Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

This is from after the Steelers/Bengals playoff game

It's amazing how I can be a Bengals fan for 29 years and still expect the side I'm backing to win. I should just blackmail people with my support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
also i just read the NFL homepage and since when does 28-7 get described as "a rout"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Turdsdown Tom posted:

also i just read the NFL homepage and since when does 28-7 get described as "a rout"

The 2nd half pretty much was. We were down 7-6 going into it but the Browns seemed to have thrown in the towel after the half started.

Again the first half was pretty bad for the Ravens. They looked real bad and I wasn't the only one saying the Browns might win. And I do think losing that game would have got Harbaugh fired, maybe not today but at the end of the year.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 11, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want to know how Kawalimus would handle things if he actually rooted for a bad team

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I want to know how Kawalimus would handle things if he actually rooted for a bad team

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I already do. I was more subdued. But losing to the Redskins refueled my rage for this year at least.

I don't know that I can ever forgive Harbaugh for losing to the Redskins in Baltimore. I mean if the Redskins had a killer team one year and ours was garbage I would forgive it. But not like that. Not that kind of fuckup.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 12, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Being a Ravens fan is rough

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Intruder posted:

Being a Ravens fan is rough

When your team is cursed to occasionally win Super Bowls you just have to find silver linings where you can. Breshad Perriman caught a td.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

When your team is cursed to occasionally win Super Bowls you just have to find silver linings where you can. Breshad Perriman caught a td.

He didn't actually even catch it. He hosed it up and the ball hit the ground, but the replay was only like 99% conclusive so they didn't overturn it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wish my team could gently caress up most of the time and win a Superbowl occasionally instead of loving up all the time and beating the Bengals in the playoffs while getting annihilated by anyone else

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

I wish my team could gently caress up most of the time and win a Superbowl occasionally instead of loving up all the time and beating the Bengals in the playoffs while getting annihilated by anyone else

The Ravens game wasn't really an annihilation. Texans put up a respectable effort having just TJ Yates. With Schaub they would have certainly won the game.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The 2008 Lions were hilariously bad but they still had Dan-O throwing long bombs to Calvin which beats out uh, half of Cody Kessler throwing bombs to Terrelle Pryor before disappearing for Josh McCown.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

That's a beauty right there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

I already do. I was more subdued. But losing to the Redskins refueled my rage for this year at least.

No, you don't. You're so far up your own rear end that you legitimately think that there's no discernable difference between how the Ravens are run and how teams like the Browns and Raiders (pre Carr) were run in the last 15 years. You legitimately cannot see that not only are the Ravens one of the best run teams in the NFL, they're one of the best run teams in North American sports.

You're an entitled trust fund kid who bitches and complains when Mommy and Daddy only get you a corvette for Christmas and not a Rolls Royce. You are the epitome of delusion and you can't loving see it and it's goddamn infuriating.

You're so far loving gone in this delusion that you'll never be able to appreciate the team you have and stare dumbfounded and confused when other people who root for the same team as you call you an idiot. You're not trolling, you're just so far loving gone in the delusion that you'll never be able to escape. So you invent bullshit like a pretend rivalry with the Raiders or Redskins and then are amazed when everyone else isn't backing you up.

gently caress you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I mean, I think Kawalimus went to school with a bunch of Redskins fans or something and that's why he hates them or something, it isn't completely contrived.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It was right around the time I started watching the Ravens. Dan Snyder had just bought the team and they had made the playoffs and won a game. Then they signed all these players that offseason and drafted Chris Samuels and Lavarr Arrington and were certain they were on the cusp of a dynasty. I decided I was going to cheer for the Ravens since we're in Baltimore and they acted like I was crazy or something. Like why would I not support a team with their history and tradition? It got real bad then they beat the Ravens that year and I never heard the end of it(but of course they didn't *really* care according to them), then the Ravens won the Superbowl and they missed the playoffs and they were quiet. So I always have wanted misery for them. Then they lost all the time under Snyder. So I liked seeing it and was glad for them to have misery and they were always my least favorite team.

