Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Darth Brooks posted:

This isn't Madden where you can take a 99 OVR team and whip the snot out of a team at rookie level and EVERY play is a positive. It's "are you better enough?" to win.

I know but I want my team to be the Patriots times two. That's just how I perceive it. And I can't change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

:agreed:

I want to be really mad at the Cowboys for fielding a defense this risky and full of holes, a defense that only exists because they ignored it for so drat long, but when you're 7-1 clearly there's something about it that manages to work. It may not/probably won't hold up in the playoffs, but until we reach that point I just have to smile and enjoy the ride. My team has serious issues, but it is somehow succeeding despite them. Which hey, is kinda kick rear end when it's all said and done.

Yeah I have to give credit to Marinelli (and before him, Kiffen), who turned the league's worst unit into a unit that is respectably average. Neither the pass rush nor the secondary is great, and we're vulnerable to the run, but on the whole the defense can tighten up when it needs to and it gets the help it needs from the offense, which eats enough clock to both keep it rested, give it good field position, and, more often than not, play with a lead, which helps a shitload.

I think the team can absolutely hold in the playoffs against this year's NFC, with a bit of injury luck.

I also think we'll curb stomp the Ravens

Kawalimus posted:

I know but I want my team to be the Patriots times two. That's just how I perceive it. And I can't change that.

You're in for a long, lovely life because while I don't know the future, I know for certain that most of the years of your life, the Ravens won't win a championship.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 12, 2016

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Intruder posted:

Birds are dumb as are bird teams

Seattle is a bird team but before they did the fan ideas thing for a name they were going to be the Seattle Kings

Imagine the Rivals.com possibilities

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

You all aspire to mere success. Kawalimus aspires to the sublime. Buncha Salieris who can't appreciate the Mozart in our midst.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Look at a bird's brain. Mine is much larger. A bird can barely do algebra while I am well versed. I have a fantastic brain, one of the best brains

:golfclap:
When will you build a wall between TFF and TRP?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

Look at a bird's brain. Mine is much larger. A bird can barely do algebra while I am well versed. I have a fantastic brain, one of the best brains

I showed my plans of how to deal with the bird teams to some ornithologists. These people loved it. They couldn't believe it. I now have the support of over 200 of the top ornithologists. We have to get tougher on bird teams or things are going to get very bad for us, believe me.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

C-Euro posted:

Dan-O was the best QB on that team and I am bound by blood oath to bring it up every time he's mentioned in connection to the 08 Lions.

Sad if true.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

Sad if true.

Let's see, a very old Jon Kitna, the shambling corpse of Daunte Culpepper, Drew Stanton as a rookie and...Drew Henson out of nowhere.

Yeah it checks out.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

We'll either win the division or miss the playoffs.

Let me do you one better: the Ravens will either make the playoffs or they won't.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Let me do you one better: the Ravens will either make the playoffs or they won't.

What I mean is they won't get a wildcard spot, so if they lose the division they are out.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

Let's see, a very old Josh McCown , the shambling corpse of RG3, Cody Kessler as a rookie and...Kevin Hogan out of nowhere.

Yeah it checks out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shoulda traded for Dan, I'm sure the Lions wouldn't have asked for a ton and you've got plenty of picks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
No. I refuse. Dan-O is the Best-O.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

So you want what is literally impossible.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

please don't wish for your team to cheat that much kawalimus

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
that's perfectly reasonable, everyone should want their team to win 28 games a season

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Intruder posted:

you have the brain of a cow come on cardinals are way smarter :downsgun:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Birds are dumb as are bird teams

Birds are dinosaurs. Intruder hates dinosaurs. What the gently caress?!?!?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My brain is very very very large, as is, you know. Unlike bird brains which are not large. In fact they're quite small. I don't know myself but many people are telling me that's why birdbrain is an insult. Dozens of people have told me this. We're working on a comprehensive report on this and it's going to be amazing, believe me.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

My brain is very very very large, as is, you know. Unlike bird brains which are not large. In fact they're quite small. I don't know myself but many people are telling me that's why birdbrain is an insult. Dozens of people have told me this. We're working on a comprehensive report on this and it's going to be amazing, believe me.

