Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Doorknob Slobber posted:

people shouldn't protest says the person who (supposedly)enjoys weekends, a minimum wage, civil rights, women voting, the 40 hour work week and the list goes on and on and on.

I'm quite certain Pajser doesn't enjoy civil rights at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Main Paineframe posted:

A protest is basically just a way of demonstrating that a lot of people are angry. To be truly effective, it needs a somewhat coherent objective (doesn't have to be detailed or specific; BLM's "stop oppressing black people goddamnit" was plenty), and it needs an implied threat of "here's what us angry people will do if you don't give us concessions to calm us down". If the protest movement lacks either of those things, it's doomed to fail.

BLM did have a detailed list of demands. Stop perpetuating lying bullshit from the white media. It just cost us an election and may cost us our lives.

A big flaming stink posted:

When people are genuinely afraid of persecution from the right-wing shitheads that feel like they're unstoppable right now, yes, solidarity is really loving important. Both to show those vulnerable that they are not alone and that they have support, and to show would-be skinheads that there are plenty of people that have some pointed remarks about them trying to smash people's houses and harass/assault people they view as other.

Kingfish is an avowed white supremacist, just put them on ignore.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pajser posted:

i work a lovely minimum wage job and i know full well if i start bullshit i get beaten up by my neighbour who is a cop and a family friend so the only thing i could accomplish is begging my parents to let move back after my flat mates throw me out for needlessly making their lives worse just to show my discontent at the current political establishment.

The fact that you've even heard of the phrase "minimum wage" is something people died in the gutter for you spineless coward.

• Locked thread