Also we have no rivalry with the Raiders I just wanted us to be the last team to ever win a playoff game there. I'd say the same thing like it would be cool to win a playoff game in Buffalo not because of a rivalry but because it just would be. Not many playoff games get played there. That's not fabricating a rivalry I just like little things like that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 12, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody sympathizes with you because of that whole "and then the ravens won a super bowl" part

Even if they'd only won one you'd still look like an idiot. They've won 2 in the last 15 years, so you look like a legendary idiot

Don't complain about lack of current success to people who would wish for this problem. it's hosed up you even need this spelled out for you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Noice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

No, you don't. You're so far up your own rear end that you legitimately think that there's no discernable difference between how the Ravens are run and how teams like the Browns and Raiders (pre Carr) were run in the last 15 years. You legitimately cannot see that not only are the Ravens one of the best run teams in the NFL, they're one of the best run teams in North American sports.

You're an entitled trust fund kid who bitches and complains when Mommy and Daddy only get you a corvette for Christmas and not a Rolls Royce. You are the epitome of delusion and you can't loving see it and it's goddamn infuriating.

You're so far loving gone in this delusion that you'll never be able to appreciate the team you have and stare dumbfounded and confused when other people who root for the same team as you call you an idiot. You're not trolling, you're just so far loving gone in the delusion that you'll never be able to escape. So you invent bullshit like a pretend rivalry with the Raiders or Redskins and then are amazed when everyone else isn't backing you up.

gently caress you.

Chris James 2 posted:

Nobody sympathizes with you because of that whole "and then the ravens won a super bowl" part

Even if they'd only won one you'd still look like an idiot. They've won 2 in the last 15 years, so you look like a legendary idiot

Don't complain about lack of current success to people who would wish for this problem. it's hosed up you even need this spelled out for you.

Not only have they won two Superbowls, they've been really good in general. They've missed the playoffs six times in sixteen years. They've been to the AFCCG 4 times. They've finished under .500 the same number of times in that span. They won the Superbowl in their fifth year of existence

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 12, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The 2008 Lions were hilariously bad but they still had Dan-O throwing long bombs to Calvin which beats out uh, half of Cody Kessler throwing bombs to Terrelle Pryor before disappearing for Josh McCown.

Dan-O was the best QB on that team and I am bound by blood oath to bring it up every time he's mentioned in connection to the 08 Lions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Not only have they won two Superbowls, they've been really good in general. They've missed the playoffs six times in sixteen years. They've been to the AFCCG 4 times. They've finished under .500 the same number of times in that span. They won the Superbowl in their fifth year of existence

Yeah, but next year they'll have only won one Super Bowl in the last 15 years, which puts them below the championship poverty line. :qq:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy when I say stuff like the Raiders stuff, or the Redskins stuff. I'm just telling why I don't like them. That's really it. I don't care if we've won twelve Superbowls I'm still gonna find stuff to root for and get mad about. That's what football is all about to me. And we were real good in 2010 and 2011 but I felt we could have been a real juggernaut.

And it's football fandom nobody's starving or dying. The idea that I shouldn't complain about my team because some other teams fans are "suffering" and would rather have those problems is one I won't pay a bit of attention to. And I'd never have the same attitude if it were the other way around. I don't go around to other hockey teams fans and tell them how good they have it and they shouldn't complain just cause their teams won a cup and mine hasn't. I'd never do that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a neat cape posted:

gently caress you.

DEAR ED "Kawalimus" HOCHULI

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ross that was a thing of beauty.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Darth Brooks posted:

Ross that was a thing of beauty.