You're gonna keep this up a while aren't you?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:smith:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Moon posted:

Birds are dinosaurs. Intruder hates dinosaurs. What the gently caress?!?!?

Clearly we need to get Literally A Bird in here for a mod fight

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
brains look like walnuts but are more spongy, ergo I consume a diet of mostly walnuts and sponges to keep my brain of utmost brainly brainness QED

a priori, birds consume berries and human flesh, alma mater bird brains are not inasmuch brains perse as antithetical ipso facto

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I want a team like the Patriots were in the first part of 2007. I'd never seen anything like that. That was one of my favorite teams. I was sad when they lost the Superbowl. They were out for blood like every game and you were lucky if it was even within a few scores. That's what I want the Ravens to be.

Christ that new avatar just scared the hell out of me!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kawalimus posted:

I want a team like the Patriots were in the first part of 2007. I'd never seen anything like that. That was one of my favorite teams. I was sad when they lost the Superbowl. They were out for blood like every game and you were lucky if it was even within a few scores. That's what I want the Ravens to be.

Nice av.

I'd rather have a dominant defensive team that punishes the opposing offense any time they dare set foot on the field. gently caress scoring.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I want a team that is friends with the other team and tries their hardest and even if they don't win every game they did as good as they could and had fun with their friends

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

A perfect avatar for such a beautiful, odd bird of a poster. Rock on Kawalimus.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
went through this thread just now, came to say

nice meltdown

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

It's garbage, there's no shaking.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

incompetent posted:

It's garbage, there's no shaking.

or googly eyes, what the gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I want a team that wins a championship and lets me go to a parade

I got that, am good considering 30+% of fans in all kinds of sports including this league have still never had that, and will not complain about not having more because gently caress that (if more happen, good, if not, good)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i dont want to ever win due to it will bring more people joy even though they already have plenty of joy. i just love Them that much

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

Nice av.

I'd rather have a dominant defensive team that punishes the opposing offense any time they dare set foot on the field. gently caress scoring.

Explosive offense is fun, but I miss this so badly.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Nice av.

Absolutely. That's why I loved the Ray Lewis Ravens, and have been a Seahawks fan since watching guys like Trufant and Tatupu play (that was around the time you could get time-shifting packages for cable so I was actually able to watch Seahawks games instead of just reading about them in newspaper box scores).

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Kawalimus posted:

This reminds of Lou Holtz talking about expectations.

quote:

"When I first started, everybody said they just wanted us to be competitive. That first season in 1986 we went 5-6 and lost five games by a total of 14 points. But people said, 'No, when we said competitive, we meant we want you to win.'

"So the next year we were 8-4 and played in a New Year's Day bowl. But they said, 'No, when we said we want you to win, we meant win them all.'

"So the next year we did win them all. We went 12-0 and won the national championship. But they said, 'No, you don't understand, we meant we want you to win big.'

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I hope the Bengals win every game and everyone else loses every game. That's my wish in this new america

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Darth Brooks posted:

This reminds of Lou Holtz talking about expectations.

quote:

"When I firtht thtarted, everybody thaid they jutht wanted uth to be competitive. That firtht theathon in 1986th we went 5-6th and lotht five gameth by a total of 14 pointth. But people thaid, 'No, when we said competitive, we meant we want you to win.'

"Tho the next year we were 8-4 and played in a New Year'th Day bowl. But they thaid, 'No, when we said we want you to win, we meant win them all.'

"Tho the next year we did win them all. We went 12-0 and won the national championship. But they thaid, 'No, you don't underthtand, we meant we want you to win big.'

Ftfy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hell yeah ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want a team that fields cyborgs wearing jet packs.

• Locked thread