes, I know. The point was the ferocity of the hit and the potential for a Patriots to lose a HoFer.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chichevache posted:

Yes, I know. The point was the ferocity of the hit and the potential for a Patriots to lose a HoFer.

I am bad at parsing sentences :doh:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Vernon Davis was ruined by never being very good and having Colin Kaepernick throwing him the football.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

PantsFreeZone posted:

wtf is going on?

Well now they're basically a lock to win the election

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

If you just want me to speak in a way that deflates your hopes specifically: Tannehill is still our QB

But as for the rest of us, this is why we won't make the playoffs:

- Albert already hurt again and could miss some time. Once that happens the entire line has to shift around and that ruins everything.

- The secondary is still awful.

- LB corps outside of Kiko is miserable. Any team with a competent TE is going to wreck us.

- Paper thin at almost every position.

- Dolphins.

thank you, this is what i needed to read

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's really weird looking back on that last 2 minutes of the Bengals January playoff game, and realizing that that was their peak and they're never going to come that close to a playoff win ever again with Dalton and Lewis

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's defenselessreceiver.avi

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Another loss for the AFC North. That's 24 total losses for this division.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I'm Glad The Bengals Lost

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

big money big clit posted:

Vernon Davis was ruined by never being very good and having Colin Kaepernick throwing him the football.

it is a good thing that he is on a team with a Very Good Quarterback named My Friend Kirk Cousins now

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the browns are 0-10.

the browns are not mathematically eliminated from winning the afc north.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The NFC East is now 17-4-1 outside of the division :stare:

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

BrownThunder posted:

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

shyduck posted:

and the NFC East is 9-1-1 against the AFC North

lmbo

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

shyduck posted:

Half of those losses are to the Lions.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PantsFreeZone posted:

wtf is going on?

The team probably won't be able to make up the gap in wins with the AFC West, but there's an outside shot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

incompetent posted:

That's not an actual post. Well it was an actual post, but not an actual post by BrownThunder.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Come home

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm glad the Bengals lost

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

BrownThunder posted:

Nice meltdown

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

incompetent posted:

LMFAO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

incompetent posted:

Ahahahhahahahaha

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

NattyBo if you're wondering, the Bengals would be below the Steelers still at this time because of the tie. The tie is less than a win.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

come back riht

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

incompetent posted:

yeah!!!!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I love how every time that gets posted multiple people don't get the joke, especially when it references a team that didn't even play the Bengals. Need to bring back the Eli perfectly spherical breasts post and start posting that.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BrownThunder posted:

NattyBo if you're wondering, the Bengals would be below the Steelers still at this time because of the tie. The tie is less than a win.

Ties own unless they happen to your team

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Marvin Lewis is a coward and our team is bad. But mostly it's Marvin's fault.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

swickles posted:

I love how every time that gets posted multiple people don't get the joke, especially when it references a team that didn't even play the Bengals. Need to bring back the Eli perfectly spherical breasts post and start posting that.

I'm both inordinately annoyed and kind of tickled that the real phrase was "impossibly perfect spheres" but everyone calls it "perfectly spherical breasts."

TFF has its own "Beam me up, Scotty!" :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

That's not an actual post. Well it was an actual post, but not an actual post by BrownThunder.

swickles posted:

I love how every time that gets posted multiple people don't get the joke, especially when it references a team that didn't even play the Bengals.

I'm having a flashback of this for some reason.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770598&pagenumber=88&perpage=40#post459182026

• Locked thread