Agreed, MV's greatest crime is Kawalimus gaining acceptance around here. It's taken him going full Parm to get even a little pushback with increasingly insane rants. Although this:

a neat cape posted:

You're not trolling

Is wrong, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

And it's football fandom nobody's starving or dying. The idea that I shouldn't complain about my team because some other teams fans are "suffering" and would rather have those problems is one I won't pay a bit of attention to. And I'd never have the same attitude if it were the other way around. I don't go around to other hockey teams fans and tell them how good they have it and they shouldn't complain just cause their teams won a cup and mine hasn't. I'd never do that.

yea i kinda agree with kawalimus here, seeing words "entitlement" thrown around in goddamned football is the funniest poo poo

like yea i'm sorry people root for lovely teams out there but i too was super frustrated in like 2010-2011 because it was a really good team and the window was shutting (which made 2012 loving rule because i was certain the window was closed)

i like my usually-good team to be good, and i don't like it when they are bad

actually i'm not sorry people root for lovely teams, kawalimus owns and i hope your teams always suck go ravens i'm glad the bengals lost

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Even as someone who absolutely hates the Ravens, I don't mind Kawalimus and think his hysteria is funny.

But he does need to atone with some bird posts though. Where the hell are they, Kawalimus.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Outside of Calvin, Dan-O was the least problematic part of that team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

big juicy nectarine posted:

Even as someone who absolutely hates the Ravens, I don't mind Kawalimus and think his hysteria is funny.

But he does need to atone with some bird posts though. Where the hell are they, Kawalimus.

I bring them out when the time is right :)

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I caught part of it because gently caress watching a whole TNF game anymore, but still:

-the gold font on the Ravens' jersey is kinda dope.

-Browns' offensive line is absolute trash except for Joe Thomas. That one whiff Cleveland's LG did on a blitzing Raven LB that got McCown strip sacked was as piss poor an effort as you'll see in pro football. Somehow Cam Erving wasn't the worst o-line starter they put out there last night.

-and yet the Browns' defense was even worse than that. There were a lot of plays where they could stopped a Raven player from gaining more yardage, only to have 'em slip away and rack up more. Just poor tackling all around, and it's a microcosm of why they've lost a lot of close games this year (though this obviously isn't one of them). They can't stop anybody, basically.

I can't really make heads or tails of the Ravens this year; their offense has looked mediocre for a myriad number of reasons (Flacco still recovering from his knee injury, a beat up offensive line) and their defense has gradually looked more solid as the year's gone on. I can see 'em getting a wildcard as easily as missing the playoffs, depending on if they can get healthy.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Durandal1707 posted:

I caught part of it because gently caress watching a whole TNF game anymore, but still:

-the gold font on the Ravens' jersey is kinda dope.

-Browns' offensive line is absolute trash except for Joe Thomas. That one whiff Cleveland's LG did on a blitzing Raven LB that got McCown strip sacked was as piss poor an effort as you'll see in pro football. Somehow Cam Erving wasn't the worst o-line starter they put out there last night.

-and yet the Browns' defense was even worse than that. There were a lot of plays where they could stopped a Raven player from gaining more yardage, only to have 'em slip away and rack up more. Just poor tackling all around, and it's a microcosm of why they've lost a lot of close games this year (though this obviously isn't one of them). They can't stop anybody, basically.

I can't really make heads or tails of the Ravens this year; their offense has looked mediocre for a myriad number of reasons (Flacco still recovering from his knee injury, a beat up offensive line) and their defense has gradually looked more solid as the year's gone on. I can see 'em getting a wildcard as easily as missing the playoffs, depending on if they can get healthy.

Yes but the Ravens are cursed you see

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We'll either win the division or miss the playoffs. I don't expect the team to be .500 or over. But teams do overachieve and 9-7 could win this division. Ravens and Bengals still have to play each other both times, so those games could be pretty huge as far as the AFCN is concerned. I expect the Bengals to sweep.

