Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Went to the NYC one yesterday, it was a pretty good time, definitely recommend to those of you feeling despondent from the election. It was explicitly about networking activist groups, which is probably the best that can be done at this point. It's good to get an early start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

satanic splash-back posted:

I read through this thread and I just really want to know an answer to this question. What is this going to achieve, other than showing that you dislike the results of a public election? It isn't like the government will suddenly block Trump from becoming President just because some people didn't like the results of the election.

In fact, this seems to weaken the ability for protesters to make a point. He hasn't even taken office yet, and people are launching prejudiced protests against him for his role in hypothetical situations.

How in the world does it weaken protesting?

And it's not for his role in hypothetical situations - we're showing solidarity for those who are made vulnerable, and protesting against those who take his election as an endorsement of their hateful behavior.

Koalas March posted:

Why do I have the feeling that the people arguing against protesting now would be the same people in the 60s telling Civil Rights protestors to calm down and just accept it.

Because they are.

• Locked thread