Ravens record could be a lot worse. When we were 3-0 the consensus here was that we were a pretty bad 3-0 team, and that our fans shouldn't get too excited since we just barely were able to beat teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland. So we've gone from 3-0 to 5-4, a 2-4 record since then. And the schedule for the Ravens gets a little difficult soon. @ Dallas next week. Then the rest of the games are vs Bengals, vs Dolphins, @Patriots, vs Eagles, @ Steelers, @ Bengals. I don't see four wins in there which is the number I'm guessing we would need for the division. Say we beat Cincinnati and Miami at home(which is not certain at all), so then you'd need two more out of the rest. Steelers and us will probably split. Probably will split with Bengals also. So we'd need to win 2 out of 3 of @Dallas, @Patriots, and vs Eagles to get over 8-8. I don't see it happening, and that's assuming the best.

Maybe we could steal a sweep from Pittsburgh or Cincinnati but I don't think that will happen. Other way is that something like 8-8 actually wins the division, but I don't think the division is that bad that the winning team will be .500 or under. Looks like Pittsburgh has two games left against Cleveland, so they have a pretty big advantage based on that. We will probably need to sweep them to win it.

The two wildcards this season will almost certainly be from the AFC West.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 12, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kawalimus posted:

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy when I say stuff like the Raiders stuff, or the Redskins stuff. I'm just telling why I don't like them. That's really it. I don't care if we've won twelve Superbowls I'm still gonna find stuff to root for and get mad about. That's what football is all about to me. And we were real good in 2010 and 2011 but I felt we could have been a real juggernaut.

Nobody takes issue with you being upset or frustrated with your team's performance when they lose a game.

We take issue with you calling them a bad team and a bad organization and saying they've been poo poo for a long time because that poo poo isn't loving true and you keep doubling down on that poo poo when your team, even injured and playing at a lower level than previous years, is still in first place in its division and just won two division games in a row, handily.

It's not about "entitlement" or "suffering teams," it's about you being whiny as gently caress

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 12, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:agreed:

I want to be really mad at the Cowboys for fielding a defense this risky and full of holes, a defense that only exists because they ignored it for so drat long, but when you're 7-1 clearly there's something about it that manages to work. It may not/probably won't hold up in the playoffs, but until we reach that point I just have to smile and enjoy the ride. My team has serious issues, but it is somehow succeeding despite them. Which hey, is kinda kick rear end when it's all said and done.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Sometimes I feel bad about being a Seahawks fan but then Kawalimus makes posts.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nobody takes issue with you being upset or frustrated with your team's performance when they lose a game.

We take issue with you calling them a bad team and a bad organization and saying they've been poo poo for a long time because that poo poo isn't loving true and you keep doubling down on that poo poo when your team, even injured and playing at a lower level than previous years, is still in first place in its division and just won two division games in a row, handily.

It's not about "entitlement" or "suffering teams," it's about you being whiny as gently caress

I guess I just get in a "zone" of sorts when I watch the Ravens or other sports teams I like. I mean I don't know. I know other teams have issues too. Though we really didn't beat Pittsburgh handily, and Cleveland is a historically bad team. I'm just tired of watching sloppy performances on offense. My entire time watching this team I swear 2014 was the only season we ever had an offense that was actually functional and not just accidentally sometimes.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

TheChirurgeon posted:

This plus we all hate things about our teams and have weird theories but most of us don't invent misery for ourselves and have a sense of humor when our teams gently caress up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

big juicy nectarine posted:

Birds are dumb as are bird teams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Look at a bird's brain. Mine is much larger. A bird can barely do algebra while I am well versed. I have a fantastic brain, one of the best brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Kawalimus posted:

I guess I just get in a "zone" of sorts when I watch the Ravens or other sports teams I like. I mean I don't know. I know other teams have issues too. Though we really didn't beat Pittsburgh handily, and Cleveland is a historically bad team. I'm just tired of watching sloppy performances on offense. My entire time watching this team I swear 2014 was the only season we ever had an offense that was actually functional and not just accidentally sometimes.

This isn't Madden where you can take a 99 OVR team and whip the snot out of a team at rookie level and EVERY play is a positive. It's "are you better enough?" to win.

• Locked thread